• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Tackle storage on 222 FSH

Mid life crisis

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Has anyone figured out tackle box storage for the 222 FSH? I noticed it was on the 19 and 25 footer but nothing on the 22.

FSH 210 Sport

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Has anyone figured out tackle box storage for the 222 FSH? I noticed it was on the 19 and 25 footer but nothing on the 22.
I don’t have a 222 FSH …I have the 210 and there was no dedicated tackle storage on my boat. I’ve tossed around a few ideas, building a set of shelves into the starboard storage pod that would hold Plano 3600 trays, getting a custom helm seat made with a built in tackle center, but I think I will just stay with my two tackle bags that hold four Plano trays each. I like having the ability to take the bags out for when I have guests and the two storage pods provide plenty of transient storage when my tackle bags and down riggers and skeg are removed. Getting a custom helm seat / tackle center made takes away the space for my ice chest and or my extra 22 gallon fuel tank.

Mid life crisis

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
I don’t have a 222 FSH …I have the 210 and there was no dedicated tackle storage on my boat. I’ve tossed around a few ideas, building a set of shelves into the starboard storage pod that would hold Plano 3600 trays, getting a custom helm seat made with a built in tackle center, but I think I will just stay with my two tackle bags that hold four Plano trays each. I like having the ability to take the bags out for when I have guests and the two storage pods provide plenty of transient storage when my tackle bags and down riggers and skeg are removed. Getting a custom helm seat / tackle center made takes away the space for my ice chest and or my extra 22 gallon fuel tank.
I'm wondering if one of the other size boats tackle storage could be retro-fitted into the 222. My son is in the process of switching over to all 3700 see boxes so i'd have to take that into account. Not sure those boxes would even fit the door opening on the storage compartments.

FSH 210 Sport

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I'm wondering if one of the other size boats tackle storage could be retro-fitted into the 222. My son is in the process of switching over to all 3700 see boxes so i'd have to take that into account. Not sure those boxes would even fit the door opening on the storage compartments.
You can buy pre fabbed tackle tray storage boxes that can be installed into a boat… the 3600’s are 10” wide and the 3700’s are 14” wide… I see Plano makes four tray portable bags for their different tackle trays, that could be an option for you that doesn’t lock up storage capacity. Of the two bags I have, one is the primary and has the most used tackle in it, the second has walleye specific rigs in it as well as some other less used tackle and that bag usually lives in the head compartment.