• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

SX 195 Performance Engine Mods

Smitty78

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX195
Boat Length
Yep, that’s exactly what was in my boat.... Even though it may look like it’s not restrictive, it definitely increases back pressure, which decreases hp. It’s exactly like a resonator on a car exhaust and if you remove it will make the engine slightly louder, decrease back pressure, and increase hp. It probably only increases the horsepower by a few (2 or 3) but a few of these little mods add up...

Ozark

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
195S
Boat Length
Regarding Wet Wolf Adjust-A-Thrust for 195/SVHO/160mm Pump/Four Bolt/YAM 5.

After browsing this post, I was convinced to try the Wet Wolf cone rather than the Lucky 13. However the Wet Wolf Website doesn't list the YAM-5 which is the proper unit for new AR195 Supercharged Boats. Tried emailing/calling etc, and didn't hear anything for a few days... Then I got an email back from Jeff at Wet Wolf. He was funny and cordial when he realized the website didn't list the YAM-5, and said it was the "best kept secret" and asked me where I found out about it. I mentioned this thread, since he was wondering where all the new orders and inquiries were coming in from! We both had a laugh.
To tie this all up in a bow, if you want to order an AAT YAM5 cone, simply open PayPal, enter wetwolf@icehouse.net to where you want to send the payment to. It's currently $184 with shipping, in the note tell him you want a "YAM5" and he had mine mailed via USPS the morning... Supposed to have it on Monday....
Complicatedly simple..

Regards,
Scott
I just received my YAM5 today. Did Bruce send you YAM5 instructions? I received YAM4 instructions with mine. What combo bolt/washer/shuttle ended up working out the best for you? I have a 2021 195S.

Attachments

Smitty78

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX195
Boat Length
Try the shorter bolt with one washer and the second smallest shuttle. That seems to be a good initial set up.

Ozark

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
195S
Boat Length
Thanks for the guidance @Smitty78

Do you recall if you were sent YAM4 instructions with your YAM5? The YAM4 instructions call for a bead of blue RTV on the mating surface but my factory service manual doesn’t call for a sealant there. I attached a better pic of what I was provided since the last was blurry.

Attachments

Smitty78

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX195
Boat Length
Thanks for the guidance @Smitty78

Do you recall if you were sent YAM4 instructions with your YAM5? The YAM4 instructions call for a bead of blue RTV on the mating surface but my factory service manual doesn’t call for a sealant there. I attached a better pic of what I was provided since the last was blurry.
Yeah..., He gave me the same Yam4 instructions. The only difference is there’s one more bolt on the cone. You want to definitely seal it with the RTV sealant. Use a small thin bead that goes around the perimeter as per the instructions.

PastMaster32

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Sorry I didn't see this, but Smitty has it all correct... I went with the third longest cone, if I remember correctly...

PastMaster32

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
The holeshot is where it really shines... No matter if it's just me, or 6 people and all their crazy sh*t, my 195 hooks up and scoots like no other boat on the lake

Ozark

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
195S
Boat Length
The holeshot is where it really shines... No matter if it's just me, or 6 people and all their crazy sh*t, my 195 hooks up and scoots like no other boat on the lake

I installed the wet wolf and went with the 2nd shortest cone. My rpms actually increased on the top end from 7400ish to 7650ish. Gained a few mph on the top end as well. When I take off from a stop is seems to bounce off the rev limiter for a second or two now. Do you think this is what is happening or is it cavitation?

PastMaster32

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I installed the wet wolf and went with the 2nd shortest cone. My rpms actually increased on the top end from 7400ish to 7650ish. Gained a few mph on the top end as well. When I take off from a stop is seems to bounce off the rev limiter for a second or two now. Do you think this is what is happening or is it cavitation?
That's cavitation... But if you want the top end? That's good! Mine revs to 7650 without the cavitation, so that's the best of both worlds for me...

Shelluck

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX195
Boat Length
Hi guys
Pulling the trigger on fizzle y-1000 intercooler and blow off valve for my 2018 sx195
Anyone have a write up in the install?
Just want to make sure I have everything in order before taking apart.
Thanks!

Jboater82

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Just did this install on my 2014 sx192. U get everything u need in the box.

dnf736

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
195 mods, this seems to be the place to ask questions. I bought a 2021 195FSH Sport, top speed inst so much of a concern as getting to it is, I want our boat to launch without cavitating while bumping off the rev limiter. Spoke with a guy at Impros about what I wanted and he said twin impeller, technology taken from drag boats, almost like sequential turbos. Spendy little thing at $832. Here's a link. Has anyone tried one?
Twin Impeller

dnf736

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length

MNPAT

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Looking forward to seeing your results. 👍

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
195 mods, this seems to be the place to ask questions. I bought a 2021 195FSH Sport, top speed inst so much of a concern as getting to it is, I want our boat to launch without cavitating while bumping off the rev limiter. Spoke with a guy at Impros about what I wanted and he said twin impeller, technology taken from drag boats, almost like sequential turbos. Spendy little thing at $832. Here's a link. Has anyone tried one?
Twin Impeller
Would be interested to see what this does. If it does do what they claim it does and it can be verified there is going to be a run on em from members here real quick.

dnf736

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Its in, planning incremental changes so I know what works and what isnt worth messing with. No flashes or increased boost, just tuning the pump and some other low buck mods. Boat went 53 new but was sketchy AF at that speed, after gooning out and hitting a sand bar boat would only go 42. Stock impeller is bent, amazing how so little damage effects performance. Adding the twin impeller will lose MPH but supposedly get me to what ever my new top speed is much quicker & with out cavitation. Let you all know

Ozark

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
195S
Boat Length
Its in, planning incremental changes so I know what works and what isnt worth messing with. No flashes or increased boost, just tuning the pump and some other low buck mods. Boat went 53 new but was sketchy AF at that speed, after gooning out and hitting a sand bar boat would only go 42. Stock impeller is bent, amazing how so little damage effects performance. Adding the twin impeller will lose MPH but supposedly get me to what ever my new top speed is much quicker & with out cavitation. Let you all know
Any updates?