• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

SX 192 Mods

Irvs

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX192
Boat Length
20170801_211133.jpg

20170801_205015.jpg 20170801_211014.jpg

Last edited:

Irvs

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX192
Boat Length
SVHO is 4 bolts and SHO is 3 bolts.

Mine is 3 bolts.

SamCF

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX192
Boat Length
I received the 160mm wear ring, but still waiting on the impeller. Hopefully it will get here while I'm off this week.

The foam sound deadening on the engine hatch fell off while I was checking the oil this morning. I didn't think it would be a big deal so I left it at the house. The engine noise is incredibly loud without the foam. I'm going to try Gorilla glue to reattach it tonight.

Ready to get the new impeller and get the rpms down. Good speed this morning.

Last edited:

4wheeldeal

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR192
Boat Length
I received the 160mm wear ring, but still waiting on the impeller. Hopefully it will get here while I'm off this week.

The foam sound deadening on the engine hatch fell off while I was checking the oil this morning. I didn't think it would be a big deal so I left it at the house. The enfine noise is incredibly loud without the foam. I'm going to try Gorilla glue to reattach it tonight.

Ready to get the new impeller and get the rpms down. Good speed this morning.

I would have been pissed if you where beside me wot when I had my old seadoo it did 58 on GPS too

SamCF

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX192
Boat Length
I got tired of waiting on my impeller. Pulled the pump today and put 3.5mm on the trailing edge of the stock impeller. So much for selling it after the conversion. The outside edge looks like a smooth transition, but the bend isn't all the way to the root of the blade. Going tomorrow to test it, hopefully will see 60mph.

Last edited:

4wheeldeal

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR192
Boat Length
Anyone notice if out ride plates come with a pump seal? Just watched a video of the guy comparing ride plates for the svho ski to a worx or something and it had a pump seal from factory.

SamCF

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX192
Boat Length
Well the 3.5mm bend was too much. Ran 57 mph @ 8150 rpm. With everyone in the boat it was at 54-55 mph @ 7950-8050.
Hole shots are pretty lazy. Starts at 7200 rpm and slowly works up to speed. No cavitation though. Still a lot faster than stock.

I removed the spacers on the Lucky 13 cone but it didn't change anything.

My dedicated cooling line blew off. I never got an overheat warning, but it melted a small hole in the plastic resonator. I thought it was going to end my day, but I found some hose clamps and reinstalled the cooling line, then used a piece from my cold air intake to put the exhaust back together. My wife was a little irritated, but was impressed with the quick fix.

swatski

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Well the 3.5mm bend was too much. Ran 57 mph @ 8150 rpm. With everyone in the boat it was at 54-55 mph @ 7950-8050.
Hole shots are pretty lazy. Starts at 7200 rpm and slowly works up to speed. No cavitation though. Still a lot faster than stock.

I removed the spacers on the Lucky 13 cone but it didn't change anything.

My dedicated cooling line blew off. I never got an overheat warning, but it melted a small hole in the plastic resonator. I thought it was going to end my day, but I found some hose clamps and reinstalled the cooling line, then used a piece from my cold air intake to put the exhaust back together. My wife was a little irritated, but was impressed with the quick fix.
Holy crap, you are getting so close. I don't know if it's time to bore the venturi nozzle maybe just slightly, or just backing off a mm or so on the trailing edge could do the trick.
Wow.

--

4wheeldeal

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR192
Boat Length
Yeah that's crazy how much it changed.

Too bad there wasn't a way to get 55 out of the boat with it running premium

SamCF

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX192
Boat Length
Yeah that's crazy how much it changed.

Too bad there wasn't a way to get 55 out of the boat with it running premium
The tune I am running is for 91 octane. I run 93 to be safe.

4wheeldeal

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR192
Boat Length
The tune I am running is for 91 octane. I run 93 to be safe.
91+ is premium up here. The highest we can get is 94 but it has ethanol, 91 she'll ran the best in my high compression two stroke seadoo.

I just love running 87 crazy cheap vs 91+ here. 15% more for 91 and over 1.5$ a litre at the marina. Boat holds 120L I believe or just a bit more.

SamCF

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX192
Boat Length
@4wheeldeal Give Dean's Team a call and ask what they can do for 87 octane. I'm sure how mine is setup now at 8100 rpm, it would be fine on 87 octane if it was tuned for it.

@swatski I think I will end up boring the nozzle, but I'm going to wait until I test the 160mm setup. I doubt I'll get back in the water with the 155mm pump. When I take the 155 off, I'll pitch it down 1-1.5 mm and keep it as a spare. It was pretty nice to run those speeds at lower rpm.

4wheeldeal

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR192
Boat Length
@4wheeldeal Give Dean's Team a call and ask what they can do for 87 octane. I'm sure how mine is setup now at 8100 rpm, it would be fine on 87 octane if it was tuned for it.
I think that is a next step for me, if I can get some more speed without running into 91+ that would be amazing. I'm curious where the line is between detonation and boost on these engines. Even running a low boost ET wheel with a similar tune to yours would I be in the clear at running a 8100 or 8000 RPM? I'm assuming that's a no, but I will ask.

Irvs

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX192
Boat Length
Hi @SamCF !

I Replaced supercharger clutch :rage: so boat is running again. I want to replicate your setup so, currently:
- Got an SVHO IC (working on some water leaks tho) <-----speaking of which, what hose size did you use?
- Got a 160mm Solas impeller that threads onto the shaft fine; however, apparently the stock wear ring is a little bit smaller. Which wear ring (manufacturer and part number) did you get? ....and from where? Which leads me to retract from my previous comment that my boat came with a 160mm impeller.
- Got the hardware to add additional cooling to the engine. Where do you mate it to the current water cooling system on the image below?

Capture.PNG

SamCF

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX192
Boat Length
I used a 3/4" hose, but that is overkill. 1/2" is what you need for the dedicated line. It ties directly into the intercooler, and you will need to cap the factory intercooler output that is labeled #3 on your diagram.

So you are saying you have a 155mm wear ring, but the SVHO drive shaft? That is pretty hard to believe. The 160mm wear ring is this part, it will work on SHO and SVHO pumps.
https://www.4-tecperformance.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=16_82_96&products_id=1416&zenid=hchfao6lnl40m6u2gceved75g1

Last edited:

d_coyne1984

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Just a heads up to you guys who have upgraded your intercooler, go put the SHO intercooler on Ebay. I sold mine for what I paid Riva for the SVHO. I probably could have gotten more, but I really just wanted it out of my garage.. The only other ones out there were priced at north of $600.

4wheeldeal

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR192
Boat Length
Just a heads up to you guys who have upgraded your intercooler, go put the SHO intercooler on Ebay. I sold mine for what I paid Riva for the SVHO. I probably could have gotten more, but I really just wanted it out of my garage.. The only other ones out there were priced at north of $600.
Really ? Dam. Mines going up tonight then, what's a good price I should start with?

d_coyne1984

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Really ? Dam. Mines going up tonight then, what's a good price I should start with?
I just put mine up for $150 plus shipping. I think it only took a week. I just did a quick ebay search and the cheapest I found was at $299 so you can probably start with $200-250 and get the next sale. Personally I get really annoyed with people trying to sell used shit for %10 off what they paid new 4 years ago. If it's not half off, I'm buying new.

Last edited:

RookieJetBoater

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR192
Boat Length
What is the hose size and type I need to connect the new IC? I left the SVHO IC up at cottage with the boat so can't check it.
Thx in advance.

SamCF

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX192
Boat Length
I ordered parts for the 160mm conversion on July 28th. The impeller finally showed up on Aug 21st. I just got home to start my week off and found a 155mm impeller in the box. So now I have to send this one back, and wait on a new one to be custom built. I'm sure it will be another month, so this conversion probably won't see the water until Spring.