• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Texas/Oklahoma area Gathering this summer at Broken Bow July 25th weekend

PEARCE

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I've got a friend with a cruiser docked at Highport that has close to 20 feet of water under the keel in his slip. He and I scouted the lake early in the spring when it was close to 10 feet down in his little Whaler. We marked the various hazards on our GPS and took many pictures. He and I are very familiar with the areas of the lake that we frequent so the only thing that we have to be worried about is the other boaters. We concluded that we'll just stay in deep water and away from the islands. The islands are HUGE right now though!

jawsf16

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Just put my boat in storage near highport this weekend. The owner said hooper is normal ops, but mill creek is closed. My cousin move his cruiser from highport to grand pappy. He was close to the shore on his dock and it is starting to get skinny...

Big islands are good for the kids beaches, but I don't like hazards underwater!

PEARCE

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
@jawsf16 I saw on the news last night that Texoma is only 4 feet down so I think we'll be good for Memorial Day weekend. Had you booked a room for that weekend yet? If so, where?

jawsf16

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Either holiday inn or comfort. I don't recall which one. I Am on a trip now and can't check it. Four low will be perfect for beaches and boating.

maboat

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@jawsf16 I saw on the news last night that Texoma is only 4 feet down so I think we'll be good for Memorial Day weekend. Had you booked a room for that weekend yet? If so, where?
I believe what you heard is its 4 feet lower than it was this same time last year. This is today's report...
texoma.jpg

jawsf16

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
@PEARCE Holiday Inn Express for us on Memorial Day!

maboat

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
BUMP!

Its about 1 month away so I wanted to fire up the conversation again. Mel @txav8r you have a new boat now, are you in? What about @DCB-270 Dan and Veronica? We would really like to see you guys this year. Would be nice to add a few more. I think there are others that were interested, but waiting until the date got closer. Time to chime in!
Dates: weekend of July 25th

Attendees: (as of April 14, 2014)
  1. detonate & Christy (Jim, Christy and DD 9) - 2005 AR230 - sharing cabin with maboat
  2. maboat (Mark and Liz) - 2006 AR230 - sharing cabin with Detonate and Christy
  3. Bruce (Bruce, wife, DD 7 and DS 5) - 2007 SX230 - lodging tbd
  4. PEARCE (Pearce, wife, DD 10 and DS 6) - 2006 SX230 - Beavers Bend State Park
  5. farrelltravis - (Travis and Amanda) - 2009 SX230 - Beavers Bend State Park - Cabin 6
  6. Corey (and wife) - 2011 242 Limited - lodging tbd
  7. jawsf16 (Bryan, Melanie, and 2 kids 8/10 yrs old) - 2010 AR240 - Lone Star Cabin

Christy

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Tige
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I was just thinking about how this is coming up soon. I'm glad you bumped the post up...hopefully we can get a few more attendees! :happy:

*edited to fix a grammar error*

maboat

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Lake level looking good! :thumbsup:
BrokenBow.jpg

farrelltravis

Jetboaters Captain
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Still looking forward to this! Never been, so hope all goes well.

txav8r

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
Admittedly, I have been having a hard time getting up for this. It is the unknown I guess in terms of where all the lodging is, where everyone is staying, and distance from the cabin to the marina and ramp. I am sure it is just the unknown part that has me baffled, but any light anyone can shine on the area would be appreciated! ?Also, I am not off on Sunday, so I have to get back home and leave for the airport by 2:30pm. So my motivation is low...I need a boost!

maboat

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Maybe this teaser will help...

farrelltravis

Jetboaters Captain
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Boost - How about showing off the new SX240???? Seeing old friends? Maybe making new ones too?

Realistically, though, I understand. I am always hesitant on new lakes. I have no idea as to all of the where's like you mentioned Mel. I just hadn't seen everyone in a while, so I am jumping in head first. Will get to experience a new lake for me out of the deal too.

If you could swing the day for Friday, we will be off that Friday and try to get there around noon on Friday and spend the afternoon on the lake.

txav8r

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
I get that the lake is beautiful...I just need more info on the layout of where everyone is, where to stay, what the agenda is, where to launch, slips/no slips, getting ice each day, etc. Help me Obewan Kenobee, your my only hope!

txav8r

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
Thanks Travis @farrelltravis , Clara will be working Friday of course and no telling what time she will wrap it up, depends on admits, deaths, recerts, and her day. So we won't get out of here until after 5 for sure. Not sure how far the drive is yet, I didn't put much hope of coming into it with the crunch on Friday and on Sunday. But with a little luck, and some help, we will be in Friday night probably late, and leaving Sunday morning.

Christy

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Tige
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Here's a map I made of where everyone is staying (that I know of). It also shows Beaver's Bend Marina where we'll launch from....there's also a ramp in the state park if you stay there.

https://mapsengine.google.com/map/u/0/edit?mid=zsmxhkaFzDzk.kV4FG9HD-mOw

I can start working on an "agenda", but really I'm not sure there will be much more than get on lake, hang out and return to cabins. Maybe could also schedule a gathering in the evening at someone's cabin.

BravoMike

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Wish I could attend. Never been to this lake and it is on my list. I am scheduled to work the entire weekend. The wife is out of town again, so I would be solo. Unless I can somehow get off all three days, guess I will have to wait until next year.

Christy

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Tige
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
@Cory & @Bruce, have either of you figured out your lodging yet? If so, let me know and I'll update the list and also the map of where everyone is staying.