• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Texas/Oklahoma area Gathering this summer at Broken Bow July 25th weekend

txav8r

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
Mel, that all sounded good - right up to the word "little". If you will bring "lots" that would be better! lol
My minimum batch for you guys was 12 avocados! I might have to enlist some help cutting up everything!

farrelltravis

Jetboaters Captain
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I wouldn't mind helping chopping things up at all!

Cory

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
@Cory & @Bruce, have either of you figured out your lodging yet? If so, let me know and I'll update the list and also the map of where everyone is staying.
no - haven't had a chance to look yet, June is my busy season.

Bruce

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Do we have any kind of schedule in mind? What about a group meal?

txav8r

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
Just waiting in you to sign up with your accommodations bro... @Bruce ! I am bring guacamole...your bringing shrimp, right? ;)

txav8r

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
I am in for a Saturday evening group get together.

farrelltravis

Jetboaters Captain
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Saturday night would work for us as well.

I am totally new to this lake. @PEARCE or anyone else - do you know of a good place on the water to meet everyone at?

Bruce

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Just waiting in you to sign up with your accommodations bro... @Bruce ! I am bring guacamole...your bringing shrimp, right? ;)
We will be there. Have not decided where to stay yet.

maboat

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Saturday night would work for us as well.

I am totally new to this lake. @PEARCE or anyone else - do you know of a good place on the water to meet everyone at?
Here is my suggestion for place to meet-up/gather on the lake...
JB-Gathering.jpg

txav8r

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
Just looking at maps and water, I like that large island to the north of the marina, with the cove on the north side. Prevailing winds in this part of the country will be out of the south. Protection and calm water sounds good to me.

PEARCE

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Those spots would probably work for our gathering on the water. We usually head north when heading out of the marina and find our cove on the west side and a little off the map you posted there Mark. I figured I'd do some scouting Friday afternoon to find a good spot. You up for that @farrelltravis? There is a cove up the same direction as the one that we like to go to that I've seen the old school jetboaters gather in. I'm up for a Saturday night social. I guess we just need to decide who's cabin it's gonna be at.

PEARCE

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
The islands on this lake are not what you expect @txav8r. They are usually straight up and covered in trees. You can be a boat length away from shore and still have nearly 50' of water under your hull. We'd be better off in a cove and just take it over. There are lots of those to pick from.

txav8r

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
@PEARCE , there IS a cove on the north side if the island I described. Totally protected, and we could take it over!

farrelltravis

Jetboaters Captain
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Mark. I figured I'd do some scouting Friday afternoon to find a good spot. You up for that @farrelltravis?
I am totally up for that! I was wanting to drive around the lake to check it out since I have never been on this lake. Sounds great to me!

maboat

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
My recollection is that most of Broken Bow's shoreline is steep and rocky. No real beaches per se. The reason I chose the spots I marked is because I've anchored there before and I know those areas are shallow coves with smooth bottoms that allows groups of people to stand in the water with boats anchored. @txav8r that island cove you noted looks very interesting, but I'm not sure about the condition of the shoreline. Its definitely worth a scouting trip.

Here's the thing: If we wait til Friday to pick a spot, then we won't have a good way to make sure every knows where the spot will be on Saturday.

I intend to be on the water Friday and probably be on the water until after sunset. I think its prudent to plan in advance (before Friday) for a known location for the group meeting on Saturday.

jawsf16

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
If there is cell coverage, we can just post it on here...

maboat

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

jawsf16

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
That was my concern - I figure there might be some cell coverage, but not every company. I say we pick a placed down on the south ish end and if we move then no big deal.