• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Trolling motor Install

Naut Krazy

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
2022 210 FSH

I ordered the PARKHO HASING 24V 60” 80lbs Cayman Trolling motor. I chose this one for the price point. I was expecting it to not have the features on the remote like a few of the more well-known brands. To my surprise, I have ALL the same features as the others plus the APP. I had to custom make a mount to support the weight. Mount is ½ in aluminum with a ¼ in backing plate. Weight is 52lbs total. I placed the battery in the dry storage compartment in front of the live well. I chose two 12V Lithium 100AH batteries. So far so good. The anchor lock holds the boat just fine. I was not prepared when I hit the button, the boat turned 180 degrees then held. The boat steers very well with a quick response. I will update as I continue to use the motor and the app. Hope this helps.

Attachments

Fish for Dinner

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
How is that particular trolling motor doing for you? I’m trying not to spend much on the one I buy as well. Some of these trolling motors like the Minn Kotas are expensive but I do like the wireless features, especially the spot lock. Did you install it yourself? If so, did you do a tutorial video on it? I’ve never installed one before but I’m up for a challenge. I have the 2021 210 FSH sport.

Naut Krazy

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
How is that particular trolling motor doing for you? The motor works great! I have zero complaints. I too was a bit nervous about this off brand. It has held me offshore and inshore. The one time it didn't hold me was in a 3-knot current and 10mph sustained winds.
Did you install it yourself? If so, did you do a tutorial video on it?
Yes, I did. I'm pretty handy but I looked into a boat shop for the installation, they were quoting me at $145/hr at 7 hours and the 2nd quote was $110/hr at 3 hours minimum. I don't really like people separating me from my money so I figured it out myself. 8 hours and boat yoga later it was installed. You can do it I promise. And people think it was professionally installed. No video but feel free to reach out to me. Happy to help.

Last edited by a moderator:

FSH 210 Sport

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
?

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@Naut Krazy a buddy of mine has had two of those motors and both of burned up. The one he bought and the one he received when he bitched about it to the MFG. Otherwise I have no other information for you. He switched to the Minn Kota terrova for a couple hundred more. He only boats in fresh water off a 21' foot boat. Hoping you have better luck with them.

Naut Krazy

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
@Naut Krazy a buddy of mine has had two of those motors and both of burned up. The one he bought and the one he received when he bitched about it to the MFG. Otherwise I have no other information for you. He switched to the Minn Kota terrova for a couple hundred more. He only boats in fresh water off a 21' foot boat. Hoping you have better luck with them.
I can't say anything negative. I fish only saltwater inshore and off. Handles 2 ft swells and waves no problem. Hate that happened to you buddy.

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I can't say anything negative. I fish only saltwater inshore and off. Handles 2 ft swells and waves no problem. Hate that happened to you buddy.
You may have a better experience. The difference in price for a couple hundred dollars, I would personally go with the one of the leaders in trolling motor arena. With that being said, definitely interested in hearing more after a season or two of use from you.