• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

SX 195 Performance Engine Mods

SimonsJ

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
I would suggest checking your impeller for any damage and its clearance between the impeller sleeve along with sealing your intake tunnel. When my impeller sleeve and impeller was out of spec it performed similar to as you described.
When I pulled out the drive and disassembled the jet, the Impeller and sleeve looked brand new... perfect.
The previous owner clearly had issues because the tunnel has waaay too much sealant on every possible seam. I can't see any way that my tunnel has the usual leaks.

Where else can the air be getting in there?
Is it possible that air can get into the tunnel at the plug? I have water sitting on top of it whenever I check it, but I haven't tried looking at it underway (holding the safety switch).
Is it just a high altitude issue?

I have the 12/18 Twin Impeller and will try to get that installed... If I can get the stock impeller off the drive shaft!

SimonsJ

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
General consensus is that unless your boat is heavily modified you will see the best performance with the stock impeller.
At sea level... definitely not the best impeller above 3,000' ASL

blacksapphirez

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX195
Boat Length
anyone tried these?

blacksapphirez

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX195
Boat Length
When I pulled out the drive and disassembled the jet, the Impeller and sleeve looked brand new... perfect.
The previous owner clearly had issues because the tunnel has waaay too much sealant on every possible seam. I can't see any way that my tunnel has the usual leaks.

Where else can the air be getting in there?
Is it possible that air can get into the tunnel at the plug? I have water sitting on top of it whenever I check it, but I haven't tried looking at it underway (holding the safety switch).
Is it just a high altitude issue?

I have the 12/18 Twin Impeller and will try to get that installed... If I can get the stock impeller off the drive shaft!
I have L13 cone with no spacers. MUCH better than stock cone but still a little bit of caviatation.

Extremneon

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX195
Boat Length
This is a great thread, stumbled upon it when looking for jet boats running the Fizzle Y1000 Intercoolers.

I have 2021 SX195 and looking at making a few upgrades in the future to make the boat run better and of course a bit faster.

Scat Adams

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Bump! What BOV are you guys running on stock 195s?