• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

These Kenwood Amps are a fantastic value..

VONCE

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
My open box came. The amp looks very used. But the worst part: it's not even the right amp. They sent me an M1804. It's a little fella. Hopefully they can get me squared away with the right stuff.

blacksapphirez

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX195
Boat Length
Does the box look bad or the amp? The description said that open box units would be in like new condition. If the amp looks bad I would call customer service and demand a new one. I did. I had to send it back and order another because the customer service guy said the system would not let him ship.
wonder if i can take it back to the store instead... maybe they'll give me a new one.

Bruce

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length

veedubtek

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scout
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
What kinda fuses are in these? Gotta try a couple at that price. Didn't wanna go crazy this time anyway, so these may work well.

Bruce

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
What kinda fuses are in these? Gotta try a couple at that price. Didn't wanna go crazy this time anyway, so these may work well.
The amp has a single 30 amp fuse which is reasonable for the rated wattage. The manual documents the amplifier with 22 amps consumption.

veedubtek

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scout
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Thanks @Bruce. 8 awg is more than enough then.

blacksapphirez

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX195
Boat Length
Hooked up mine today. Definitely cleaner sound but not too strong. Amp was smaller than I anticipated. It'll work for what I need.

swatski

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Hooked up mine today. Definitely cleaner sound but not too strong. Amp was smaller than I anticipated. It'll work for what I need.
We should try to compare side-by-side with the Clarion's micro, the XC1410, I would be curious. With two of those pushing 10 DBs, I do not have any desire for more sound/volume.

--

Bruce

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
@swatski do you have a true RMS amp clamp?

I was thinking about measuring the amperage to get a comparison between my Fusion head unit and the amplifier.

I am guessing that many of these amplifiers use the same circuitry internally.

swatski

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@swatski do you have a true RMS amp clamp?

I was thinking about measuring the amperage to get a comparison between my Fusion head unit and the amplifier.

I am guessing that many of these amplifiers use the same circuitry internally.
No, @Bruce, I don't have that. I'm not very sophisticated, as you know, I struggle to use a multimeter, lol. But I can look for it if it is something easy.

--

Bruce

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
No, @Bruce, I don't have that. I'm not very sophisticated, as you know, I struggle to use a multimeter, lol. But I can look for it if it is something easy.

--
Let's see what kind of numbers I get. If it looks meaningful I can send you mine or a link to a cheap one.

swatski

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

blacksapphirez

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX195
Boat Length
I bought a 25 ft 0 gauge and was bit long so remaining wire had to sit in the fuel compartment out of the way. 1 noodle i was able to get both wires in, then nope had to separate

blacksapphirez

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX195
Boat Length
I only got 4 speakers so 1 amp was sufficient.

Not sure how the 242 limited S with 6+ speakers are setup but I only saw 4 RCA output (front L/R, Rear L/R) from the headunit. if you were to add additional amp for 6+ speakers, you may have to split the RCA output

Jgorm

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Never but Best buy open box "deals". I'm pretty sure they take a customer return for any reason and sell it add a open box with no testing or evaluation.

blacksapphirez

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX195
Boat Length
Never but Best buy open box "deals". I'm pretty sure they take a customer return for any reason and sell it add a open box with no testing or evaluation.
seems like it. lol

SeanPC

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I bought 2 of these amps to give the 6 stock speakers some extra power. I'm left with 2 channels not assigned to anything, any ideas? I'm not a fan of the tower tweeters so will leave those as is or disconnect.