• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

To sell now or wait?

bubbasuwannee

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Wife and I plan on ordering a 23 FSH 222 Sport so we'll have to sell our 21 FSH 195 Sport. Plenty of boating season left here in NC. Trying to decide whether to go ahead and sell and roll the dice on how long it'll take for that boat to come in. Ideally, we'd like the new boat to come in next Spring and we can sell our boat then. We're wanting to roll the proceeds into the new boat of course.

The 21 FSH 195 was our first boat and it's been a blast, but more trips out at the coast...we know we could benefit from a larger boat. Originally were planning on a 252, but then these new models came out.

11E62672-6DED-4D2D-B119-AFB3CEB719DF.jpg

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I would hold. No way to determine when new boats will be coming in.

Judge

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
275SD
Boat Length
After serious difficulty trying to find a '22 275SD over the past month or so.... reading the horror stories of people putting money down last summer for '22's only to have their orders cancelled the past couple weeks... and even having a dealer that didn't want to take my money on a deposit because delivery was so sketchy and the price increases were all over the map..... there is no way I would be selling a boat in hand if I wanted to be boating a lot over the next 6 - 12 months.

Supply chain issues are far from resolved.... especially on the chip side. I think that is why Yamaha told dealers a couple weeks ago there would be no more '22's coming. Counting on a boat being delivered in the spring is pretty risky IMO.

MrBubbaGump

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I held my old boat until I had took delivery of the new one. Only took about a month to sell after that, and that was mostly because I was gone a bunch. To be fair I did have a buddy who let me keep my old boat at his house once I got the new one. But boating is year round here in Florida and I didn't want to be without a boat!

bubbasuwannee

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Definitely inclined to just hold onto what we have, but worried somewhat about decreasing value. Granted it's a boat and isn't meant to hold value that well anyways, but we're hoping to net a decent amount when we sell it.

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Definitely inclined to just hold onto what we have, but worried somewhat about decreasing value. Granted it's a boat and isn't meant to hold value that well anyways, but we're hoping to net a decent amount when we sell it.
Probably get less right now, end of season and new year just came out. Once they don't start showing up and there is a shortage it will lift the prices a bit I would think.

FSH 210 Sport

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
A bird in the hand is worth two in the bush as the old saying goes…

I think @MrBubbaGump has the right idea! Keep enjoying the boat you have and making those great memories (great picture by the way) while waiting for the 222 FSH to come in. You could always go put down a deposit or perhaps you will find one of them at a boat show and you could buy it there if you were so inclined.

bubbasuwannee

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
A bird in the hand is worth two in the bush as the old saying goes…

I think @MrBubbaGump has the right idea! Keep enjoying the boat you have and making those great memories (great picture by the way) while waiting for the 222 FSH to come in. You could always go put down a deposit or perhaps you will find one of them at a boat show and you could buy it there if you were so inclined.
For sure! Yea that picture was taken off the coast of NC. Water was really smooth that day.

Jim_in_Delaware

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
I think if you want to maximize your dollar return on the boat sell it now.

Honestly, however, if it was me I would enjoy the boat for the remainder of this season and the beginning of next season until your new boat comes in. I think enjoying the boat until the new one comes in, is well worth the money it might cost.

Jim