• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Thoughts and demo rides of wake / towsports boats: Moomba Max, Axis A22, MB Sports

OrangeTJ

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
It is. Had a Yamaha 242 LS for a few years now the Supra SL. So for I like how it handles, and slow speed maneuvering seemed pretty easy. My wife had a hard time driving the Yamaha at slow speeds because it was back and forth and could never track straight.
Slow speed tracking with every V-Drive I've driven has been excellent. They require virtually no input to keep going straight. Turning at low speeds is also so nice and predictable. Tracking across quartering wakes and shop is also excellent, owing I'm sure to the midship tracking fins, prop, and rudder. Overall, just an easier handling experience in my opinion.

MattFX4

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Previous owner found a cooler he had that came with boat and sent to me today. Was just thinking about buying another soft shell for the boat but this one should work.

F5D463B8-4686-42D8-8971-BCC215EE509B.jpeg

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Sometimes I wished I would have optioned mine with the soft cooler. We will for sure be buying one this season to replace the hard Igloo.

MattFX4

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Yep big fan of soft shell. I have a hard shell yeti that is a bitch to bring on boat and takes up too much space. I think this soft shell will fit in the floor cooler space on the SL

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Probably one of the more thorough walkthrough videos of the Kaiyen I've seen out there.

OrangeTJ

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Previous owner found a cooler he had that came with boat and sent to me today. Was just thinking about buying another soft shell for the boat but this one should work.

View attachment 114334
My MB came with this same AO soft cooler (albiet with a non-shiney finish). Works great and fits into an underseat compartment of the same shape. Highly recommend.

d_coyne1984

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I picked up a Titan 60 from Costco and it fits very nicely under the helm which is great for easy access and not having to move people from their seat and I still have enough leg room. I miss the floor storage in my Yamaha because I would always stash two soft siders in there when under way. The Titan is not Artic or Yeti, but it's pretty stout for an inexpensive cooler.

MattFX4

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Beautiful day here on the lake. Sunny and 80. The soft cooler is awesome and fits in floor perfect. Also, damn the Bimini is huge on the SL. It almost covers the entire cockpit area. I bet it’s every bit as big as a 242x Bimini. I will have to measure next time.

DEB6037D-20D5-43CF-9081-CBD882BFD1C3.jpeg8D49347D-C0F7-4229-8F90-1094942EA89B.jpegBFE7C27B-7D23-42F3-9EED-5AF17C806038.jpegDD50508C-445D-4587-BBF1-EF5F2BBF95C8.jpegA4584C39-06FA-4B58-B694-75902035DB94.jpeg7261A977-6ECF-4F31-8ED3-3AEDE8CCE130.jpeg4BF69F17-7E00-47AE-A313-F5435AE33986.jpeg

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Grrrr this is hard to look at :D

I’m soooo ready to get out of this house and on the water!!!

Last edited:

MattFX4

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Wait...this can't be correct. I thought these boats were one trick ponies - only good for watersports but lousy for general boating and hanging out at the lake. Are you trying to tell me that's not true?
My wife took the wheel today and was so happy how it handled. She pulled me surfing for about 20 minutes, took the boat to the dock, and then put it on the trailer. I was so happy but she was pissed at herself because she had to make two passes at getting it on the trailer. I told her that was a win being her first time.

DavisAR195

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
MasterCraft
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
So on the cooler topic the higher end X series models come with Mastercraft branded Cordova coolers. The lower models come with a cheep igloo coolers. So you can buy the fancy Mastercraft branded Cordova coolers for $400+ or you can buy the same non branded cooler for $175.00. So I just need to get a custom GatorStep topper. 9897BBCF-D271-4FCA-B505-235EE536DBE0.png

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I’m sure they will make you a sweet design if you come up with one.

I will be switching to soft cooler and give them a try. Not sure if the prices out there but anyone have any suggestions? I don’t need a massive cooler for a big crew. Just something like the AO posted above or similar size. @MattFX4 How many cans does that AO hold?

OrangeTJ

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I can easily hold 36 cans in that same AO. I imagine it can hold more. We usually have 24 drinks, ice packs on top of them, then sandwiches on top of those.

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
That’s plenty for us. Thanks :thumbsup:

MattFX4

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I’m sure they will make you a sweet design if you come up with one.

I will be switching to soft cooler and give them a try. Not sure if the prices out there but anyone have any suggestions? I don’t need a massive cooler for a big crew. Just something like the AO posted above or similar size. @MattFX4 How many cans does that AO hold?
not sure but I had a bunch in it yesterday. I probably had 20 drinks in there counting all the waters and juice drinks my son wanted. Also had some food and other stuff. Much better than my yeti 12 we have been using.

MattFX4

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Met some people at our marina yesterday with a ‘19 SA. Man I love the all white. It looks so clean. I think my
Next boat will be white like this or an grey color. Ford had a color a few years back for the Raptor called Avalanche Grey and it would look amazing on a boat.

Attachments

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I don't know if I could do all white or all any single color. I agree it looks clean but I like some contrast too. Thankfully with these kinds of boats you can actually spec out how you want it built instead of default schemes and that's all you get.