• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Thoughts and demo rides of wake / towsports boats: Moomba Max, Axis A22, MB Sports

MattFX4

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
They don't list the deadrise from what I have seen. Most wake boats are flatter at the back of the boat compared to other boats. It looks like they have a pretty good V towards the front though. I've been on a Supra SE and a Tige R series and both had a good ride to me. I guess that is subjective though.

d_coyne1984

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I am really interested in taking a loot at the new Kaiyen and the ATX. I am not supposed to talk about details, but I am getting my boat replaced with a 2020 Supreme S211. I only really have one negative against this boat but it is a big one. The bow area is huge and takes up too much of the boats usable space. Most other manufacturers have a reasonable sized bow area for two people, but seem to do a better job of maximizing the rear cockpit space, which is where you really want the people capacity and weight to be. So I am slightly toying with the idea of trying to sell the new boat, which I should be able to turn a decent profit on, and buy something else. The problem is it needs to go into my garage and there are not many wake boats out there that will clear an 8' header anymore without a whole lot of monkeying around. Lengthwise I should be able to get a 22' boat in if I remove the platform and drop the tabs. I was really into the idea of a Craz, but I don't think she'll clear. I just got confirmation from a local dealer that the ATX22 will.

MattFX4

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I am really interested in taking a loot at the new Kaiyen and the ATX. I am not supposed to talk about details, but I am getting my boat replaced with a 2020 Supreme S211. I only really have one negative against this boat but it is a big one. The bow area is huge and takes up too much of the boats usable space. Most other manufacturers have a reasonable sized bow area for two people, but seem to do a better job of maximizing the rear cockpit space, which is where you really want the people capacity and weight to be. So I am slightly toying with the idea of trying to sell the new boat, which I should be able to turn a decent profit on, and buy something else. The problem is it needs to go into my garage and there are not many wake boats out there that will clear an 8' header anymore without a whole lot of monkeying around. Lengthwise I should be able to get a 22' boat in if I remove the platform and drop the tabs. I was really into the idea of a Craz, but I don't think she'll clear. I just got confirmation from a local dealer that the ATX22 will.
Oh wow sounds like something went wrong with your boat if it’s getting replaced. I’m interested in a few boats right now and plan to really look at them all in depth over the next few months. I like the Kaiyen, Craz, and want to check out the ATX 22 for sure. I wasn’t really interested in the Craz until I spoke with a guy off the Moomba forum who has one. He sent me some pics and videos and it performs really well with extra weight. Not a fan of the traditional bow, but will have to sit in it myself to see how it feels.

d_coyne1984

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Oh wow sounds like something went wrong with your boat if it’s getting replaced. I’m interested in a few boats right now and plan to really look at them all in depth over the next few months. I like the Kaiyen, Craz, and want to check out the ATX 22 for sure. I wasn’t really interested in the Craz until I spoke with a guy off the Moomba forum who has one. He sent me some pics and videos and it performs really well with extra weight. Not a fan of the traditional bow, but will have to sit in it myself to see how it feels.
I will just say this about the Supreme issue; it is a material issue and no fault of anything Supreme did or didn't do. They have gone way above and beyond to make things right and I wouldn't hesitate to buy a Supreme boat again. I am looking at the Supreme ZS212, but I am pretty sure she is a little to high on the trailer as well.

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Was it Matt with the black, blue and white 2019 Craz you spoke to?

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Yep. He texted me some photos and videos.
Yup his wave is nice :)

The Craz is a nice boat especially with the interior and tech update they did for 2019.

Tomorrow I hopefully get a chance to surf on a 2019 Supra SL and possibly a MasterCraft XT22. Dealer is throwing a lunch event at the local lake and bringing a few boats. Wished they were bringing a Kaiyen too. We haven’t been on the water in a while so we are looking forward to getting out.

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Here’s a look at the new Centurion Vi series they introduced for 2020. It’s a clean looking boat. The Hex vinyl looks pretty damn nice. These boats just don’t have a strong presence here where I live. Way out of my price range too but they are nice boats. Just don’t leave them filled and heavily ballast while sitting still or they can hydrolock.

MattFX4

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Nice that will be cool if you get to test out
Some other boats. Interesting about the passive hydrolock. Never heard of that issue. Those Centurions are pretty sweet and pack some serious ballast from factory. They deff have more presence out west being a CA company.

J-RAD

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Here’s a look at the new Centurion Vi series they introduced for 2020. It’s a clean looking boat. The Hex vinyl looks pretty damn nice. These boats just don’t have a strong presence here where I live. Way out of my price range too but they are nice boats. Just don’t leave them filled and heavily ballast while sitting still or they can hydrolock.

Those Boardco guys are located in my hometown a few miles down the road. I've not had any personal dealings with them. They've built a pretty big presence in the wake boat and watersports community but their location and facility here are pretty unassuming. My friends, the former owners of R7 Watersports, I guess had a few less than friendly interactions with them. I don't think I offer much competition for them at this point with my venture.

swatski

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Do any of the newer bwake boats offer a head compartment?

--

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length

--
You could for sure do a #2 in the rear locker of my Max :D

But seriously I don’t know of any offhand. Maybe that Chris Craft forward drive surf boat yacht?

Recoveringfiberglassaddic

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other

--
It was originally a "wakeboat" but the 25 Malibu Sunscapes had a head on the port side. I think its was only like 05- 07 that had the head, but don't quote me on that, not a Bu expert. The screenshot pic you can see the window in the head on the port side under the window. It surfs pretty good with some ballast upgrades, wedge down, and shaper. Only real downside was they only come with the Indmar 8.1. They are great at sucking thru fuel and at high hours they develop rod knock in my experience.

I've always theorized it's an oil control issue because of bow high angles. The 8.1 gets used in jet boat (aluminum whitewater boats) from both Indmar and Marine Power and they seem to last a lot longer. Those boats typically sit in the river on plane while running which is why I point my finger to bow angles.

That and the fact that when you pull the pan on them it's usually 1 and 2 that have copper on that cap and rod bearings showing. Did have one that dropped a valve and blew apart the piston head last year. That was fun. The oil pad is pieces of the piston head out of the pan. Found the rings in there too.

Attachments

Last edited:

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
So I admittedly havent done my homework on all the different jet boat surf mods, mostly because theres a lot to read thru, so I figured I'd ask it here as theres some guys trolling this thread that went to inboard Vdrives...

What have jet boat guys gotten from playing with shapers/slappers/wedges etc as diversion devices??

^^this is one of my favorites for ease of use but never works with step lines in the hull st the corners. Anyone go nuts and try to replicate Malibu/Axis gates under the platform on jets?

swatski

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
So I admittedly havent done my homework on all the different jet boat surf mods, mostly because theres a lot to read thru, so I figured I'd ask it here as theres some guys trolling this thread that went to inboard Vdrives...

What have jet boat guys gotten from playing with shapers/slappers/wedges etc as diversion devices??

^^this is one of my favorites for ease of use but never works with step lines in the hull st the corners. Anyone go nuts and try to replicate Malibu/Axis gates under the platform on jets?
Oh yeah! That's been beat to death.
There are a few reasons those devices don;t work in jet boats. The transom is way recessed and the hull needs a list, so the thing ends up sitting in a wrong place and way too high. Also - delayed convergence devices tend to force a countersteer that in a twin jetboat will completely ruin the face of the wake.

--

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
I figured it was nothing new. Knew I could save a bunch of time. Thanks for letting me cheat on my homework @swatski.

Just to clarify and make sure I have the concept correct...delayed convergence device are a fail because they induce a "crabwalk" so to keep the boat tracking straight the counter steer from the Jets washes out the face?

swatski

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Just to clarify and make sure I have the concept correct...delayed convergence device are a fail because they induce a "crabwalk" so to keep the boat tracking straight the counter steer from the Jets washes out the face?
Yes.
Besides, there is also not quite a good spot to place a device. @jcyamaharider and @haknslash had some prototypes tested, I tried to use my non-surf side trim tab mounted gizmos ("deflectors") at various angles, nothing really works.

--

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Had a great time at the dealers lunch on the lake customer appreciation event. Didn’t get to ride in the Supra as it was gone for a while with a full boat and I’m sure many people getting a pull or surf behind it. They paid for everyone’s lunch today which was freaking great and not cheap lol. Had some killer spicy shrimp tacos! A few people showed up that were boat shopping and as they walked down the dock to check out the boats a few of them would swing by the Max and I’d see the dealer answering questions for them lol. Had one group of people ask if I needed some friends because they loved the Max and wanted a ride lol. She gets compliments and stands out everywhere we take it.

Unfortunately we had to cut the day short on the water. I noticed my port bag wasn’t full even though it was showing full on the display. Apparently I had the relay module issue that has been an issue for a few people with 2019 SC boats. Namely the Makai and Max seem to be the ones I’ve seen with this issue. Basically one of my port rear ballast pumps will run in drain even with the switch off or set to fill. I had to drop down inside the port rear locker and remove the panel to access the fuse bank and relay box for the ballast system. Pulled the 15A fuse for “port fill” and they cut off the power to the ballast. I didn’t want to burn the pump up or impeller by letting it run dry. Dropped her off at the dealer and will hopefully get her back by next weekend. I told them I have a weekend trip planned at the end of the month and they said no worries they till get her fixed probably within a week but for sure before my trip.

Oh well we still had a great time meeting new folks, chatting with the dealer crew and swimming for a while so the day wasn’t a total loss.

E13537D0-674A-4C5A-A72C-FD62B0ACBA88.jpeg882EC066-9936-4EC2-9B09-C746D5A71D73.jpeg4A62940E-BC12-404E-8118-92EE9CE039C5.jpegB7FEC4C7-7D84-4F7E-B537-BFA3252270EF.jpegD32940FE-5008-4CA3-A8BD-D6DE1DCE369F.jpeg

Last edited:

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Filmed the trailer retrieval today for some reason lol. We are getting really good at maneuvering this big girl now. I parallel parked her between 2 boats today like a champ. Loving the Exile balls and have had a few people ask about them already. They really keep the boat nice and safe from the docks. I don’t see myself ever going back to traditional fenders.

Pinhacker71

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited E-Series
Boat Length
@hacknslash. How easy is it to get a nice wake out of the box on your max? I am looking at different boats and don’t want to have to add a bunch of extra ballast to dial in a wake. Is it pretty much plug and play? Any info would be nice. Spent some time at Mastercraft today and cannot get over the insane pricing.