• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Supercharger Question

Spencer M

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I couldn't find anything in the owners manual so I figured I'd check here. I couldn't find a specific search about a 2013 SX192....

Is there a kit / supercharger rebuild that is recommended on a 2013 SX192, I've seen conflicting information...the manual doesn't mention anything. Some folks have told me that nothing is needed, others say every 100hrs.

Thanks in advance!

FSH 210 Sport

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Judging from the fuel requirements (86 oct) of your boat I found in the manual your boat does not have a Super charger? SC boats require 91 octane.

D639BCB3-BBE9-493E-8348-1E09215E2CE5.jpeg

7AEEF1B5-359C-4058-BFA1-7CC816E00A2E.jpeg

Spencer M

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Judging from the fuel requirements (86 oct) of your boat I found in the manual your boat does not have a Super charger? SC boats require 91 octane.

View attachment 197090

View attachment 197089

I wish that was the case, would make the servicing much easier...

Yamaha WaterCraft Group just revealed its 2013 model line, and it includes a new high-performance 19-foot boat model, the SX192, which will be powered by a single supercharged 1.8-liter engine and Yamaha jet drive.

Attachments

FSH 210 Sport

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Okay, does your manual say the required fuel is 91?

FSH 210 Sport

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
If you use the search engine on this site you will find a lot of threads on the SC subject.. I do not have a boat with a SC, but, seems to me there was recent mention that the SC was upgraded at some point, and that the inspection or maintenance schedule was to either inspect or replace the clutch on the SC at 200 hours. There are also companies that make a pop off valve to keep the shear pin (?) from shearing. That shear pin is a safety to keep from damaging the SC. A few folks have reported that while at full throttle and hitting a wake and getting air borne upon landing the engine would not rev above 5000 rpm. This sort of failure is easy to diagnose by pulling off the outlet hose to the SC, while the engine is off and safetied so it can’t turn over!, to see if the SC impeller will spin both directions, it should only spin one direction. This is an easy fix from what other members said.

Hopefully that helps with your question.

@JC!

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
Okay, does your manual say the required fuel is 91?
WTF does his original question have anything to do with octane? A 192 is always a SHO engine, A 190 is the HO and 195 is the SVHO.

To the OP, no there is no scheduled maintenance on the SHO supercharger. BUT, the clutch can sometimes fail and the SC wheel will then spin both ways (easy way to check is to remove the air intake tube and manually try to spin it). If this happens, there is a kit consisting of both gears that you can replace yourself if you're mechanically inclined.

FSH 210 Sport

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
WTF does his original question have anything to do with octane? A 192 is always a SHO engine, A 190 is the HO and 195 is the SVHO.
Here, let me explain my position to you.

In an effort to help the OP, I brought up the manual for his boat, a 2013 SX 192, please see the two screen shots I posted from the manual, and in the big red circle is the recommended fuel for his boat, 86 octane. That indicates to me its a non SC engine as SC engines require 91 octane, at least in every other discussion here on this site and in every other manual I have read with the SC engines, so my question was valid about whether or not the boat actually had a SC and whether or not he even had to worry about it as no where else in the manual does it describe the engine as being a SC equipped engine.

Just trying to help out bru!

@JC!

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
Here, let me explain my position to you.

In an effort to help the OP, I brought up the manual for his boat, a 2013 SX 192, please see the two screen shots I posted from the manual, and in the big red circle is the recommended fuel for his boat, 86 octane. That indicates to me its a non SC engine as SC engines require 91 octane, at least in every other discussion here on this site and in every other manual I have read with the SC engines, so my question was valid about whether or not the boat actually had a SC and whether or not he even had to worry about it as no where else in the manual does it describe the engine as being a SC equipped engine.

Just trying to help out bru!
I'm sure he's grateful that you answered a question he didn't ask and provided information he already knew was incorrect. :winkingthumbsup"

FSH 210 Sport

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Thanks I’m sure he is grateful that I tried to help out!

Judge

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
275SD
Boat Length
I had a '14 SX192 with a Super Charger. The fuel requirement was 86 pump octane number minimum. I followed the maintenance schedule in the manual but there wasn't anything specific to the SC.

If there was any specific maintenance, you would think they would mention the SC and at least say something like "See Dealer for Maintenance @ X Hours."

Screen Shot 2023-04-05 at 5.54.52 PM.png