• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Thoughts and demo rides of wake / towsports boats: Moomba Max, Axis A22, MB Sports

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I forgot to share these videos Skiers Choice recently cranked out regarding AutoWake for Moomba and Supra boats. It's dry tech stuff but figured some might like to see how the system operates and how to make changes. Once we get the boat out this season I plan to try AutoWake a bit more now that we will have enough ballast or displacement for it to do its thing.

Moomba AW video #1

Moomba AW video #2

Moomba AW video #3

----------------------

Supra AW video #1

Supra AW video #2

trace

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Wow, great find there @haknslash !! Hadn't seen those videos yet. Love the Autowake on our SE. Used properly, it's a powerful tool to generate the most consistent wakes behind the boat.

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Oh ffs now my dealer is just messing with us! I swear I will need a bug out house if I ever considered a new boat lol. Not to hide from the China virus but to hide from my wife trying to kill me! Of course the fine print says max amount of 50k which ain't much on these toys if buying new but still that's not bad having 120 days before the next payment. Of course in this uncertain economic time I'd have to be batshit crazy to even think of buying lol.

image.jpeg

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Supra AW #3 video was just posted...

MattFX4

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Soaking up sun today. Disregard the Bimini in the one pic. I couldn’t figure it out just launched the boat lol.
973B2F5D-B56D-4576-B644-608778F4F249.jpeg1D4AF139-A7E4-486D-97AC-E0A92A7C2C3A.jpeg

BigAbe75

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Lucky dogs! Wish we were out on the water.

Spoke to the lady yesterday who runs the storage unit and she said they should by done by the end of the month. Called my dealer and he said service depot is open but the gates are closed to prevent one on one interaction with staff and customers. Said if I need my boat they will get her ready, give her a wash and have her waiting outside the gate for me. Man April needs to hurry up and get over!

MattFX4

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Man, Illinois sucks. Lol

looks like fun! Is the water warm enough to surf? I see you’ve got the boards along.
oh yeah! Water is 68 right now. A little chilly at first but I used to it quick. We’ve had 2 weekends in a row with weather sunny and in the high 70’s. I actually went ropeless for a bit for the first time today too.

107E5B19-31A8-4788-A084-4F8AC5E882D0.jpeg

MGoMike

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Looking good! I’m totally jealous.

OnTheWater

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
Soaking up sun today. Disregard the Bimini in the one pic. I couldn’t figure it out just launched the boat lol.
View attachment 115157View attachment 115158
@MattFX4 - Nice boat. One of the tips I picked up on the Malibu forum, when I was deciding whether to get a tower or windshield mirror, was to put the windshield mirror on the passenger/port side windshield. Unobstructed view and in my opinion, gives a better view behind the boat.

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Ugh I need days like this soon...

62D454F2-5B76-44F4-AF5C-CBD7A5814053.jpeg

MattFX4

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
@MattFX4 - Nice boat. One of the tips I picked up on the Malibu forum, when I was deciding whether to get a tower or windshield mirror, was to put the windshield mirror on the passenger/port side windshield. Unobstructed view and in my opinion, gives a better view behind the boat.
Thanks and that’s a good point. I do find it being in the way while driving.

MattFX4

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Some new goodies arrived today. New surf rope and anchor. Interested to see how the box anchor works.

20AF6A06-14E4-43DC-A642-EC25E6035DB5.jpeg

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I love my box anchor. It holds in our muddy or silt bottoms real good. The only time I have it struggle to hold is if I'm in rocky, small pebble bottom along with getting pounding by rough waters, otherwise it holds 95% of the time. For those 5% times we simply find a more sheltered cove. Got to love no need for chain and it folds out of the way to save storage space.

Last edited:

MattFX4

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I love my box anchor. It holds in our muddy or silt bottoms real good. The only time I have it struggle to hold is if I'm in rocky, small pebble bottom along with getting pounding by rough waters, otherwise it holds 95% of the time. For those 5% times we simply find a more sheltered cove. Go to love no need for chain and it folds out of the way to save storage space.
that’s good to hear. Our lake is clay/muddy bottom. I had really good luck with the Danforth anchor as long as I used chain and lots of rope. I’m hoping the box will require less rope.

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
@MattFX4 Yup you'll be fine and throwing out nowhere near the same amount of rope you needed for proper scope or rode with a danforth style anchor. I used the danforth style on my 192 and always had to put out a lot of rope if I wanted it to hold. With the box anchor in mud or clay that thing is going to stick good and hard. You'll realize how hard when you go to pull it up and flex your biceps for your wifey :D

Plus you can literally drop it off the boat straight down off the bow and not need to "set" the anchor in most cases. The current, waves or wind is usually enough to let it dig in a little as the boat moves around. The danforth usually required me to drop the anchor and put the boat in reverse to get it start dragging and digging in. Of course with a danforth I never had both flukes equally dig in no matter the scope. I snorkeled at my anchor in the gulf to watch it and danforth always liked to roll more to one fluke than the equally.

anchor.jpg

Last edited:

DavisAR195

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
MasterCraft
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Got out for some social distancing boating before our ramp gets closed tomorrow. B02FDF19-F132-4520-A55D-ADE69C446556.jpeg52F41173-84BF-47FA-AEB3-68FA6A96665F.jpeg16AB8248-86E9-4739-AB91-AD925A6C2655.jpeg0A3E347F-0396-44F9-96EC-E80F723461C6.jpegD1AAE046-8AC0-4835-921D-FF1A3AD6B303.jpeg

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Nice @DavisAR195 ! Was that the maiden voyage? How you and the wifey liking the Mastercraft compared to your AR195? With the tower folded back are you able to get her in the garage? If so I'm jealous lol. I wished our garage was bigger.

DavisAR195

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
MasterCraft
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Nice @DavisAR195 ! Was that the maiden voyage? How you and the wifey liking the Mastercraft compared to your AR195? With the tower folded back are you able to get her in the garage? If so I'm jealous lol. I wished our garage was bigger.
Yup it was out maiden voyage. We both love the boat and the additional space within the boat. I played around with the ballast system (the upgraded ballast bags and had an additional 600lbs of lead. I kept the stock prop on and it’s clear that I need to swap out for the Surf prop I bought. The boat handles very different and I need to get use to it mainly going in reverse.

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
As long as no scratches and she drives that's a good maiden voyage in my book! :D

How long is your breakin process for the boat engine? That was the worst part on mine and longer than the Yamaha but it was awesome once I was done. Enjoy it and you'll get used to reverse and how to position the boat in no time. Just take it slow and easy in an open area and toss out a life jacket or fender to practice.