• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Texas/Oklahoma area Gathering this summer at Broken Bow July 25th weekend

maboat

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@Christy I've been to that marina, but I don't know anything about their overnight slip rentals. Funny thing, is I thought @PEARCE knew the most about this lake. @PEARCE , don't you go there several times a year? I've only been there twice in 10 years (but I like it a lot)

Christy

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Tige
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Ah, okay! I sent an email to them to inquire about the width of their slips and availability of power in them. I'll let you all know what I find out.

PEARCE

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
@maboat we go once or twice a year and only for the day. My mom lives between Paris and Hugo and is about an hour from the lake. When we have stayed the night I am more comfortable putting it back on the trailer then leaving it in a slip. I was a rookie the last time I looked at the rental slips and wasn't comfortable trying to put my new boat in a ratty looking slip. I am familiar with the lake and I don't usually need to use my Navionics app to get around. We liked to go to one certain cove and spend the day floating. There are houseboat bouys scattered throughout the lake and we usually tie up to one of those. I'm thinking for our gathering we'd probably just take over a cove. The past couple of years we have gone the weekend after the Forth of July and there's been a large group of old school jetboats and they've had the same cove to themselves each year.

jawsf16

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
We are about 97% sure we can attend. Plan on one of the cabins, think it is near @Christy @Detonate @maboat cabin location. We will bring the chicks in tow (8 and 10 yr old girls). I will post our location once we are solid on plans. I am having @justason send me 25 red and 25 blue Koozies to pass along to y'all. He or I will be fronting the bill so if you want some and can wait, then wait. If not, then order from him on the other thread.

Excited about checking out this lake, I hear it is gorgeous!

PEARCE

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Awesome! Can't wait. :winkingthumbsup":)

maboat

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

justason

Jetboaters Admiral
SWAG Forum Lead
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Hi @Christy
I have not heard from @Detonate I'm chasing the folks that spoke an interest in the original start. I sent about 60 off to @jawsf16 this morning for a TX distribution hub.

not sure where ya'lls are at/near each other, I'll be glad to clear a few more off my desk!!

Detonate

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Tige
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
We didn't order anything...

I'm sure we can just get some at the meet-up...

maboat

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

flyin_dutchman

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Ah, okay! I sent an email to them to inquire about the width of their slips and availability of power in them. I'll let you all know what I find out.
Hey all! I'll be looking to make this gathering too! It might be last minute scheduling, so I'll prob just grab something that's open nearby..
I hope it works out; I'll be at Altus in school during that time but will have my boat with me.

justason

Jetboaters Admiral
SWAG Forum Lead
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length

Christy

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Tige
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Here's the response I just received from Beavers Bend Marina about their slip rentals.

Slips are first come first serve. They are $25 a night. Some electric, not for AC , etc. Most are 9x20. Just come to the store when you arrive and we will help you.

jawsf16

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
@Cory, here's the link to the post I did with a lot of different cabin options.

Updated list of attendees (as of 4/2/2014):
  1. detonate & Christy (Jim and Christy) - 2005 AR230 - sharing cabin with maboat
  2. maboat (Mark and Liz) - 2006 AR230 - sharing cabin with Detonate and Christy
  3. Bruce (Bruce, wife and 2 kids) - 2007 SX230 - lodging tbd
  4. PEARCE (and family) - 2006 SX230 - Beavers Bend State Park
  5. farrelltravis - (Travis and Amanda) - 2009 SX230 - Beavers Bend State Park - Cabin 6
  6. Corey (and wife) - 2011 242 Limited - lodging tbd
7. jawsf16 (Bryan, Melanie, and 2 kids 8/10 yrs old) - 2010 AR240 - Lone Star Cabin

PEARCE

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Glad y'all are going to be able to make it Bryan. I'm going to tell our kids and Jill now. I know they're all going to be excited! We are in cabin #2 in the State park which is close to Travis's cabin.

Christy

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Tige
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Awesome!! Here's the updated list and map.

1. detonate & Christy (Jim, Christy and DD 9) - 2005 AR230 - sharing cabin with maboat
  2. maboat (Mark and Liz) - 2006 AR230 - sharing cabin with Detonate and Christy
  3. Bruce (Bruce, wife, DD 7 and DS 5) - 2007 SX230 - lodging tbd
  4. PEARCE (Pearce, wife, DD 10 and DS 6) - 2006 SX230 - Beavers Bend State Park - Cabin 2
  5. farrelltravis - (Travis and Amanda) - 2009 SX230 - Beavers Bend State Park - Cabin 6
  6. Corey (and wife) - 2011 242 Limited - lodging tbd
  7. jawsf16 (Bryan, Melanie, and 2 kids 8/10 yrs old) - 2010 AR240 - Lone Star Cabin

jawsf16

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I just received a big Koozie order - several in red and several blue. Let me know if you want them. I plan on bringing them to the gathering and to Texoma anytime we are out there.

PEARCE

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I'll take at least one of each and be glad to pay you for them. We've got plans to be at Texoma for the first time of the season Memorial Day weekend.

jawsf16

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Sounds good Pearce. I think we will be there that weekend. Payment will just be to cover cost - I will post details once I get them.

maboat

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
We've got plans to be at Texoma for the first time of the season Memorial Day weekend.
Be careful! Lots of people with slips on Texoma are pulling their boats OUT...
image.jpg