• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Thoughts and demo rides of wake / towsports boats: Moomba Max, Axis A22, MB Sports

OrangeTJ

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I like the skim style surfboards like Phase5 Diamond. They are fast and responsive. Once you get the heel to toe edging down surfing becomes so much more enjoyable.
Skim boards are awesome too! SOOOOO fun. One of my friends has a Hyperlite Hi-Fi skim and it is a blast to ride. Not as fast down the line as our surf style boards but crazy responsive. When edging it locks into the wave nicely but get it flat to the water and it is oh so slippery! Huge fun. Definitely not for beginners! Also, when we fall it always seems to attack us - like "that's what you get for sucking so bad!" LOL.

J-RAD

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I need to get out and try some of these Slingshot boards I'm dealing... I spare the sales pitches until I know a little more what I'm talking about. But the 2 boards that have me most interested are the Coaster and the Cobra Cat. The coaster is a bit of a hybrid skim board with a exaggerated rocker, so less chances of pearling it. The 5'3" version is pretty big... Check out the guy stepping out in the nose in the video here though...
I think a lot of jetboat guys are going have a lot of success with it. Whether or not it's a the "sports luxury car" @Mainah was contemplating, I'm not sure of just yet... maybe the 5'0" Coasters XR?

The Cobra Cat on the other hand comes in a nice and big 5'0" and is supposed to be a impressive surf style carver. I'll have a good time testing anyway... we'll see what I decide I want to keep.

Last edited:

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Saw this massive MasterCraft on the way home yesterday sitting on triple axle trailer. It’s so large it made the freakin flatbed tow rig look small lol. Couldn’t get in front to tell if it was picklefork X26 or traditional bow XT25 but either way....DAYUM!

F71ECA49-C97F-49C8-9155-B242427E9777.jpeg2D5636F0-3D7C-4FD0-883E-92D4BA63E842.jpeg

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
At the dealer yet again lol. Dealer is hosting a 4 hour seminar for their new wake boat owners which will cover maintenance and going over the surf system to dial in the wake and wave. BBQ lunch provided as well and good way to meet new folks on the water! Gotta love the lengths these folks go to for their customers!

They start production on my boat on Wednesday so we are getting real close!!

6F6CEEEC-1756-41E1-8727-50FBE6013260.jpeg

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
That's awesome! Have fun!
It was a great time! It was their first time trying this seminar and it went great. They broke it down into small sessions. Maintenance and care was the first session, then branched out to brand-specific groups so we could focus on our boats. Ate some good BBQ lunch and then wrapped it up with the surf tech session they called Wine n Waves lol where wine was served from mellow to wild as we talked about making a mellow wave vs a wild wave. Also had a raffle giving away apparel and Boat Babes cleaning kits but of course I didn’t win anything :)

It was a pretty fun way to learn about your new boat! My Yamaha dealer by comparison was “here’s your boat, here’s our number and uh see you later” lol. My new dealer has been so amazing and willing to do everything to make you feel like family. Got to meet some folks and we all talked about or buying processes, boats, lake stories etc. Just a good time to be had and glad my dealer is willing to spend the money and time to put in events like this. They are doing lunch rides at different lakes through the year so I’ll be going to those and surfing on different boats they bring.

Didn’t take a bunch of pics as I didn’t want to be that guy lol but I did sneak in a few. Wished I could have recorded the surf session because I learned a lot about what the water is actually doing under and behind the boat and have a good understanding now how to shape a wave. Of course it will take me some time to dial it in but at least I have a better understanding what’s actually happening and what to look for. Can’t wait to try it out on the new Max :D. Had to go see the old boat while I was there too. She looked sad and dirty :(

63D443DC-491A-47A8-896A-3488774B0BD8.jpeg

5D5F9CCC-6E5C-4B85-97C3-060AEF6F39E4.jpeg

06E476DD-65D4-426C-9FB1-E1B3D0785A8A.jpeg

Last edited:

Mainah

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
It was a great time! It was their first time trying this seminar and it went great. They broke it down into small sessions. Maintenance and care was the first session, then branched out to brand-specific groups so we could focus on our boats. Ate some good BBQ lunch and then wrapped it up with the surf tech session they called Wine n Waves lol where wine was served from mellow to wild as we talked about making a mellow wave vs a wild wave. Also had a raffle giving away apparel and Boat Babes cleaning kits but of course I didn’t win anything :)

It was a pretty fun way to learn about your new boat! My Yamaha dealer by comparison was “here’s your boat, here’s our number and uh see you later” lol. My new dealer has been so amazing and willing to do everything to make you feel like family. Got to meet some folks and we all talked about or buying processes, boats, lake stories etc. Just a good time to be had and glad my dealer is willing to spend the money and time to put in events like this. They are doing lunch rides at different lakes through the year so I’ll be going to those and surfing on different boats they bring.

Didn’t take a bunch of pics as I didn’t want to be that guy lol but I did sneak in a few. Wished I could have recorded the surf session because I learned a lot about what the water is actually doing under and behind the boat and have a good understanding now how to shape a wave. Can’t wait to try it out on the new Max :D. Had to go see the old boat while I was there too. She looked sad and dirty :(

View attachment 92262

View attachment 92263

View attachment 92261
Wow. That is one heck of a dealer. Of course I get it ups the word of mouth marketing and repeat business but that is some seriously thoughtful stuff in tackling the knowledge task while building community. Wine and waves is really cool. Can’t wait to see your wave and thanks for sharing.

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Got news from my dealer that they started spraying today instead of tomorrow!! So freaking pumped that we are now in line on the production floor!!!

Also ran across this pic of a Max. Helps put the size into perspective!

image.jpeg

OrangeTJ

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
It’s a beast for sure! Side note, I’ve always wonder why they call it “spraying”. It’s not like these things are sprayed out of a hose.

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Spraying means when they start spraying the gelcoat in the mold which is the first step ;)

Pic from an old video of the Skiers Choice factory
745C4906-29B8-47EF-935D-C0452B49624E.png

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
O h m y G o d I got a handful of pics from Skiers Choice of my boat being built. They told me not to share them on social media but let me just say the colors and boat look freaking amazing!!! Can’t wait to show you guys soon!!

MattFX4

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Looking good. Love the flake! Crazy how
It used to be so popular on bass boats back in the 80’s/90’s and now has made a comeback. Personally I think the blue flake is the best looking compared to other colors with it.

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Looking good. Love the flake! Crazy how
It used to be so popular on bass boats back in the 80’s/90’s and now has made a comeback. Personally I think the blue flake is the best looking compared to other colors with it.
Thanks and I agree I think blue looks great and really pops against the white. I think it’s going to look killer on the water, even on the dark Coosa river we often visit. Monday will be a long day of driving to the factory and back in one day but it will be so worth it!!

Continued to prep the truck and bought some new tires as my Nexxen’s were at the wear bar indicators. Reviews seem pretty good for these Toyo Proxes S/T’s. They drive smooth and are very quiet. Hopefully have great wet weather traction to help at slimy boat ramps. I like the tread pattern as they remind me a lot of the Nitto 420S’s I had a long time ago.

5711EAE7-C96B-4332-BB76-185824FC7D09.jpeg

BAAC5834-F283-4C30-BB47-D5901DB818F4.jpeg

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Well we have made it up to the foothills of the Smokey mountains in Maryville, TN. Grabbing a quick bite to eat and then off to do the Skiers Choice plant tour!

078B393E-309E-4F07-8801-D9CB5205D64F.jpeg07DFF0FC-2C5E-42A0-8F44-57708189FD93.jpeg

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Just got back from my Skiers Choice factory tour in Maryville, TN. Simply blown away at how everything was literally handmade. The only thing that wasn't is a CNC cutter for the fabric templates. Everything else is crafted by hand, reviewed, signed off at each stage with no exceptions spared. Truly top notch quality!!!! Super clean facility that runs lean manufacturing exceptionally well. Everyone was so nice to us, even when we showed up an hour early because we forgot the timezone changed lol. They gave us the tour on their lunch time and worked us in no problem.

For anyone wondering, the Moomba boats are truly built exactly like the higher end Supra boats. They come down the same line and you can't tell a Supra from a Moomba unless you know what to look for in the shape of the molds. The only difference of the Supra to a Moomba is at the last final stages where components are installed. The thickness of the hull compared to my Yamaha is laughable along with all of the care taken into such a handmade product. They build about 1,600 boats a year and each one goes through so much signing off and inspection it was amazing to see and makes me feel real good about my Moomba Max purchase.

My boat was near the end of the line awaiting the final touches. It looks absolutely sick outside and inside! So glad the color scheme came out like I had hoped. It looks very clean and not gaudy with a ton of wild graphics or colors on the inside. Couldn't take any pictures but they have about 2-3 days left on it and then it will be ready to be transported to Skiers Marine dealership. We will have to fill this bad boy up with peeps and maximize the fun factor with a crazy big surf wave! Summer can't get here fast enough!!

Also got to see some new 2020 stuff but was sworn of course to not mention anything lol. These guys were freaking awesome and I'm so glad I made the drive there and back today. Can't wait to show you guys the new boat and take some of you out on it if you're ever out my way or on the waters we roam. You local Yamaha guys I boat with on here know you are welcome for a ride and some will be tasked to drive me lol.

Last edited:

Mainah

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Thanks and I agree I think blue looks great and really pops against the white. I think it’s going to look killer on the water, even on the dark Coosa river we often visit. Monday will be a long day of driving to the factory and back in one day but it will be so worth it!!

Continued to prep the truck and bought some new tires as my Nexxen’s were at the wear bar indicators. Reviews seem pretty good for these Toyo Proxes S/T’s. They drive smooth and are very quiet. Hopefully have great wet weather traction to help at slimy boat ramps. I like the tread pattern as they remind me a lot of the Nitto 420S’s I had a long time ago.

View attachment 92734

View attachment 92733
I am liking my how my proxies perform so far. I get compliments on how the tread pattern looks.

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I am liking my how my proxies perform so far. I get compliments on how the tread pattern looks.
I did 550+ miles on them today and they were great! Even helped me avoid a stupid deer trying to mount my truck at 80 mph lol. Super quiet, smooth and great looks. Hopefully good lifespan from them for being a high perf truck tire.

Brad460

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I see Haknslash also has a 26 pager going on in the Moomba forum...lol...How do you keep track?!

That’s a great forum too...just noticed I am almost 10 years on that site since my first Moomba..

Yamaha here I come!

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I see Haknslash also has a 26 pager going on in the Moomba forum...lol...How do you keep track?!

That’s a great forum too...just noticed I am almost 10 years on that site since my first Moomba..

Yamaha here I come!
I'm a bit everywhere :D

The Moomba forum has a lot of great info, I just wished it were a bit more updated. I don't like how some of the sub forums have different view settings than other sub forums. Some only show what was posted for the current day and others unlimited time. I think if there were no timed settings people would post more on there. Stuff seems like it disappears unless you search for it or change the time/day settings. Other than that the community seems pretty good and there's a ton of info on there you just have to search harder for it than you need/should have to. Thankfully the Moomba/Supra Owners FB page is super active and there's good info to find there. It's just not as user friendly as a forum but between the two it all works out for a good resource in these boats.

What's your username on the Moomba forum?