• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Thoughts and demo rides of wake / towsports boats: Moomba Max, Axis A22, MB Sports

cozilla

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Did you order as a quad? If so they should have included them. If you ordered as a twinzer they’ll only send the two larger fins. I pulled the nubsters off last night and will give it a go as a twin today :)
When I ordered they were out of town and were out of the nubsters so the person doing the shipping only sent the large fins. They sent me a refund for the nubsters. So it all worked out in the end. Enjoy the shred!

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Man I love Ultra Blue Flake! I never get to see my boat in motion and watch it pop. Went out for a solo cruise to play around with some new surf settings and the wife and daughter decided to film me coming in.

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Trying out new surf setup early this morning. I was solo on the boat and can’t wait to try this new setup out! Longer and cleaner than what I normally run. My boat is tall AF so it’s hard to gauge the size until someone is back there or camera off to the side but that’s a big wave right there!

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Tried out the twin fin setup and it definitely loosens the board up. I did notice a small loss in drive but that makes sense when there are less fins to generate speed. Ultimately I went back to the quads as I’m able to push off the wave better with them. Probably just need some seat time with the twin setup.

Trued out new GoPro position to give my daughter a much needed break. Used the suction cup on the transom.

13694633-C348-470C-A6CD-26A12BDDB4F9.jpegD20B155E-F6F6-4F4F-B191-1DBF5FD88CEA.jpeg

When the wife turned us around at the end of the slough at 11.5 that thing got stupid big lol!!!

0C8680F5-61F9-4097-97E0-99BCB8F03612.jpeg

Last edited:

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Y’all see the 2022 redesigned Supra SL that dropped yesterday?

As someone who does 3D modeling and animations for a living I loved their marketing release video!

Here is the promo highlight video. Pretty sharp boat. Like a big brother SA but different enough body lines to stand out.

d_coyne1984

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I see a new boat in my future. New Supreme S220 just released. 4400 lbs of ballast from the factory! I'm a little disappointed that they recycled the weird ZS dash, but other than that, she's a beaut!

MGoMike

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
That Supra promo video is pretty sweet!

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Tomorrow is our last day here on vacation :(. Well technically Friday is checkout but I’ll have the boat back in storage tomorrow night. Got in a nice sunset cruise to cap off the day.

B3B46E32-AC53-4491-A3EC-861A2D335DEA.jpeg49D626FA-3B8E-4BEA-8DE9-027F4372D2FC.jpeg74C07D3D-2C6B-44C9-BEA3-A85A7B6EA847.jpegE619F9E1-C217-427A-B3DC-DAB8E401762B.jpeg0A6144C9-7801-42E7-8A5B-36675728E78B.jpeg

OrangeTJ

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I see a new boat in my future. New Supreme S220 just released. 4400 lbs of ballast from the factory! I'm a little disappointed that they recycled the weird ZS dash, but other than that, she's a beaut!

That Supreme looks awesome!

suke

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length

Supreme has been slowly creeping it's way into my list of eventually checking out. I like the look/fit and finish of the moombas, and wave of the axis, the supreme has started to be added to that list to check out.

OrangeTJ

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Looking at the hull shape and surf system of that Supreme, I'd imagine it would make a wave similar to our MB. Which is to say - awesome! Just my opinion but Axis and Malibu wakes look better than they surf. They are very clean and smooth but in my experience they lack the firmness of some other boats. They are excellent wakeboarding wakes, though.

suke

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Looking at the hull shape and surf system of that Supreme, I'd imagine it would make a wave similar to our MB. Which is to say - awesome! Just my opinion but Axis and Malibu wakes look better than they surf. They are very clean and smooth but in my experience they lack the firmness of some other boats. They are excellent wakeboarding wakes, though.
Yeah the size of the wave out of the box on the axis appears to be huge, compared to most other brands. My challenge is I do both, surf and wakeboard. I'll be fine if it does OK with wakeboarding and excels at surfing. Wakeboarding is more forgiving in the sense you don't need a massive wake. In any event I'm not going to get caught up in this buying craze. I want to be able to sit in and test these boats in real life before I spend that kind of money. So I'll keep plugging along in my 212x for now.

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Soooo I tried heelside today on the goofy wave. It felt like another planet and completely foreign. It’s like I didn’t know what to do with my feet. I have some video of it kicking my ass I’ll have to try and upload tomorrow when we get home lol. Also tried to swap sides with wife flipping the switch. I made it over but I went too early and the wave didn’t form yet. Been a great vacation and don’t want to go back to the grind! :(

Somber solo ride back to boat storage after a long week of boating...

EF56F752-3EE8-4194-83EA-49AE1EDC407D.jpeg

OrangeTJ

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Yeah the size of the wave out of the box on the axis appears to be huge, compared to most other brands. My challenge is I do both, surf and wakeboard. I'll be fine if it does OK with wakeboarding and excels at surfing. Wakeboarding is more forgiving in the sense you don't need a massive wake. In any event I'm not going to get caught up in this buying craze. I want to be able to sit in and test these boats in real life before I spend that kind of money. So I'll keep plugging along in my 212x for now.
The Axis wave looks great but honestly the Moomba, MB and others make a wave that is better for surfing. Best way I can characterize it from my own experience is the Axis/Malibu wave is like a great big marshmallow while some of these other boats feel more like a quarter pipe. To be clear, the Axis is still fun to ride, but when you ride something with a harder wave it is noticeable. It is important to actually ride the waves - not just view them. Looks can be deceiving.

OrangeTJ

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Soooo I tried heelside today on the goofy wave. It felt like another planet and completely foreign. It’s like I didn’t know what to do with my feet. I have some video of it kicking my ass I’ll have to try and upload tomorrow when we get home lol. Also tried to swap sides with wife flipping the switch. I made it over but I went too early and the wave didn’t form yet. Been a great vacation and don’t want to go back to the grind! :(

Somber solo ride back to boat storage after a long week of boating...

View attachment 159281
Trying to ride heelside makes me feel like a complete noob! Will be fun to figure it out, though.

Great pic.

suke

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
The Axis wave looks great but honestly the Moomba, MB and others make a wave that is better for surfing. Best way I can characterize it from my own experience is the Axis/Malibu wave is like a great big marshmallow while some of these other boats feel more like a quarter pipe. To be clear, the Axis is still fun to ride, but when you ride something with a harder wave it is noticeable. It is important to actually ride the waves - not just view them. Looks can be deceiving.
YUP! That's the plan. I plan to demo each one of the boats I intend to buy. So I'll be waiting until I'm able to do that. Our local tow boat dealer used to post up at my local lake all the time and offer demos. Had a couple boats there and would take people out. Obviously haven't seen that since covid.

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Finally back home from vacation. It sucked cleaning the boat today but it needed it after a week of heavy use. Here’s some surf footage I threw together...

J-RAD

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Put a deposit down today on a 2022 MB Sports B52 Alpha. Now the wait begins until next spring!

View attachment 158715View attachment 158716View attachment 158713
Okay, I've been gradually looking at the MB boats closer and closer throughout the year. I've avoided visiting our chatting with a dealer, because I know I'll start a process I'm not sure I'm ready for yet...

Mind answering a few questions?
  • Can you give me a ballpark on the going price of the B52?
  • What is financing one of these like? Do people get 20 year terms?
  • Is production returning to normal?
Sick looking boat, congratulations!