• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Top Down Rear View Mirror?

BareHand42Style

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
I just was scrolling through Amazon and found that cipa and bracket on Amazon for $65. Its used or has a imperfection. But for that price who cares. Win win for me

RobbieO

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212SE
Boat Length
I have had the same issue, fantastic mirror (CIPA 180 - really the best I know of) - but... IN MY FACE.
I moved it to the passenger side and LOVE it there. It is big enough and with the right angle - actually just about perfect and any speed for any type of observation. Perfect location, but need a BIG panoramic mirror.
I believe it was @Williamsone46's and/or suggestion I followed, just trying to give credit, it is such a simple solution but I would never had thought of it.

Not the greatest pic but the best I could find right now, you get the picture.
View attachment 78798

--
There’s a grill on that boat somewhere! Nice

swatski

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

RobbieO

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212SE
Boat Length

RobbieO

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212SE
Boat Length

zipper

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boston Whaler
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
We keep our magma newport in its bag stowed in the starboard cockpit locker aft. It slides in nicely, AR230, between the engine bulkhead and the hull, under the pisser hoses. It stays put there and does not move.

20170617_142213.jpg

RobbieO

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212SE
Boat Length
Jealous....

kgower

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
222SE
Boat Length

RobbieO

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212SE
Boat Length
Awesome...thank you

slickstick

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212X
Boat Length
I've been waiting for Yamaha to replace my mirror under YES since September. After several calls to the dealer and Yamaha customer service nobody seems to care so at this point I'm about ready to chalk the warranty up as useless and buy one.

Jerlane

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Bumping this old thread…
So I picked up a Cipa 01609 mirror for my ‘14 AR190 and the mount won’t clamp down tight enough on my windshield. Is there supposed to be a shim of some sort with it or does it not work on the older models?

biffdotorg

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Bumping this old thread…
So I picked up a Cipa 01609 mirror for my ‘14 AR190 and the mount won’t clamp down tight enough on my windshield. Is there supposed to be a shim of some sort with it or does it not work on the older models?
I would kill two birds with one stone and cut a piece of HDP or rubber inner tube to add thickness and protect the windshield. These are universal fit, but they cannot anticipate all MFG's.

Good luck

swatski

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
how do you like grilling on the boat
To be honest - not really grilling, more like heating things up, mostly hotdogs. Nothing greasy that drips or burns, I'm too lazy and clean up is too much, I store the grill in a duffel bag.
Love it though and it's always a hit. Works in calm water only.

drewkaree

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I would kill two birds with one stone and cut a piece of HDP or rubber inner tube to add thickness and protect the windshield. These are universal fit, but they cannot anticipate all MFG's.

Good luck
The mount for my mirror is a RAM that came with the mirror, and I can confirm that this is exactly what they did - mine was included, but it wasn't the same mirror being mentioned. If I can get on the water tomorrow, I'll try to remember to snap a pic. Just a glorified piece of rubber