• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Thoughts and demo rides of wake / towsports boats: Moomba Max, Axis A22, MB Sports

MattFX4

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
He didn't give specifics on where he positioned the lead bags but said that wave was with only 2 people in the boat and AutoWake turned on. He later mentioned he thought his settings for roll and pitch were -3.5 roll. 9.0 pitch and a speed of 11.2.

SA wave also looked legit with 650 lbs of lead! Of course camera angle kind of makes this look amplified being below the rub rail to get that angle but still shows how clean and nice that wave shape is.

View attachment 113398
nice. May have to find that post and reach out to him on specifics. I swear if this Coronavirus shit messes with boating I’m going to be pissed. I’m optimistic though because being out on the lake on the boat is about as secluded as you can get from other groups of people. I have a friend with a lake house on Lanier and I joked with him the other day about quarantining at his house for the summer.

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
If the media yukked about influenza as much as they do about corona this world would implode lol. Either they’re not telling people the truth or this is mass hysteria media hype IMO. Given the MSM track record I'm going with hysteria media hype narrative. It’s funny people posting to wash youlr hands omg and I’m sitting here like ...wtf y’all don’t already wash your hands?!! Eww!

Yea I just need boating season to hurry up and get here. I don’t care about toilet paper shortages lol. I just want to capitalize on this $1.79 a gallon gas going on right now lol.

Last edited:

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Nice little video tour of the Kaiyen

MattFX4

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
All tucked in at marina about 25 minutes from my house. Put 65 gallons of gas in her before dropping off. I may drop it in for the maiden voyage tomorrow. Still haven’t decided.

17D6D899-CF7B-49C6-AAB4-9C2469F3468A.jpeg

DavisAR195

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
MasterCraft
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
First mod on the Mastercraft, installing the WakeMakers engine bay reinforcements for the upgraded ballast bags. Boat 1.jpg

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Im super jealous guys!! The freakishly wet months really put the crew building the storage units behind several weeks than anticipated. I just want to touch my boat or hell just freakin see it lol. Talked to the lady who runs the storage units and she thinks mid-April they should be built. Of course that was prior to the virus craziness so who knows. I could go get it and have the dealer unwrap to prepare it but then I'd have to store it at my parents house again while it sits outside and gets wrecked by thick disgusting pollen so there's no reason to do that. Hated having to store it outside last year and do not want to do that again.

Kind of funny they made the numbers like that with arrows. I guess nobody wanted to deal with a ladder and putting the numbers above each unit :D

Come pick me up @MattFX4 :D, I will keep my social distance just toss a surf rope out as you swing by the dock and I'll hang out behind the boat all day :D

MattFX4

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Im super jealous guys!! The freakishly wet months really put the crew building the storage units behind several weeks than anticipated. I just want to touch my boat or hell just freakin see it lol. Talked to the lady who runs the storage units and she thinks mid-April they should be built. Of course that was prior to the virus craziness so who knows. I could go get it and have the dealer unwrap to prepare it but then I'd have to store it at my parents house again while it sits outside and gets wrecked by thick disgusting pollen so there's no reason to do that. Hated having to store it outside last year and do not want to do that again.

Kind of funny they made the numbers like that with arrows. I guess nobody wanted to deal with a ladder and putting the numbers above each unit :D

Come pick me up @MattFX4 :D, I will keep my social distance just toss a surf rope out as you swing by the dock and I'll hang out behind the boat all day :D
haha come on! I think we are going to do it tomorrow! My wife brought it up so I can’t no right? She said it would be a good opportunity to learn to drive the boat. I’m so pumped I think may jump in the cold water to surf. It will be my son, wife and me and no other interaction so don’t think it’s a bad idea. Get some vitamin D while we’re at it.

MattFX4

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length

Oh and yeah those numbers are funny. Lazy asses.

MattFX4

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
maiden voyage today. Went very well. I can’t believe how smooth and quite it is. First thing my wife said as we were idleing out was wow this thing is quiet. Hammered down on it pulling out of marina and the Raptor 6.2 is music to the ears. Played with the surf system some, but still don’t know what the hell I’m doing. Previous owner had some user profiles saved but were all goofy. I like how it handles, very responsive and on rails. Putting back on trailer was very easy. Surprised how quick we snatched it out of the water when it came time to take it out. The video below is short, but full 3,500lb ballast and just hit the regular surf side button. Still got to figure it out and add some lead. Had a good time though despite the weather being cooler than I thought.

28D40DAB-E337-4462-8B28-E4BA1D7E96FF.jpeg

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Man I really miss that sound!! Glad to hear the maiden voyage went great. It's amazing how good these big beasts handle huh? Like they're on rails!!! Glad to hear momma bear approves of the beast too. I'm hoping we can get out as soon as we have storage building compete led and I have a new home for the Max. I wished my rear sliding seat had the fold over table but this one of the perks for going with the Supra over Moomba. We'd be using that table too. :)

BTW I never noticed the LED lights facing forward on top of the tower. Are those tied into the docking lights on the bow?

MattFX4

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Man I really miss that sound!! Glad to hear the maiden voyage went great. It's amazing how good these big beasts handle huh? Like they're on rails!!! Glad to hear momma bear approves of the beast too. I'm hoping we can get out as soon as we have storage building compete led and I have a new home for the Max. I wished my rear sliding seat had the fold over table but this one of the perks for going with the Supra over Moomba. We'd be using that table too. :)

BTW I never noticed the LED lights facing forward on top of the tower. Are those tied into the docking lights on the bow?
the table is pretty cool but not nearly as nice as what we had on the Yamaha. Yeah those led’s in the “wing” thing on top of tower are tied in to bow docking lights. Haven’t tried them on lake but when I turned them on at home they are pretty damn bright.

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Yea I bet they're bright. I remember sitting in a Supra last year at the boat show and blinded a couple as they walked past the bow when I turned the docking lights on. :D

Does the backside of the wing have the swivel mount thing for a GoPro? Can't remember if it was Supra or Nautique I saw that feature on.

MattFX4

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Yea I bet they're bright. I remember sitting in a Supra last year at the boat show and blinded a couple as they walked past the bow when I turned the docking lights on. :D

Does the backside of the wing have the swivel mount thing for a GoPro? Can't remember if it was Supra or Nautique I saw that feature on.
Not sure?? Will have to look next time on boat. It does a have camera up there and also a camera on back of boat that comes on when in reverse, but not sure about GoPro mounts.

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length

DavisAR195

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
MasterCraft
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Today’s mods: swapping out the wakemaker ballast bags going from 400lbs to 710lbs. Put on the domed registration number and naked feet only stickers.9BA652B1-B6FD-4A46-8E96-6B4BF47C9929.jpeg4F601E11-09D0-4440-AA21-722DD696FBAD.jpeg1911ADEF-5582-49DA-AAE6-B171B5E30F00.jpegA4BC2500-FF25-4309-9B8B-3797AA1745BD.jpeg9EFF076A-342C-4CC2-A8FC-2A5B5023AE98.jpegE98E235F-145A-4157-9794-CD93EAC0C3CB.jpeg

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Y'all are killing me LOL!

Letters look great and I didn't realize your trailer was painted with the blue. Looking good! :thumbsup:

When are you planning on getting her wet on the maiden voyage?

DavisAR195

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
MasterCraft
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Y'all are killing me LOL!

Letters look great and I didn't realize your trailer was painted with the blue. Looking good! :thumbsup:

When are you planning on getting her wet on the maiden voyage?
It would have been today but my Tahoe is in the shop till Monday. Then the rain is back for a week or so. I can’t wait to get her on the water!

OrangeTJ

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length

It isn't nearly as slick as that convertible rear seat table, but we installed a Garelick table with a side mount in our MB. Works a treat when anchored out in a cove. Table top is pretty much exactly the same as what we had in our Yamaha.

OrangeTJ

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
maiden voyage today. Went very well. I can’t believe how smooth and quite it is. First thing my wife said as we were idleing out was wow this thing is quiet. Hammered down on it pulling out of marina and the Raptor 6.2 is music to the ears. Played with the surf system some, but still don’t know what the hell I’m doing. Previous owner had some user profiles saved but were all goofy. I like how it handles, very responsive and on rails. Putting back on trailer was very easy. Surprised how quick we snatched it out of the water when it came time to take it out. The video below is short, but full 3,500lb ballast and just hit the regular surf side button. Still got to figure it out and add some lead. Had a good time though despite the weather being cooler than I thought.

View attachment 114071
Suhhhhhweeeeet! Enjoy! Is this your first V-Drive?

MattFX4

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Suhhhhhweeeeet! Enjoy! Is this your first V-Drive?
It is. Had a Yamaha 242 LS for a few years now the Supra SL. So for I like how it handles, and slow speed maneuvering seemed pretty easy. My wife had a hard time driving the Yamaha at slow speeds because it was back and forth and could never track straight.