• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Thoughts and demo rides of wake / towsports boats: Moomba Max, Axis A22, MB Sports

OrangeTJ

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
congrats @MGoMike !! Those are some surf beasts for sure and bet you can’t wait.

We just got down to our lake rental today. Staying until next Friday. Storms rolled in as soon as we got here so I’ll have to go get the boat tomorrow morning from storage just down the road. It’s going to be awesome during the week when all the lake traffic is gone!

B23147FE-F246-4881-850F-B4563FC6592B.jpeg

MGoMike

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Congrats! And welcome to the MB family! I bet you are going to love it! As a note, I'm on the MB forum under the same name.
Thanks! I just joined the MB forum under my same name. I’ve been lurking on there for a while. I decided to officially join now that I pulled the trigger.

MGoMike

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
congrats @MGoMike !! Those are some surf beasts for sure and bet you can’t wait.

We just got down to our lake rental today. Staying until next Friday. Storms rolled in as soon as we got here so I’ll have to go get the boat tomorrow morning from storage just down the road. It’s going to be awesome during the week when all the lake traffic is gone!

View attachment 158758
That’s a nice looking spot! We are heading up North next Saturday for a long summer vacation. For a place for a week off of Torch Lake in Michigan then 4 more days on Lake Charlevoix. Both are on the water with a dock and/or lift. It’s both a last hurrah for our Yamaha and a reconnaissance mission to figure out which spot we like best for the MB for next summer.

And totally agree on your surf beast comment. We demoed a B52 Alpha before putting our deposit down. The thing is built like a tank and the surf wave out of the box is amazing. On the Yamaha I have to work pretty hard to stay in the pocket. When I fall out I’m liable to submarine the nose of the board. The MB surfed so nice during the demo that after a while I decided to start doing crazy stuff just to end the ride. Felt like I could have surfed it all day.

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Now you will know what leg pump feels like after a day of surfing a big wave! Longest session I’ve been able to do was 45 minutes before my quads felt like they were on fire :D. As you’ve now witnessed it’s night and day compared to your Yamaha wave. Much less setup makes the surfing so much more enjoyable and of course having a better wave to learn and play on.

You’re going to love it! MB’s are really nice boats and are built solid. If we had decent dealer here I would have given them a much harder look. Enjoy your last days on the Yamaha. Torch lake looks amazing if it’s the same lake I’m thinking I’ve seen where the water is super blue.

Going to pickup the boat first thing tomorrow morning and get her in the water. I reached out to my dealer here for some extra lead this week but they don’t have anymore at this location. I was going to grab another 200-300 lbs but I may just bring the 750 lb fat sac out and manually fill it. That would put me at like 5,800 lbs of ballast or around 11k lbs displacement. Should be fun!

Last edited:

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
My first time trying ollies off the lip. I got 3 of them before eating it :D

Saving someone from a bad day a little later on...

CA6A38A8-246F-4E99-9A07-A777C40F10D3.jpeg

Last edited:

OrangeTJ

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length

View attachment 158758
Hard to beat a vacation at a lakehouse with a boat dock!

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
@OrangeTJ I wished I had 2 GoPro’s so I could have double the footage. Not sure how high I got but it was fun. Nothing like the air’s the veteran riders can do :D. Felt like I was a teenager again riding skateboards and doing ollies off stuff....even if I’m just a middle aged fat guy these days lol.

Yes it’s a Weimar doing vacations like this. We scoped this location a few times on day trips and once I saw the sloughs and low traffic I had to pick this house.It doesn’t have the big water aerial views from the place we rented last year but it’s sooooo much better suited for quick access to glassy waters and minimal boat traffic. I do wish the owners had cut their dang grass though! We’ve had a lot of rain in July and it kind of shows in their lawn lol. Not a big deal we just avoid the tall grass and use the walk paths. Only an issue when walking the dog around the house. Minor nitpick but overall it’s a killer spot especially for watersports or swimming.:winkingthumbsup"

BTW I can’t appreciate how much I love prop walk. People get apprehensive about driving these boats around docks but once you learn the in and out of gear you can rotate them or walk them sideways with ease. Takes long to dock on the left and more technical but not impossible. That being said I’ll dock to the right all day and let the prop do it’s thing!

OrangeTJ

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Agree. Absolutely love the handling of our MB and every other v-drive wakeboat I've driven. They track arrow straight at all speeds in every condition I've encountered, steer predictably and easily, and once the prop walk is understood it can be used to great advantage for docking, etc..

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I still can’t get over how much of a difference swapping fins made. It is truly crazy how something so small can have such a big impact. If the weather holds off tomorrow I’m going to try running it as a twin and see how they do. Running it as a quad I get tons of drive and it tracks very aggressive but predictable. I’ll report back how loose it gets with just the twin fins in. Loving this vacation and it’s going to suck once it’s over and back to the work grind :(

9A39AFAE-71D0-4F62-915E-962E56A305BA.jpeg
25DEAAAA-BBE6-4C81-B90A-E179F0BA6835.jpeg

Last edited:

Crob83

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length

Attachments

ripler

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
MasterCraft
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I still can’t get over how much of a difference swapping fins made. It is truly crazy how something so small can have such a big impact. If the weather holds off tomorrow I’m going to try running it as a twin and see how they do. Running it as a quad I get tons of drive and it tracks very aggressive but predictable. I’ll report back how loose it gets with just the twin fins in. Loving this vacation and it’s going to suck once it’s over and back to the work grind :(

View attachment 159039
View attachment 159041
@haknslash Do you take a comb out there so you hair looks perfect for these pics?

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
LMAO that’s some funny shit! :D :D

Cambo

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
I still can’t get over how much of a difference swapping fins made. It is truly crazy how something so small can have such a big impact. If the weather holds off tomorrow I’m going to try running it as a twin and see how they do
Is that the Doomswell neo? that wave is easily three times the size of the yamaha Tuesday, August 03, 2021.jpg

The Moomba wake is huge

Copy of IMG_2311.JPG

cozilla

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length

View attachment 159039
View attachment 159041
@haknslash when I got my Chaos fins they left out the nub fins so have been riding my Neo as a twin. You will love it. A little bit slippery at first but you will get used to it quickly. Still very fast.

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
@haknslash when I got my Chaos fins they left out the nub fins so have been riding my Neo as a twin. You will love it. A little bit slippery at first but you will get used to it quickly. Still very fast.
Did you order as a quad? If so they should have included them. If you ordered as a twinzer they’ll only send the two larger fins. I pulled the nubsters off last night and will give it a go as a twin today :)

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Is that the Doomswell neo? that wave is easily three times the size of the yamaha View attachment 159060

The Moomba wake is huge

View attachment 159061
Yup it’s a Neo with Chaos Flare fins. Love this board now that I’ve swapped out the fins. I had the Nubstep as well but prefer the Neo a little better. Seems to not catch the front as easily.

Yea the wave is pretty nuts when the water is good. That is with just the wife and 11 year old daughter onboard. We don’t have folks on the boat with the virus crap going on but one day it will be nice to see what she will look like with a few bodies onboard. There are some things I miss on the Yamaha but filling and wrestling with those big ass transom bags is not one of them!! Flip a switch, setup the wave and go!