• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Thoughts and demo rides of wake / towsports boats: Moomba Max, Axis A22, MB Sports

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Have you ever seen whether Wake9 finished their Makai review? I’ve searched a few times and only ever found a teaser for it, never the actual review.
I don't think he ever finished it. It might have been lost with some of the footage due the the fire they had. I'm waiting on him to release the polar bear event information as I hope to get up to TN for the event.

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Video is up. Tried to cover as much as I could on the 3rd take. Ended up missing some other points I wanted to elaborate on but whatever. It was already getting long enough and hard to keep it under 20 mins for a thorough comparison. Tried to be as unbiased as I always am and speaking from my own opinion.

Edit - one thing I forgot to mention in the video. At around 2:43 you see the engine hatch open on the Axis A22. I am sure I'm not alone in saying that while the massive deep engine hatch on the Max is awesome...it's also a major PITA to use if you want to check your oil or inspect you engine. There has GOT to be a better way to retain such a deep, nice wet storage compartment but also allow for easy access to the engine. Hopefully Skiers Choice resolves this issue in the next few years. I'll give a point to Axis for engine / check oil access even though their storage is like a 1/16 of the Max

Last edited:

d_coyne1984

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Video is up. Tried to cover as much as I could on the 3rd take. Ended up missing some other points I wanted to elaborate on but whatever. It was already getting long enough and hard to keep it under 20 mins for a thorough comparison. Tried to be as unbiased as I always am and speaking from my own opinion.

Edit - one thing I forgot to mention in the video. At around 2:43 you see the engine hatch open on the Axis A22. I am sure I'm not alone in saying that while the massive deep engine hatch on the Max is awesome...it's also a major PITA to use if you want to check your oil or inspect you engine. There has GOT to be a better way to retain such a deep, nice wet storage compartment but also allow for easy access to the engine. Hopefully Skiers Choice resolves this issue in the next few years. I'll give a point to Axis for engine / check oil access even though their storage is like a 1/16 of the Max

Damn. Very nicely done! Man I wish I could get a Max to clear my garage header.

SCP1

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
Damn. Very nicely done! Man I wish I could get a Max to clear my garage header.
Based on the write up above the 2020 Kaiyen looks like it might fit the ticket. I was told with the Pro-Tower this would fit in a 8’ door.

d_coyne1984

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Based on the write up above the 2020 Kaiyen looks like it might fit the ticket. I was told with the Pro-Tower this would fit in a 8’ door.
I didn't realize that the pro tower was lower. I just looked and that appears to be quite true. The local salesmen here are pretty terrible for not bringing up that option. I'm a little disappointed that I don't see the option available on the Craz. I might have to keep my eye open for a used Craz Pro and talk to my local dealer to see if they are willing to give me a good price on a Kaiyen.

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
When I checked out the Paragon at the boat show I missed a ton of the fine details and differences between a regular G23. Pretty crazy boat!

MattFX4

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
When I checked out the Paragon at the boat show I missed a ton of the fine details and differences between a regular G23. Pretty crazy boat!

Yeah how about those rear recliner style seats on the back of boat and the sales guy said there were subwoofers back there for the surfer.

d_coyne1984

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length

Did I hear him say 7,400 lbs!?! They really engineered the shit out of that thing. I am a big fan of the small, almost unnoticeable convenience touches they took the time to put in. I really like how clean the port console storage is with the batteries recessed into the floor. Very nice touch.

I am still flabbergasted by the prices though. To me, this boat should be at the price points that you are seeing the Centurion/Malibu/Supra 24-25' models. That I could respect.

Last edited:

zipper

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boston Whaler
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length

There is a big difference in the bow detail as compared to this G23 at the Marina last Summer.

20200213_073856.jpg

Last edited:

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Yea he goes over the hull differences between a regular G23 and the G23 Paragon in the video. Quite a bit of difference especially in the surf area of the hull surfaces.

J-RAD

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Nautique seems to be one of the major innovators. They've been working on electric options for years. I found this video from 2011 the other day. The stats in this boat compared to the video above are vastly different. Duration of 3-4 ski sets with a recharge time of 4 hours... not great. Compared to 3-4 hours of ballasted boarding with 1 hour recharge possibility. Vastly different!

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Here's a video walk around of the all new MB F24 Tomcat. I like the rear seating and walk through but still not sure on the swoopy bulbous side profile. Interesting boat for sure and wished there err more of a MB market and support here. For some reason I thought these were coming with GSA tabs but after seeing the vids I looks more like their first gen tab shape.

MattFX4

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Here's a video walk around of the all new MB F24 Tomcat. I like the rear seating and walk through but still not sure on the swoopy bulbous side profile. Interesting boat for sure and wished there err more of a MB market and support here. For some reason I thought these were coming with GSA tabs but after seeing the vids I looks more like their first gen tab shape.

There’s a lot going on there. Not sure about that helm area. Reminds me of an old school power boat. Another thing that makes or breaks it for me is the window design. I can’t stand the axis style window. I understand it’s great for communicating to riders, but it’s a big issue for me. Don’t get me wrong, it’s a nice boat, just not my cup of tea.

DavisAR195

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
MasterCraft
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length

d_coyne1984

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I can only imagine what the fuel burn rate is on that bad boy.
They will probably be paying as much for fuel with that thing in a G25 Paragon as I pay for my boat every year. But lets face it, if you are rolling in a Paragon, you'd probably see my boat and call it a cute little boat.

jcyamaharider

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

We have actually been looking at these boats rather closely and the wife and I are liking them. The only thing i don't like is dealer support is 400 miles away.

OrangeTJ

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
We have actually been looking at these boats rather closely and the wife and I are liking them. The only thing i don't like is dealer support is 400 miles away.
For whatever it is worth (and I hope I'm not cursing myself!) but we've had our 2016 MB F22 since new, have put over 200 hours on it, and haven't needed to take it to the dealer once. That said, 400 miles would be a huge hassle if you did need it. In that sense, I'm fortunate that we live about 10 miles from a great MB dealership.