• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Trolling Motor on an AR240??

subysti

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Anyone ever mount a trolling motor on an AR240?? We fish a lot but I cannot see changing over to a FSH because we want a tolling motor. I was thinking of mounting on the swim deck as thats closer to the water line and really the only flat spot to mount one. I also use a cover and want to be able to keep using it.

FSH 210 Sport

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Anyone ever mount a trolling motor on an AR240?? We fish a lot but I cannot see changing over to a FSH because we want a tolling motor. I was thinking of mounting on the swim deck as thats closer to the water line and really the only flat spot to mount one. I also use a cover and want to be able to keep using it.
@HangOutdoors did …

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Mine is on a 210, but you will get the idea of what I did. Wanted something aesthetically pleasing. Works great. Full write up in thread. Others have put on their Anchor Locker, which works. I just wanted to use the anchor locker and ladder while the trolling motor is on it.

Also I use my stock yamaha mooring cover and it works great.

20210616_172314 (1).jpg
20210620_102646 (2).jpg

subysti

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Wow, That looks great. Great write up also. That front mount doesn't wear through the mooring cover?

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
No it doesn't. I wrap a rag around it and hair tie, to be on the safe side, before I put the cover on.