• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

SX 192 Mods

RookieJetBoater

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR192
Boat Length
I like Option 3:

Option 3: ETLB wheel with tune. Target 8500 rpm. 58-60mph.
1. ETLB wheel. Will this work with stock tune? speed guess?
2. Tune of your choice. Maptuner sounds good. I can put it back to stock ECU when my 18yr old son is up with friends and also in the fall when temps are lower.
3. AFR gauge. You may have to add FPR if running lean. Will have to watch gauges, especially in colder weather or drastic elevation changes.
4. Repitch stock impeller or upgrade to Solas 13/17 160mm impeller and wear ring.

SamCF

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX192
Boat Length
I like Option 3:

Option 3: ETLB wheel with tune. Target 8500 rpm. 58-60mph.
1. ETLB wheel. Will this work with stock tune? speed guess?
2. Tune of your choice. Maptuner sounds good. I can put it back to stock ECU when my 18yr old son is up with friends and also in the fall when temps are lower.
3. AFR gauge. You may have to add FPR if running lean. Will have to watch gauges, especially in colder weather or drastic elevation changes.
4. Repitch stock impeller or upgrade to Solas 13/17 160mm impeller and wear ring.
I ran this wheel with the stock tune, but used a PowerShot to add fuel on the top end. It is not safe with stock fuel/ECU.

4wheeldeal

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR192
Boat Length
What is the main diffs between the c3 and ETLB wheel? I noticed you said stock ecu with c3 and not ETLB wheel?

Also any worries with the timing chain?

SamCF

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX192
Boat Length
What is the main diffs between the c3 and ETLB wheel? I noticed you said stock ecu with c3 and not ETLB wheel?

Also any worries with the timing chain?
I really don't have experience to compare these wheels. From what I read on Greenhulk, the C3 is the largest wheel you can safely run without a tune or adding fuel. I do know that the ETLB Wheel makes enough boost to hit the boost limiter which will reduce rpm to 7500. That in itself makes that wheel undesirable for running with the stock ECU.

I do have worries about the timing chain because 2015 was one of the more likely years to have that issue. I don't think modifications have played a part in that failure. Yamaha has made repairs to modded skis and also skis out of warranty with failed timing chains. It's one of the few things that they admitted was their fault and are taking responsibility to fix.

4wheeldeal

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR192
Boat Length
Gotcha thanks. Sounds like if your going to spend the money on mods there is no point just getting the c3 wheel unless its cheap.

So they are doing a warranty on the chain after the normal warranty is up? That's great! Any chance do you know if this is a zero clearance motor?

swatski

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Gotcha thanks. Sounds like if your going to spend the money on mods there is no point just getting the c3 wheel unless its cheap.

So they are doing a warranty on the chain after the normal warranty is up? That's great! Any chance do you know if this is a zero clearance motor?
Yes it is an interference engine.

--

SamCF

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX192
Boat Length
Quick video from this morning.

SamCF

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX192
Boat Length
Gets up to 55 quick! I would be very happy with that setup.
I am very happy with it. Going to bend the impeller for 8300 rpm then leave it alone.

swatski

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Love it! You can really hear the power come on when you nail it WOT!

SamCF

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX192
Boat Length
Finished up a project that has been on my list for a long time. I've been collecting parts for a while, and finally found time to do the install.

From a 2015 FX Waverunner I used: Jet nozzle, trim ring, steering nozzle, brackets for bucket, and reverse bucket.

To control the trim nozzle I used a Lenco trim tab actuator.

I still need to install the control switch and water test, but here's a short video to get the wheels turning.

The waverunner reverse bucket looks like it will give much better direction control in Neutral and Reverse. Also the steering nozzle will probably reduce some of the low speed wanderings our boats are known for. I don't have fins now, so I hope it's manageable. I still have to clean up the trim bracket and change out some hardware to stainless steel. I had to use what I had laying around to cut out extra trips to town.

DBamaC

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR192
Boat Length
That’s freaking awesome.

RiverRat

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR192
Boat Length
That could be the most unbelievably awesome modification I've seen on a modern jet boat!

SamCF

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX192
Boat Length
I'm going to water test tomorrow. It trims up just a little above factory angle, but trims down much lower. I'm hoping it will reduce the jet wash for tubing and skiing. That's what I told the wife anyway.

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Finally someone did it!! Both the trim and the reverse bucket!! You are the freakin man @SamCF and so glad you share the journey of your boat! I can't wait to see the results once you water test it. I wonder if this can help with surfing too as it should knock down some of the jet wash.

@swatski check this out!

SamCF

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX192
Boat Length
Finally someone did it!! Both the trim and the reverse bucket!! You are the freakin man @SamCF and so glad you share the journey of your boat! I can't wait to see the results once you water test it. I wonder if this can help with surfing too as it should knock down some of the jet wash.

@swatski check this out!
We are going to try surfing tomorrow. Picked up some ballast bags and a "Happy Pill" board. Going to try a 540 bag under both back seats and 800 in the ski locker.

swatski

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Finished up a project that has been on my list for a long time. I've been collecting parts for a while, and finally found time to do the install.

From a 2015 FX Waverunner I used: Jet nozzle, trim ring, steering nozzle, brackets for bucket, and reverse bucket.

To control the trim nozzle I used a Lenco trim tab actuator.

I still need to install the control switch and water test, but here's a short video to get the wheels turning.

The waverunner reverse bucket looks like it will give much better direction control in Neutral and Reverse. Also the steering nozzle will probably reduce some of the low speed wanderings our boats are known for. I don't have fins now, so I hope it's manageable. I still have to clean up the trim bracket and change out some hardware to stainless steel. I had to use what I had laying around to cut out extra trips to town.

Phenomenal!
Holy mackerel!!!!

BTW - The lateral buckets would also work on the twins
https://jetboaters.net/threads/video-test-results-cobra-jet-vs-jet-boat-pilot.16559/page-2#post-288812

--

SamCF

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX192
Boat Length
The boat steering nozzles are huge gaping holes compared to the skis. I think that causes the wandering at low speeds. They also divert the reverse thrust mostly down which does a poor job of reversing and a worse job of turning. The ski setup should be much better at both. If not, I wasted a bunch of time and money. Rigging the steering controls and trim actuator was one of the most frustrating trial and error jobs I've done.

skbishop90

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR192
Boat Length
Well....????!! Water test yet? I've always wondered how trim would help/hurt these boats. Im eager to hear the difference.