• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Thoughts and demo rides of wake / towsports boats: Moomba Max, Axis A22, MB Sports

suke

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Dang! 36 gallon tank must be nice. It’s wild how truck prices have gotten crazy expensive... just like wake boats. I should probably find a cheaper hobby 🤣🤣

I can get supplier pricing from any of the Big 3. Seems like that might be clutch this year if I decide to go new. The limited inventory (both new and used) means there aren’t any deals to be had right now.
Love all the features of maxtow. Make sure the integrated trailer brake, and trailer assist are there as well. You may not use it, but it's great for resale. Also has the locking rear axle. Supplier pricing is going to be clutch this year. Pre covid you could get 10k off sticker without even trying. Hell you could get 14k off MSRP if you negotiated a little bit. I bought my truck pre covid and got it for 34k OTD with 40k miles on it. They started at 38k. I can trade my truck in right now for more than I paid last year.

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Just ordered a set of Chaos Large Flares fins in quad setup for the Neo. Can't wait to try them out! I went with the smoke color since he doesn't have red. Should still match pretty good but more importantly I can't wait to feel the difference compared to the Futures. Anyone else running Chaos fins? Nick was really helpful in what I should get based off my skill, size and board. I was going to get some Blackstix but they are sold out everywhere and these have pretty good reputation based off reviews I've read. These were slightly cheaper than the Blackstix as well by $10 so I'll take it!

chaos flare fins.jpg

OrangeTJ

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Just ordered a set of Chaos Large Flares fins in quad setup for the Neo. Can't wait to try them out! I went with the smoke color since he doesn't have red. Should still match pretty good but more importantly I can't wait to feel the difference compared to the Futures. Anyone else running Chaos fins? Nick was really helpful in what I should get based off my skill, size and board. I was going to get some Blackstix but they are sold out everywhere and these have pretty good reputation based off reviews I've read. These were slightly cheaper than the Blackstix as well by $10 so I'll take it!

View attachment 148058
followiing!

d_coyne1984

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length

View attachment 148058
I just started a batch of 3D printed fins that I am looking forward to trying out. It's pretty crazy what good fins cost. What is the height on those?

Last edited:

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
You’re going to need to be sure your 3D printed parts have the flex and “spring” you want which is a big ingredient on the drive and overall performance. There is a lot that goes into a fun, not only the geometry but the materials and weight to consider.

Link to the large fins and there are dimensions at the bottom Chaos Wakesurf Fin™ - Flare Fin - Large — Chaos Surf Company

You can see these have a unique cant and foil shape.

74513154-A0F7-421E-9B7A-797F0A508BDB.jpegA8756E0B-5952-4EFF-A35E-F2D8DF19B783.jpeg

Last edited:

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Damn that SA is CLEAN!

MattFX4

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Holy Schnikeys!!!! That thing is beyond awesome! What lake is that? Looks very pretty.
Lake Allatoona, GA. Yep it's a sweet boat. Looks awesome in person.

tabbibus

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
hot!

cozilla

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
@MattFX4 sick boats. I have seen the black one posted on the FB group and insta.

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Y’all should bring them on over to Lake Martin during August 2nd-6th as we will be down for the whole week :)

This will be our view from the dock at the house we rented 👍

BAC798FD-91E1-4BE0-BD8F-ED40C8D88F5C.jpeg

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Well after speaking with another Max owner who has added additional overflow venting for his ballast setup I decided to make some changes to my upcoming overflow vent for the ballast system, which of course meant spending yet more $$ with Wakemakers this morning (B.O.A.T. :D). New plumbing schematic I'm going to try below. Not shown but I'm also going to move my ballast water sensor to in between the check valve and the Tee fitting so the system will shutoff the pumps only when water is literally about to pour out the overflow through hull fitting.

Also verified which direction of flow is on the check valves by blowing air in them. I realized after the fact that I could have just stuck my finger in there to feel which way the flapper inside moves...or just looked at the bulge or large side of the housing and realize it's larger to allow for the flapper to rotate and fold over. I marked the flow direction on the check valves so I won't forget or make a mistake while installing inside the boat next week :D.

sleek98

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Finally was brave enough to get in the water. Was 48 last time we were out. This weekend was 60 degree temps and 80 air temp.

First attempt Saturday was a bust, wife was going wot from the hit and I was just superman flying off. Got super windy and I got tired of eating water so we called it and let the kids tube.

This morning I wasn’t going to give up. Tried moving my feet a little bit was still flying off. Got tired and she wanted to try. I tried easing into the throttle but waited to long to hit it. Third try I got the timing right and she was up.

Knowing that she was able to get me up the first time when I jumped back in. I need to move the lead around as the wave as mine was much smaller than hers and she kept saying auto wake was telling her can’t hit amplitude. Guess I should have taught her some of the screens before jumping in. 312A6FA0-3D31-4733-A3B3-17A2A05D616C.jpeg73D2DC75-9A2D-43E2-8923-33DDDDBB4CDB.jpeg

Last edited:

sleek98

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
@sleek98 which boat and how much lead?
2021 moomba mojo. 300# in the back of the port bench seat storage and 200# in the back of the starboard bench seat storage area.

when I got back in the boat, the bags were 50% front. 40% port and 100% stbd. Had it set to 9.5 pitch ans -1.5 roll. 100% amp

I am going to move all the lead over to the starboard side so the port bag will fill more, that should get the front to fill more as well

cozilla

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Good deal. I have a 2021 Mojo as well and waiting on 500#s of lead to be delivered. We usually have a light crew and need the extra weight to get the amp up.

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
If you have a light crew or not enough lead to compensate then you won’t hit 100% amplitude or pitch for AutoWake. When Autowake can’t achieve the set pitch and roll it will try and compensate by dumping ballast to achieve those number. You end up with less ballast in the boat which means less displacement. AutoWake it mainly a tool to use and try to consistently achieve the same wave every time. The trick though is that it #1 needs weight on the boat first for the system to be used properly. Wether that weight comes from people onboard (medium to large crew) or comes from lead is the same as what the system sees.

For your boat the recipe is probably the same as most others. I would probably start with some bias towards the bow than the stern. That will help you hit the 8.5-9 degree pitch. For instance I bought 500 lbs of lead by 300 of it is in the bow and 200 is in the stern under the rear bags. I’ll fine tune placement of the lead once we get on the water but from everything I’ve read they like to have a little bow weight bias as you already have more rear bias in the factory system. The running attitude of the boat will already add a little pitch so it makes sense adding lead to bring the front down.

At the end of the day what you want is running 100% or near full ballast all around and use your lead (or people) to fine tune the pitch. The roll usually takes care of itself once the surf tab is deployed so I’d focus on pitch as you’re likely already hitting your roll numbers. Your amplitude gauge probably shows your actual is below the 100% set point. In order to hit 100% amplitude (actual) you will need a heavy boat (full crew or way more than stock ballast).

We don’t use Autowake much as we run a light crew and even with the upgraded Wakemakers kit last year I could not consistently hit the pitch I wanted without it trying to dump rear ballast which effectively means less displacement and thus smaller less powerful wave. Took me a good while of tinkering and watching some Wake9 videos on Autowake and loading up a boat to understand how to use the system for the time being. I only use it for a second to check my pitch and roll sometimes. Now that I’ve added more lead I’m hoping I can begin to use the system more since I’ll have more weight in the bow. We will see. I’ve since learned how to manukau setup the wave so it’s not as needed but it will be nice to use it once I have enough weight that it can keep most water in the bags.

Last edited:

cozilla

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Yep that is what we are experiencing. Hopefully can get it dialed in a little bit better once I get the lead in the boat.