• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Thoughts on Price

allamerican149

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I have found a 2017 yamaha 212 limited S for $39,995 with 15 hours on the motors. It does have minor cosmetic issues where the boat rubbed against a doc along with one spot where a small chunk of the gelcoat has been taken off. (about the size of my thumb) Previous owner had it at his shore house and just didn't use it very much. Comes with a galvanized tandem axle trailer. Do you all think this is a fair price?

ZippyBoater

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
That is a great price. Have you had a chance to look at it? Where are you located? There may be an experienced member near the boat that can help.

adrianp89

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
Very good price, hard to find a SX or AR at that price.

Thermobrett

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
SX195
Boat Length
I just had a boat trader pop up for a 2022 SX190 for that price. Seems like you found a great deal.

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I have found a 2017 yamaha 212 limited S for $39,995 with 15 hours on the motors. It does have minor cosmetic issues where the boat rubbed against a doc along with one spot where a small chunk of the gelcoat has been taken off. (about the size of my thumb) Previous owner had it at his shore house and just didn't use it very much. Comes with a galvanized tandem axle trailer. Do you all think this is a fair price?
I would be VERY Cautious. That price is fantastic. If it is in good condition it is minimum $10,000 -12,000 under priced. If everything shakes out, you would be getting a great deal. A dealer would give him that at least probably more.

Thermobrett

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
SX195
Boat Length
I have always been cautious on used boats, but at 15hrs, you just passed your your first oil change. Not for nothing, does it come with any extras like lines, fenders, water sport toys? Sounds like it could have been an impulse buy and now trying to get rid of it?

Any maintenance records or can you get any info from the owner like compression? Maybe a video or two of the engines running with some water cycling through? I’m no mechanic, just thinking of some ideas with my thumbs.

FSH 210 Sport

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Was it wet slipped at his shore house?

Was it used in fresh water or salt water?

seanmclean

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Was it wet slipped at his shore house?

Was it used in fresh water or salt water?
This is the key question. Kept at his Jersey shore house, so most likely saltwater use. Was it stored in water or on a lift? I'd rule the former out entirely, and if the latter, take a close look around the engine bay and exposed metal parts for signs about how diligent they were about cleaning/flushing/etc.

FSH 210 Sport

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
This boat sounds like it could be a “barn find”… it’s always possible this is one of those rare dandy deals. Just be sure to inspect it thoroughly and be prepared to give it some TLC, meaning you should definitely pull the engine anodes and thermostats to avoid any bad days on the water. It also goes without saying to take it out on the water for a thorough sea trial.

ZippyBoater

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I found the boat in question on Boattrader.com and it seems like it was listed by a reputable dealer, but I can't find it on their web site. Hopefully it is still available. Maybe someone got lucky already.

Thermobrett

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
SX195
Boat Length
report back with the results!

Stevepro172

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I have a house down the Jersey shore. Sounds like a newbie boater. If it is close to LBI let me know and maybe I can check it out for you.

allamerican149

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I have a house down the Jersey shore. Sounds like a newbie boater. If it is close to LBI let me know and maybe I can check it out for you.
Appreciate the offer! We have a surveyor going tomorrow to check it out for us and give us a report (insurance will need it anyway). Hoping he doesn't find any major issues with the boat!