• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

SX 192 Mods

CQQL

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

Dean P

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
@CQQL Congrats on the new boat! Nice job on the installs!! I can only get 7500-7600 RPMs. Not sure on how to get past that. Did you notice what your GPH is at WOT?

CQQL

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
didn't note the GPH, i will next time.

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Welcome to the forum @CQQL ! Nice boat you got there :thumbsup:

texmo02

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX192
Boat Length
90 degree fittings on both would be nice. The outlets are pretty close to the front compartment wall. Mine ended up ok using sections of the stock flexible tubing. The typical semi-rigid hydraulic line will not work.
This was a good read on the "GIO" http://www.greenhulk.net/forums/showthread.php?t=111406&page=3. It seems the additional cooling could be a culprit. I probably won't do a dedicated IC line at first when I upgrade the IC. I'd rather add one mod at the time so I know which has an affect or not.

@texmo02 what was your top speed and RPM on your success days and did you end up running a dedicated cooling line to the SVHO IC?
Top speed of 45 loaded and 50 with ~300 lbs. RPM in the 7500 range. I did not do a dedicated cooling line.

CQQL

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Thanks @haknslash. I think it's same one as yours :) in same color.

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
@CQQL 7500 or so is what these boats run. Boattest.com also said they got 50 MPH so I wouldn't put much stock in their test numbers. Yea we have same boat and color ;)

swatski

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@CQQL 7500 or so is what these boats run. Boattest.com also said they got 50 MPH so I wouldn't put much stock in their test numbers. Yea we have same boat and color ;)
They tend to test in winter or when it's cold/cool.

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
My SVHO intercooler is now stateside! Should hopefully arrive tomorrow! I'll make a how-to video of the install even though it's pretty straight forward from what I can see, but I'm sure it will help someone some day. Hoping weather will be good next weekend so I can do some speedrun tests.

Attachments

Midnight2V

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Hi guys, new AR192 owner suffering from heat soak. I get stuck at 6900 and 34mph. Currently I am fighting with the dealership and Yamaha to sort it out, but I am planning to take things into my own hands very shortly if I can't get satisfaction from them. I am very familiar with forced induction systems and have built several hi power FI engines over the years. My experience thus far leaves me very frustrated.

I thought I would pose a few questions for all those here.

I have the type 14 kit ordered with all of the parts that SamCF listed and it is currently en route (arriving tomorrow). One change I am making is I will be using the Riva 1/2" outlet pump strainer plate and using a 1/2" water line to the intercooler, but I will use a 3/4" water outlet line. My reasoning behind this is that the water once heated has more volume, and the same mass flow rate will require a larger diameter outlet line...maybe not 3/4", but I can't find 5/8" thru-hull fittings in a 45 degree angle so 3/4" it is. Any thoughts on this idea?

Another change I am considering is whether I can sub in a 3" silicone 180 degree section for the supercharger discharge to IC air inlet as opposed to the three piece assembly that everyone has shown in their photos...or is the three piece with the aluminum pipe necessary for structural support? I could see the possibility of the tube pinching due to the unsupported weight of the IC. I figure I might need the 180 about an inch or two shorter on one side of the turn or the other due to height offset, and it would result in a much cleaner and uniform turn for the air. Any guesses?

Another thing I am planning is using 3m 4200 for my thru-hull sealant. It is softer than either 1211 or 3M 5200, but cures in 24 hours as opposed to 5-7 days and it can be removed fairly easily. Which sealant was used by any who have already done the upgrade and how is it holding up?

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
SVHO intercooler arrived. However he condition of the shipping box and shitty tape job I'm guessing from US customs had me worried!! Thankfully the intercooler is intact. :thumbsup:

Attachments

Speedling

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
Hi guys, new AR192 owner suffering from heat soak. I get stuck at 6900 and 34mph. Currently I am fighting with the dealership and Yamaha to sort it out, but I am planning to take things into my own hands very shortly if I can't get satisfaction from them. I am very familiar with forced induction systems and have built several hi power FI engines over the years. My experience thus far leaves me very frustrated.

I thought I would pose a few questions for all those here.

I have the type 14 kit ordered with all of the parts that SamCF listed and it is currently en route (arriving tomorrow). One change I am making is I will be using the Riva 1/2" outlet pump strainer plate and using a 1/2" water line to the intercooler, but I will use a 3/4" water outlet line. My reasoning behind this is that the water once heated has more volume, and the same mass flow rate will require a larger diameter outlet line...maybe not 3/4", but I can't find 5/8" thru-hull fittings in a 45 degree angle so 3/4" it is. Any thoughts on this idea?

Another change I am considering is whether I can sub in a 3" silicone 180 degree section for the supercharger discharge to IC air inlet as opposed to the three piece assembly that everyone has shown in their photos...or is the three piece with the aluminum pipe necessary for structural support? I could see the possibility of the tube pinching due to the unsupported weight of the IC. I figure I might need the 180 about an inch or two shorter on one side of the turn or the other due to height offset, and it would result in a much cleaner and uniform turn for the air. Any guesses?

Another thing I am planning is using 3m 4200 for my thru-hull sealant. It is softer than either 1211 or 3M 5200, but cures in 24 hours as opposed to 5-7 days and it can be removed fairly easily. Which sealant was used by any who have already done the upgrade and how is it holding up?
Lots in there and i am on a phone so i will give it a quick look.
5200 is just more permanent. Does a great job and don't need to worry about it.
3" piping may work but i don't have one to look at it myself.
Going to 3/4 is unnecessary because the increase in temperature won't increase the volume significantly until boiling.

Midnight2V

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Thanks Speedling, appreciate the input.

Joe Hellaby

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
@haknslash can't wait to see how the install goes. Your future video might give me the confidence to try this install next spring

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
@haknslash can't wait to see how the install goes. Your future video might give me the confidence to try this install next spring
It's a very straight forward install. Some 14mm bolts are what hold the intercooler to the bracket and engine. I should have the video up sometime this week. Should take most people 30 minutes to an hour to do a SVHO swap, so don't sweat it. I'm sure you can do the install yourself. I would have had mine done yesterday but I needed a longer socket extension and I also want to try and find a Y fitting on my lunch break today. I'll settle for a T fitting but would prefer a Y for better flow.

Last edited:

DBamaC

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR192
Boat Length
It's a very straight forward install. Two 14mm bolts and one 14mm nut are what hold the intercooler to the bracket and engine. I should have the video up sometime this week. Should take most people 30 minutes to an hour to do a SVHO swap, so don't sweat it. I'm sure you can do the install yourself. I would have had mine done yesterday but I needed a longer socket extension and I also want to try and fine a Y fitting on my lunch break today. I'll settle for a T fitting but would prefer a Y for better flow.
Be sure to post where you locate your Y fitting so I can copy off your paper...or just grab and extra. ;)

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length

DBamaC

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR192
Boat Length
Those would be perfect. If I get a moment to run out I'll see what I can find.

DBamaC

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR192
Boat Length
I found them on Amazon for $10 and Prime shipping (10 to the pack) if we can't find them locally.