• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Reminder of the Thrust Vector and Lateral Thruster group buy through JetBoatPilot.....you only have Until AUGUST 31st. to get in on this group buy.
    With a Maximum discount of 35% this is the highest discount you can get on these, so don't miss out!
    So if you are looking to improve your steering-either forwards or in reverse.....this sale may be for you!  

Thank you Will @jetboatpilot for offering this exclusively to JETBOATERS.net members!

(You can click the X to the right to dismiss this notice)

Thru Hull Bilge Pump Fitting Size

sastocky

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Any recommendations or direct experience on exactly which thru hull fitting to use 2021 AR250 bilge pump? From reading it seems as though everyone is using a 1” OD fitting with a 3/4” barb for connection to the hose.

I am replacing the existing plastic fitting and installing a second bilge pump so I will be installing a second thru hull fitting.

I do know my existing hose is 3/4”. My new pump outlet is a 3/4” barb. I do not know what size hole is exiting on my boat. Haven't removed it yet.

Any recommendations or direct experience on exactly which thru hull fitting to use 2021 AR250 bilge pump? From reading it seems as though everyone is using a 1” OD fitting with a 3/4” barb for connection to the hose.

I am replacing the existing plastic fitting and installing a second bilge pump so I will be installing a second thru hull fitting.

I do know my existing hose is 3/4”. My new pump outlet is a 3/4” barb. I do not know what size hole is exiting on my boat. Haven't removed it yet.

I did the same thing you are doing but I don’t remember the thru hull fitting dimensions go to GemLux’s web site and find the thru hull fitting you need and there is a tab on each thru hull fittings page with dimensional drawings.

I've got the same(ish) boat ... this is the fitting I used. Easy install with no problems. I also added a second pump and outlet and they look nice together.

Attwood 66547-3
That seems awfully long. Gemlux has shorter ones.

Could be shorter, I suppose, but it's never occurred to me it's too long. A little extra thread makes installation that much easier and they are not subject to any heavy stress. 🤷‍♂️

Attachments

• IMG_5598.jpg
    IMG_5598.jpg
    2.8 MB · Views: 22
  • IMG_5603.jpg
    IMG_5603.jpg
    3.5 MB · Views: 20
Could be shorter, I suppose, but it's never occurred to me it's too long. A little extra thread makes installation that much easier and they are not subject to any heavy stress. 🤷‍♂️
I purchased these thru the hull fittings. I didn’t have to enlarge the hull. The longer fitting actually did help clear the blower hoses. Thanks @BlueBulls !

Attachments

• IMG_0503.jpeg
    IMG_0503.jpeg
    3 MB · Views: 6
  • IMG_0501.jpeg
    IMG_0501.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 7
  • IMG_0526.jpeg
    IMG_0526.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 7
Back