• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Thoughts and demo rides of wake / towsports boats: Moomba Max, Axis A22, MB Sports

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Tomorrow my new dealer is having their open house event and I’ll be attending. Kind of a bittersweet moment sitting in the garage right now as I get the boat stripped down for the trade-in tomorrow :(. I’m taking my freshly installed LEDs with me for the Max :). She’s all cleaned up even with a full tank of gas+Stabil for the next owner. This will be the last night this boat will sleep in the garage and it will be missed I’m sure. A lot of great memories and meeting people on here at the lakes.

Attachments

seanmclean

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Shoot, I'd be siphoning the gas out into jugs - lol.

OrangeTJ

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I had the same feeling 3 years ago! Can’t wait to see the pics of your Max when it comes in. Going to be suhhhweeeeet!

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Got the owners packet all put together and I left some JB.net cards in there. Hopefully the new owner will check out the site. I left my window stickers on too.

08F67056-081A-4AF2-8F17-66693DD89346.jpeg
64A1CEA7-0C31-4FEB-AEF1-470FA1EA438B.jpeg58522B74-F25A-4BE9-A25D-3CDE62AC09E1.jpeg

ripler

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
MasterCraft
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Woohoo one week closer but who's counting?! :D

View attachment 89450
I hate you, lol. I was really counting on a new boat this year and was very close to pulling the trigger late last year on a Tige, we bought a townhome at our favorite ski resort instead.

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I’m in the attic getting the box with the stock intercooler inside it and I spotted a brand new box for a 10” sub. I remember buying this downfiring truck box when I first got my F150 7 years ago but I ended up going with a ported Fox box instead for the truck. I thought I had sold this box I never used long ago but turns out it was just stuffed in a corner of the attic! I think I will be able to use this box for the Max. I built my boat with the top audio package which includes the WetSounds free air sub which they mount by the drivers foot rest area. I’ve seen another Max owner use a truck box on the backside of his sub and he said it sounded great and had nice bass. I’ll need to make a simple ring spacer to help fill in the gap or I could cut off the leg portion of the box so that I can flush mount it against the back of the sub. Heck yea free sub box...kinda :D !!!

I have no idea if it will fit or not and it’s only .8 cu ft of volume and the sub if used in a sealed box calls for 1.3 cu ft. Worth a shot to see if it will fit or even sound decent/better than just free air. If it doesn’t fit I’ll just sell the thing as it was just sitting in the attic and I have no other use for it.

A2E1483A-9151-4562-950A-4DA83B5CA73E.jpegEB2FE872-6B31-4E1D-B628-F1185C679A5E.jpeg

Last edited:

SCP1

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
What is the length of the Max on the trailer, with the tongue folded and the height on the trailer with the tower folded down?

Last edited:

DavisAR195

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
MasterCraft
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
@haknslash when you do pull the trigger on you Wakemakers purchase remember the 10% discount code yamaha1314.

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
What is the length of the Max on the trailer, with the tongue folded and the height on the trailer with the tower folded down?
I'm not sure on the 19's since they use the A3 tower which is taller than last years A2 tower. I can measure a Max while I'm at the dealer today for you. I want to say the length with trailer tongue folded will be 25' or more. The swim platform can be removed as well for a little more room but with surf tabs stick out so you would only get maybe a foot or so saved. The trailer length is 26'8" so I'd say with tongue folded it goes to 25'8" or something like that. I'll measure for you today if you want. If I had to guess with tower folded the height would be 9-10' or so.

I'll be storing my boat in my parents backyard which they only like 5 minutes from me. I'm going to buy a cheap 12' tall X 20' wide X 30' long canopy to hold me over for this season and then I'll probably get one of those metal Carolina Carports like my parents did for their travel trailer. I'll need to get some gravel brought in and graded like they did as well so I don't destroy the yard or get the boat stuck lol.

Last edited:

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I've seen @swatski ask a few others about Mastercraft NXT series so I figured I'd snap some pics for him and anyone else wanting to see what the NXT22 looks like. It's pretty bare bones compared to the remaining Mastercraft lineup or even compared to competition like Moomba. One thing I definitely noticed that I didn't like was the rear swept tower. I'm 5'10" I will hit my head coming into the cockpit with this design if you don't hold onto the tower and bend in. It does however allow you to fold the tower down completely in the rear for those that have a garage. This one didn't have any nice SeaDek or Gatorstep flooring. The storage wasn't that massive but it was adequate I'd say for a day on the water. In the bow center cushion there is actually a cute little anchor locker made for a Danforth style anchor but it would have to be something really small to sit in there. There's a bit of plastic around the side of the helm with some exposed fasteners and I didn't like the hex-shape shifter. I deal with hex bar stock all day at work and this just reminded me of that and didn't feel that great in your hand to be honest. The helm had nice brushed metal bezels around the instrument controls and display panels. The OB seat folds up with some of the seat base cushion and exposing it's plastic "frame" underneath. I would like to see this without the plastic ribs and either swing further up higher by not using the seat cushion with it or redesign so it can swing to the side like a Moomba giving you more access inside the helm storage. The fabric seemed of nice quality but nowhere near like the higher end MC models. Overall I'd say the Moomba boats are a better value to me than the NXT....just IMHO. Even at 22' the NXT felt small and narrow. I imagine the smaller NXT20 would feel very much like the size of a Yamaha 19' boat. The bow seating of the NXT22 tapers in a little and at 5'10" I had to put my legs at an angle if I wanted to stretch them out. I'd say you could fit two adults but no more in the bow unless one was sitting backward. The front backrest of the bow slops forward giving you a little bit of as recline. One thing I did appreciate on the NXT was the large step/seat/staging area on the transom. There's not a lot of freeboard at the stern and this seating area reminded me of Yamaha swim platform a little. Actually the whole boat reminded me a lot of a Yamaha for some reason.

IMG_1339.JPGIMG_1340.JPGIMG_1341.JPGIMG_1342.JPGIMG_1343.JPGIMG_1344.JPGIMG_1345.JPGIMG_1346.JPGIMG_1347.JPGIMG_1348.JPGIMG_1349.JPGIMG_1350.JPGIMG_1351.JPGIMG_1352.JPGIMG_1353.JPGIMG_1354.JPGIMG_1355.JPG

Last edited:

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Dropped off the boat today so my dealer can get it listed on their website. I felt sad seeing her there especially when I drove away seeing her in the rear view after their tractor moved her to a spot on the lot. That box you see is all the takeoff stock parts, intercooler, ribbon, etc. I will be selling the stock carpet (w/ all snaps) and the stock rear seat cushion (for anyone that wants to mod it so you'll have a walk through similar to the JBP discontinued seat conversion.

IMG_1356.JPG

IMG_1305.JPG

IMG_1302.JPG

IMG_1303.JPG

Such a sad pic :( :( :( but brighter days are ahead! ....

IMG_1362.JPG

While I was there hanging out eating food on their open house event I also took time to crawl all over and inside a 2019 Max. The 2019's received the same vinyl as last year's Supra boats and is a nicer feel than what I remembered on the 2018 Moomba Max I demoed last year. Played with the stereo as well and makes me feel a lot better with the sub as I was able to get nice bass out of it. No need for the box I was thinking of adding earlier. It's plenty enough bass for us :D. Anyways here's some pics of this beast. I'll have some videos I'll post up next.

IMG_1306.JPGIMG_1307.JPGIMG_1308.JPGIMG_1309.JPGIMG_1310.JPGIMG_1311.JPGIMG_1312.JPGIMG_1313.JPG

IMG_1316.JPG

IMG_1314.JPGIMG_1315.JPG

IMG_1318.JPG

IMG_1321.JPGIMG_1359.JPGIMG_1360.JPG

Even my big ass can fit my butt on the little "pirch" of the stagin area :D..
IMG_1361.JPG

Last edited:

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Here's a little walk around video I made of the 2019 Max...

And of the F1 stereo package. It comes with Fusion Bluetooth radio, Wetsounds 6.5" cockpit speakers, Wetsounds Rev8 tower speakers, Wetsounds Rev10 10" subwoofer. The tower speakers and subwoofer are powered by a Wetsounds amp. I spec'd my Max with the top F2 audio package which amplifies all cockpit speakers, tower speakers and subwoofer. I suggest listening with quality headphones or a stereo with a sub if you can so that you can hear the bass of the sub...

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
BTW @SCP1 I looked close at the trailer and the tongue folds just under the bow. So length on trailer is a matter of with swim platform on or off. 24'6" with swim platform on. I forgot to give them my Salt Away flush adapter so I'll try and get the tower measurement for you next week or weekend.

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
There this from the 2019 owner's manual although the image and dimensions are the same from the 2018 owner's manual. So I'm not too sure how accurate the height is since the 2019's has a different and taller A3 tower. One guy on the Moomba forum said his dealer told him it was 110" but who knows. I'll try and confirm for you this weekend.

image.jpeg

SCP1

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
There this from the 2019 owner's manual although the image and dimensions are the same from the 2018 owner's manual. So I'm not too sure how accurate the height is since the 2019's has a different and taller A3 tower. One guy on the Moomba forum said his dealer told him it was 110" but who knows. I'll try and confirm for you this weekend.

View attachment 89795
It says 98, obviously I have a 8’ door.

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Ordered my new Curt Class IV receiver hitch last night from www.etrailer.com. Great prices and SUPER FAST and FREE shipping (check out those times below)!! I also ordered a new 7 pin plug and plate since my stock one is made into the factory hitch I'm going to have to....alter... to make this hitch work that's made for a non-factory tow package F150. Shouldn't be that big of a deal and sure beats the alternative which is an ugly $635 Class IV hitch that goes below the factory hitch (which of course you'd never use again making it useless and ugly).

image.png

Last edited:

jgpncll

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Dropped off the boat today so my dealer can get it listed on their website. I felt sad seeing her there especially when I drove away seeing her in the rear view after their tractor moved her to a spot on the lot. That box you see is all the takeoff stock parts, intercooler, ribbon, etc. I will be selling the stock carpet (w/ all snaps) and the stock rear seat cushion (for anyone that wants to mod it so you'll have a walk through similar to the JBP discontinued seat conversion.

While I was there hanging out eating food on their open house event I also took time to crawl all over and inside a 2019 Max. The 2019's received the same vinyl as last year's Supra boats and is a nicer feel than what I remembered on the 2018 Moomba Max I demoed last year. Played with the stereo as well and makes me feel a lot better with the sub as I was able to get nice bass out of it. No need for the box I was thinking of adding earlier. It's plenty enough bass for us :D. Anyways here's some pics of this beast. I'll have some videos I'll post up next.
I want the stock rear seat cushion if you haven't already sold it. I need it to mod like you did yours. I already have the Seadek pad for after modding it.

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I want the stock rear seat cushion if you haven't already sold it. I need it to mod like you did yours. I already have the Seadek pad for after modding it.
Cool, I still have it. I'll send you a message this weekend before I put it up for sale.

Mainah

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I've seen @swatski ask a few others about Mastercraft NXT series so I figured I'd snap some pics for him and anyone else wanting to see what the NXT22 looks like. It's pretty bare bones compared to the remaining Mastercraft lineup or even compared to competition like Moomba. One thing I definitely noticed that I didn't like was the rear swept tower. I'm 5'10" I will hit my head coming into the cockpit with this design if you don't hold onto the tower and bend in. It does however allow you to fold the tower down completely in the rear for those that have a garage. This one didn't have any nice SeaDek or Gatorstep flooring. The storage wasn't that massive but it was adequate I'd say for a day on the water. In the bow center cushion there is actually a cute little anchor locker made for a Danforth style anchor but it would have to be something really small to sit in there. There's a bit of plastic around the side of the helm with some exposed fasteners and I didn't like the hex-shape shifter. I deal with hex bar stock all day at work and this just reminded me of that and didn't feel that great in your hand to be honest. The helm had nice brushed metal bezels around the instrument controls and display panels. The OB seat folds up with some of the seat base cushion and exposing it's plastic "frame" underneath. I would like to see this without the plastic ribs and either swing further up higher by not using the seat cushion with it or redesign so it can swing to the side like a Moomba giving you more access inside the helm storage. The fabric seemed of nice quality but nowhere near like the higher end MC models. Overall I'd say the Moomba boats are a better value to me than the NXT....just IMHO. Even at 22' the NXT felt small and narrow. I imagine the smaller NXT20 would feel very much like the size of a Yamaha 19' boat. The bow seating of the NXT22 tapers in a little and at 5'10" I had to put my legs at an angle if I wanted to stretch them out. I'd say you could fit two adults but no more in the bow unless one was sitting backward. The front backrest of the bow slops forward giving you a little bit of as recline. One thing I did appreciate on the NXT was the large step/seat/staging area on the transom. There's not a lot of freeboard at the stern and this seating area reminded me of Yamaha swim platform a little. Actually the whole boat reminded me a lot of a Yamaha for some reason.

View attachment 89608View attachment 89609View attachment 89610View attachment 89611View attachment 89612View attachment 89613View attachment 89614View attachment 89615View attachment 89616View attachment 89617View attachment 89618View attachment 89619View attachment 89620View attachment 89621View attachment 89622View attachment 89623View attachment 89624
Interesting tidbit. That Klipsch branded radio is actually just the newer version of the Polk remote there has been so many issues with. Klipsch is another ASA electronics brand. Looks like ASA did a deal with mastercraft in 2017. Apparently the Polk name was not good enough so they are slapping the Klipsch name on Polk stuff. Perhaps the newer stuff really does meet the stanards they claim but I would not trust it.

Looks like yet another plus for @haknslash going with Moomba and Fusion.