• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Take a break to check your brakes!

Seadeals

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I spend a lot of time inspecting and keeping up on maintenance to prevent surprises; but I just got surprised so I want to share. It could have turned out very bad; but I was lucky and got off easy.

Last weekend was warm so I decided to pull the boat out and blow out the garage. As I started to roll forward, I heard grinding (a little more than dragging pads). I stopped half way out and found the caliper had completely come free from the mount and was dragging the inside of the rim. Both hex bolts (in the rubber protectors) had completely backed out! Our last trip back had been from TN through the I40 mountain pass! Pop the rubber caps and check that torque every year or so. Mine got put back in with a healthy dose of locktite.
D72B84C1-18C7-4D36-B6DF-43D4869D3699.jpeg8F67613B-EA9C-442A-B7A7-517AD68D089B.jpegF95AEF84-B643-4BB0-8E72-CE8ACB10854A.jpeg

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Unfortunately, I have been there and done that. That is, one of my calipers detached from the axle on the freeway a few years ago. I Went from a smooth ride to one with a lot of vibration instantly and resulted in me pulling over and having the boat towed home on a flat bed trailer. If I would have taken five minutes to check, tighten and add some loc tight, I could have avoided the expense, stress and time suck that came out of this.

Attachments

BlkGS

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Nice Daytona jack ;)

FSH 210 Sport

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
These posts here are confirming my plan to pull the wheels/hubs over the winter break to check everything out. I’m planning on some extensive trailering to new boating locations this summer so need to make sure that running gear is in top notch shape.

BlkGS

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
These posts here are confirming my plan to pull the wheels/hubs over the winter break to check everything out. I’m planning on some extensive trailering to new boating locations this summer so need to make sure that running gear is in top notch shape.
Check your axles too. When I replaced mine they were so rusted the whole hub could be snapped off with a light kick.