• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Thoughts and demo rides of wake / towsports boats: Moomba Max, Axis A22, MB Sports

OrangeTJ

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
That boat is so sick! It looks awesome with the tower/bimini top lowered. My only complaint would be the axis/supreme/atx style windows.
I can understand not liking the windshield if the styling isn't your thing or if you regularly boat in very windy conditions but that design is certainly funtional when using the boat as a watersports boat. Makes it very easy to talk to the rider in the water when you come alongside them. Our MB is the same general design. I think a full wrap windshield looks sleeker but this setup has been great while we've been teaching new wakeboarders and wakesurfers.

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Swung by the dealer today to add some damprid to the compartments even though they hang two big bags inside the cockpit. Do not want to risk mold while it’s wrapped so the more the better. Also decided to bring the cushions home to let the boat breath as much as it can while wrapped. We recently took a metal storage thing from my daughters room and was going to toss it but it makes for a good cushion rack for what cushions I can fit on it.

D49D4969-5AC0-4438-BDB2-3F82A81223B2.jpeg

C6F02B68-EF0F-43DB-BD17-B551EECC8807.jpeg

Got all this crap came out of the boat too. Still had storage for days leftover on the boat.

E90BA136-BD45-4ECB-8097-DFBF21221543.jpeg

2kwik4u

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@haknslash Why did you take the seats out? I've always just put damprid in each compartment, and closed the boat up as normal. Some reason the seats can't stay in the boat?

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
@haknslash Why did you take the seats out? I've always just put damprid in each compartment, and closed the boat up as normal. Some reason the seats can't stay in the boat?
Because I’m being overly cautious for the fact I’m shrink wrapping the boat, not just putting a standard cover on it that has vents. They put damprid in there hanging and I also put damprid in all the compartments ....overkill I suppose.....but I want to make sure while it’s sealed it can breath as much as it can through the compartments. Not necessary but I’m just anal about my stuff and prefer to let the boat have some breathing room under the wrap.

MattFX4

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Getting serious about purchasing next boat, and down to several different options. 2018 Supra SA, 2018 SL both with low hours vs a new Moomba Kaiyen. I’m torn between the two. @haknslash thoughts ?

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
If you can swing a Supra SL why not I say lol? If we were talking 2020 Supra's I'd lean the SA just because I love the redesign and it looks amazing. The Kaiyen would be a nice boat as well but nowhere in the same league as a Supra SL. That boat weighs a good bit and makes a killer wave as I'm sure you've seen in the wake9 vids. They will all make a great wave and wake. Have you demoed them to see how they feel and perform?

MattFX4

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
If you can swing a Supra SL why not I say lol? If we were talking 2020 Supra's I'd lean the SA just because I love the redesign and it looks amazing. The Kaiyen would be a nice boat as well but nowhere in the same league as a Supra SL. That boat weighs a good bit and makes a killer wave as I'm sure you've seen in the wake9 vids. They will all make a great wave and wake. Have you demoed them to see how they feel and perform?
not really other than I’ve been on a friends ‘16 SA which is same model as ‘18 and it was nice. I’m leaning towards the SA due to color, it has 4 tower speakers where the SL only has two. The SL is red. This is the SA I’m looking at. I think like the lines of the SA better and the wider bow.
65FA5CD9-7B33-448F-8A80-9A369DD7646A.jpeg

Attachments

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
It's a sharp boat and if it tickles you more than the SL I say go for it! Both are killer boats and you'll love them. The wider bow is definitely appreciated if you have people sit up there. That's part of the reason we chose the Max was the wide bow and layout. The running surface of that SA looks a lot like my Max. It should eat up chop no problem. Tons of room and gotta love the ballast being subfloor. Get that bad boy and bring it down to Lake Martin next season! :D

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Still waiting to get shipping confirmation but ordered the Wakemakers bag buster kit for the Max during Black Friday sales. Can't wait for the season to hurry and get here! When I added just the 750 lb bag midship the wave really came to life and got pretty big. Can't wait to see what adding 400 lbs to the rear + 540 to each midship will look like in person. Everyone who has added the kit says it's well worth it and completely transforms the wave and power of the wave. I will do a video of the install and of course water tests.

Here's what the wave looked like after adding it to this Max (two different rides at different heights but you get the idea). No idea of his surf settings but wave looks good, clean and long with push all the way back in the curl....

image.pngimage.pngimage.pngimage.png

MattFX4

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
It's a sharp boat and if it tickles you more than the SL I say go for it! Both are killer boats and you'll love them. The wider bow is definitely appreciated if you have people sit up there. That's part of the reason we chose the Max was the wide bow and layout. The running surface of that SA looks a lot like my Max. It should eat up chop no problem. Tons of room and gotta love the ballast being subfloor. Get that bad boy and bring it down to Lake Martin next season! :D
This is the SL.
0F2C99F0-E336-4D02-BFBD-75FDF1EB9FBC.jpeg

MattFX4

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Still waiting to get shipping confirmation but ordered the Wakemakers bag buster kit for the Max during Black Friday sales. Can't wait for the season to hurry and get here! When I added just the 750 lb bag midship the wave really came to life and got pretty big. Can't wait to see what adding 400 lbs to the rear + 540 to each midship will look like in person. Everyone who has added the kit says it's well worth it and completely transforms the wave and power of the wave. I will do a video of the install and of course water tests.

Here's what the wave looked like after adding it to this Max (two different rides at different heights but you get the idea). No idea of his surf settings but wave looks good, clean and long with push all the way back in the curl....

View attachment 108647View attachment 108648View attachment 108649View attachment 108650
Damn nice!

tabbibus

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
SA looks nicer! Just my two cents!

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Got my Wakemakers shipping confirmation today and the bags will arrive tomorrow. That's some fast shipping for free ground!

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Oh yea we cooking with fire now!! Damn the wait during the off season is going to SUCK!

F54491A8-7D09-40D1-83CF-29BD2878CD30.jpeg

d_coyne1984

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I am replacing my rear 450 lb bags with 1000 lb-ers. I also capitalized on the black friday specials from Wakemeakers. I am freakin' stoked! That will take my total ballast up to 4000lbs. If I don't sink it, my wave capability should be wicked for a 21' boat. This season I used my tabs primarily to list the boat where as now I shouldn't need to worry about listing much and will be able to use them for really shaping the wake. @haknslash what does that Wakemakers package bring your ballast load up to on that tank? What did she come with from the factory?

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Mine came with 3,000 lbs stock and now it will have 4,480. The WM upgrade is 1,200 lb bags in the rear lockers and 540 lb bags midship. Can’t freakin wait to try it out!! What sucks is I spent an entire summer learning the system and dialing in my boat settings so now I get to do it all over again lol. At least this time it shouldn’t take me near as long to dial in since I understand what my boat and hull typically like in regards to pitch and roll. I’ll likely buy 200-500 lbs of lead as well to add to the water ballast.

2020 Max’s can now come with up to 4,000 lbs if you option for it with G6 ballast pump system. They basically added two 500 lb bags midship like the Makai and WM Max kit. Stock is still 3,000 lbs if you don’t option G6 pumps.

Last edited:

d_coyne1984

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Mine came with 3,000 lbs stock and now it will have 4,480. The WM upgrade is 1,200 lb bags in the rear lockers and 540 lb bags midship. Can’t freakin wait to try it out!! What sucks is I spent an entire summer trying to learn and dial in my boat settings so now I get to do it all over again lol. At least this time it shouldn’t take me near as long to dial in since I understand what my boat and hull typically like in regards to pitch and roll. I’ll likely buy 200-500 lbs of lead as well to add to the water ballast.
Noice! It's a great problem to have though! I am praying I can get out early and get things all dialed in and figured out before the water temps warm up to wetsuit temps. If we have a late ice out like we did this past season I might start setting tire fires to get this global warming thing really moving. #NorthPeopleProblems

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Noice! It's a great problem to have though! I am praying I can get out early and get things all dialed in and figured out before the water temps warm up to wetsuit temps. If we have a late ice out like we did this past season I might start setting tire fires to get this global warming thing really moving. #NorthPeopleProblems
I did an insurance lay-up until March so even if we get a nice warm day before then I won’t be able to test it. I stored my boat at my dealer during the winter and paid for storage until March and it’s shrink wrapped so I’m stuck having to wait as well. I have to drill some holes for the ballast tubing to fit through my midship bulkhead but install looks like a 30 minute or 2-3 beer job :)

I hope your new setup gets you a killer wave without the need to list the boat as much. It is nice not being leaned over. Be sure to post some pics and vids after the install!

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Found some vids of a Max with the WM upgrade but can’t link it because it’s in a closed group so it won’t show up here. Really transforms the wave to a beast IMO. Nice and long with plenty of push from front to back. This guy is well over 6’ and 290 lbs for size perspective.

5301F5BC-15FA-4DC2-A0B3-9EF26454AE98.jpeg20765A75-DC38-42E0-B08A-5CDE7E9664DC.jpegDCDD9372-5475-4A67-B5C7-61FA1D443DF5.jpeg