• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Thoughts and demo rides of wake / towsports boats: Moomba Max, Axis A22, MB Sports

DavisAR195

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
MasterCraft
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
How do you like it? I have the 5’ Connley Bentley and love it.
It’s a pretty cool board. I’m going to try out the single large fin in the center instead of all 3 large fins as my dealer suggested. It should loosen it up some. Several of the salesman there a lot of people love riding it. It has a nice soft edge and has a mellow but fun feel to it when carving. It holds good and has good drive. Almost too much drive with 3 large fins as I had to abort mission several times yesterday to keep from slamming into my swim platform :D

shar

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Lake Martin, AL and yes found it on VRBO. I’ll send you the rental info on Sunday 👍
Please send the details this way, as well. Looks incredible, enjoy the vacay!

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Hit up surfing at 7am before lake conditions turn to crap from all the busy traffic. Found a sweet cove all to ourselves!

C85BA482-D23B-4F4A-BCCF-61C4CE5BD7A5.jpeg

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Killer night shots and I wish I had some lights on my tower.

We are picking up to leave today and head back home. It’s been an amazing vacation on Lake Martin. I woke up early hoping to catch the sunrise without an overcast and man did I ever! This lake is so beautiful y’all should visit if you’re ever in Bama.

90E44836-76C2-4898-A0D7-286CBE3365F5.jpeg

Last edited:

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
While I had the DSLR with me today I figured I'd snap a few shots of the boat at the storage lot using the 135mm lens. Makes my truck look like a toy compared to the big Max :D. gotta love that Ultra Blue Flake!!

ultrablue2_resize.jpgultrablue4_resize.jpgultrablue5_resize.jpgultrablue6_resize.jpgultrablue7_resize.jpgultrablue8_resize.jpgultrablue9_resize.jpg

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Swapped out my 4’8” Whitey Tidy Nubstep for a 5’ Neo today and can’t wait to try it out! I think I’m going to also hang onto the Big Easy to keep a long cruiser board into the mix and I liked there way it felt. This should give me a nice range of high performance to cruiser and also keep the old Broadcast as a beater board that way I don’t care how it’s treated for anyone wanting to try surfing for the first time.

843B1A2A-767F-4C34-BBD4-77EE3830E8AE.jpeg0CAFA1EF-1CCE-4EA0-B781-6E36C4386C86.jpegC6A148C4-7D8A-417D-BDE3-E29709B49E42.jpeg

anmut

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
When you forget to set surf cruise and tell the wife to hit!! :D :D. My daughter had me rolling at the end :D :D :D :D :D

Hahahhaha! Yes, that’s every surf set behind my boat before installing Ride Steady 😂🤣

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Sorry for the short GoPro clips. I did not realize I’m going to need to upgrade my OS to Windows 10 in order to edit my new GoPro Hero 8 footage. Ugh nothing is easy these days lol!

brian86992

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
This is a fun thread. Fun to see the jet folks wonder why someone would want a V drive when the surf boat forums would have them understanding why anyone would want a jet :D

How do you like that snub nose board? My biggest issue while surfing is there is very little space from the trough of the wake to outside of the boat's beam so it's really easy to nose dive the board. I wonder if that would help at all. My best Michael Jackson move...
IMG_2968.jpg

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Swinging out in the flats...

E14989C4-47CB-4DE5-917E-06556AA2D79D.jpeg

d_coyne1984

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Some pretty terrible attempts at getting a 360. I nailed it once but really didn't think I would even come close so I just stopped after I made it around. Now I can't even get close.

tdonoughue

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
If at first you don't succeed, but get it one time quit and come at it another day! :) You'll get it. I haven't even surfed yet, so you are far ahead of some of us. Impressive to even be thinking about a 360...

anmut

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
Some pretty terrible attempts at getting a 360. I nailed it once but really didn't think I would even come close so I just stopped after I made it around. Now I can't even get close.

What's your fin setup? I've been attempting 360s and your top video looks like my every attempt... get to the back board and go flat into the water! LOL

d_coyne1984

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
What's your fin setup? I've been attempting 360s and your top video looks like my every attempt... get to the back board and go flat into the water! LOL
I'm riding an idol Surf Butterknife skim board with a 1.7" single fin. I love the board! The best advice I got was to try to surf in a circle, not spin. It worked the first time I tried it, of course no video. Looks like I am just trying to spin now. I think I am also making my attempt to high on the wave. When I watch others, most people ride to the bottom of the wave to build speed and spin up the wave so that when they complete the 360 they are back positioned in the pocket. I don't know how people can do it on a surf style board with big fins.

J-RAD

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
This is a fun thread. Fun to see the jet folks wonder why someone would want a V drive when the surf boat forums would have them understanding why anyone would want a jet :D

How do you like that snub nose board? My biggest issue while surfing is there is very little space from the trough of the wake to outside of the boat's beam so it's really easy to nose dive the board. I wonder if that would help at all. My best Michael Jackson move...
View attachment 129384
I think spending more time on technique will be the most benefit. The surf style nose of the Coaster should be of more benefit in preventing nose diving. This is likely more a matter of weight distribution over the nose. Video would better help diagnose what's happening.

Granted some stub nose boards are designed to have a little more buoyancy near the nose, but you may trade speed with some designs. I'm admittedly bias because I'm a Slingshot dealer, but the Coaster it's a great handling hybrid. It will get riders ropeless on a pretty modest wave. The nose rocker starts far enough forward on the board to allow you to put a fair amount of forward pressure to lean in the gas, but there is a tipping point. You wasn't too be able to ride just behind that point. I would suggest spending a little more time getting comfortable on it before investing in another board. It may not be the fix you need or expect.