• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

SX 195 Performance Engine Mods

PastMaster32

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Just speculating here as I don't have one, I suppose the long bolt with 2 washers would be the same as the short bolt on the longest shuttle?
No... The length of the shuttle is only different on the outside... The inside depth is the same... I don't think you will see any big changes on a boat with the finer tuning aspects... You cannot detect it... That's more for the jet ski market...

jgourlie

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR192
Boat Length
No... The length of the shuttle is only different on the outside... The inside depth is the same... I don't think you will see any big changes on a boat with the finer tuning aspects... You cannot detect it... That's more for the jet ski market...
Makes sense,

I have an email into wet wolf to hopefully have him answer some questions that I have about my 192. Just waiting for a reply before I order it up.

Fingers crossed I like the answers

Dustanmont

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
195S
Boat Length
So, I got a little crazy and I’m completing the last mod to finish up the stage 3 build, that I doing to my SX195.

Here’s a list of the mods that I have completed so far...

*Jet boat Pilot Lateral Thruster
*Wet Wolf Yam-5 Adjust a Thrust
*Solas Concord YV-CD-13/18 Impeller
*K&N Cold Air Intake
*Fizzle Factory Y-1000 Intercooler
*HKS SQV4 Blow off valve
*RIVA Racing MaptunerX Stage 3 Tune
*Worx High Flow Water Strainer
*Engine-Tech 17 PSI Boost Wheel
*Riva Racing 1000cc Fuel Injectors
*PLX Monitor with Bosch Wideband O2
*R&D O2 Sensor Housing
*AMSOIL 10w40 Marine Synthetic Oil
*Resonator Delete w/Custom KCS Free Flow Exhaust

Jesus at Riva racing was able to build a custom tune and we got everything dialed in before the end of last season. Currently it will do 60 mph @ 8550 rpm with a full tank of fuel, 3 adults, and gear.

The only upgrade I’m completing right now is to remove the jet pump and switch to a SOLAS Concord YV-CD-14/21 impeller. I am currently running a SOLAS Concord YV-CD-13/18. After speaking with the guys at Impros, I decided it was a good idea because the boat is making, so much more power than stock motor, With the higher pitched impeller of 14/21, it will lower the rpms to about 8350 at WOT, but will increase the top speed to about 63 mph, with a normal load.

I’ll let everyone know how it goes, once I’m done....

Based upon what I’ve seen so far in regard to adding power to these boats; is that eventually your drag limited by the design of the hull!!
I'm looking at getting the Fizzle intercooler, Solas 13/18, high flow strainer, lucky 13 cone, air filter, 2⁰ wedge, and deleting the ribbon on my 2020 195S.
The main thing that was holding me back was what I thought was a lack of tuning options.
How exactly do you use the Riva Map X on the jet boat? Do you just upload an SVHO PWC tune?

Smitty78

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX195
Boat Length
Riva has tunes that you can download to Maptuner X that are for AR/SX 195. Based on the mods that you are looking at doing, a stage 1 or stage 2 tune will work well in the setup your looking to do.

Dustanmont

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
195S
Boat Length
Riva has tunes that you can download to Maptuner X that are for AR/SX 195. Based on the mods that you are looking at doing, a stage 1 or stage 2 tune will work well in the setup your looking to do.
I watched the Riva Map X Tuner Instructional Video. So, like the WaveRunners, something similar to the Bone Stock 8100, 8300, and 8600 RPMs would show up after scanning the ECU and those are designed specifically for our boats?

Smitty78

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX195
Boat Length
I watched the Riva Map X Tuner Instructional Video. So, like the WaveRunners, something similar to the Bone Stock 8100, 8300, and 8600 RPMs would show up after scanning the ECU and those are designed specifically for our boats?

Smitty78

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX195
Boat Length
Yeah, it’s similar to what’s in the video for the Waverunners. In the RIva tuning library there’s three different tunes that are available for the SX/AR 195’s. The corresponding tunes are based off FX SVHO tunes because the ECU‘s are very similar.

Dustanmont

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
195S
Boat Length
Yeah, it’s similar to what’s in the video for the Waverunners. In the RIva tuning library there’s three different tunes that are available for the SX/AR 195’s. The corresponding tunes are based off FX SVHO tunes because the ECU‘s are very similar.
Is the Worx high flow strainer the extent of your engine cooling mods (excluding intercooler)? I wonder at what point we should consider the Riva cooling kit.

Smitty78

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX195
Boat Length
The Worx strainer is more than enough to keep your engine running cool. Installing an aftermarket intercooler is one of the best performance mods because it helps to lower the temperature of the charge air that’s going into your engine. Even with using a stage one tune at 8100 RPMs the maximum boost the stock supercharger makes is about 13 psi at WOT. I’m running 19psi of boost @ 8500 without using the Riva Cooling kit and I don’t have any cooling issues.

Dustanmont

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
195S
Boat Length
The Worx strainer is more than enough to keep your engine running cool. Installing an aftermarket intercooler is one of the best performance mods because it helps to lower the temperature of the charge air that’s going into your engine. Even with using a stage one tune at 8100 RPMs the maximum boost the stock supercharger makes is about 13 psi at WOT. I’m running 19psi of boost @ 8500 without using the Riva Cooling kit and I don’t have any cooling issues.
At what point does the factory exhaust become an issue? Riva recommends exhaust for the waverunner STG2.
What exactly have you done to your exhaust?
I was looking at the water box and started to wonder if the Riva one would fit our application.

Smitty78

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX195
Boat Length
The only restrictive item on the exhaust is the resonator. The stock water box that Yamaha uses is a really good and it’s not restrictive. Your hull design is different than my 195, but it should be pretty similar. I bought an aluminum coupler and fabricated an exhaust that deletes the resonator.

Dustanmont

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
195S
Boat Length
The only restrictive item on the exhaust is the resonator. The stock water box that Yamaha uses is a really good and it’s not restrictive. Your hull design is different than my 195, but it should be pretty similar. I bought an aluminum coupler and fabricated an exhaust that deletes the resonator.
Did your resonator resemble part number 8?

Attachments

kgower

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
195S
Boat Length
@Smitty78 good mods, will definitely have to apply a couple of these when/if my 195S is delivered. I'm not a mechanic but I think I can do enough to get it solidly into the 50's. What is a lucky 13 and what does it do?

Dustanmont

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
195S
Boat Length
@Smitty78 good mods, will definitely have to apply a couple of these when/if my 195S is delivered. I'm not a mechanic but I think I can do enough to get it solidly into the 50's. What is a lucky 13 and what does it do?
My 195S is all stock besides a catch can.
I usually sit around 49 with our normal gear and my wife. If we have another couple our top speed will go down to 47-48. If I get about 250 lbs in the bow top speed goes down to 44.
50.6 is our top score so far with normal gear and just my wife and I. I reset it every outing. You can see I was running the fuel a bit low to prepare for storage.

Attachments

MOwater

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Hey Dustanmont, just curious where and how you mounted your catch can on your stock 195s? I’m not sure how much oil blow-by we are getting on these stock set-ups but it seems like a good precaution to take.

Dustanmont

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
195S
Boat Length
Hey Dustanmont, just curious where and how you mounted your catch can on your stock 195s? I’m not sure how much oil blow-by we are getting on these stock set-ups but it seems like a good precaution to take.
Not much at all. It's pretty simple though if you look at the factory hose. There's an inlet and an outlet.
I just drilled a hole and ran the mount bolts through the plastic wall.

Attachments

Ibeflyinhigh

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I cant get my map tuner x to connect and read my 2021 ar190.

Dustanmont

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
195S
Boat Length
I cant get my map tuner x to connect and read my 2021 ar190.
You can get in contact with Riva, but SVHO tunes from the 192/195 would not be compatible with the NA boats.

Dustanmont

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
195S
Boat Length
Yes, it is. I put an aluminum coupler in its place and removed it.
[/20210425_193613.jpg20210425_193627.jpgQUOTE]
I was finally able to look into this after hunting down some audio gremlins.
The part itself doesn't seem restrictive as it's a straight through design. Was yours different?