• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Vantage Ceramic Coatings

FSH 210 Sport

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I got a few days of nice weather and was able to pull the boat out of the shop and remove the water spots from last season..

A little back ground. When I bought my boat over at River Valley Marine the salesman asked me if I wanted a permanent type of coating put on my boat. I asked him if he used it and he said yes, asked him if thought it was worth while to have it done, he said yes, so I said go ahead and apply it. Total cost for the product was $1400.

The coating is from a company called Vantage, I believe they are out of North Dakota. Over the summer I used my boat a lot, 2-3 trips a week to the lake and 12-14 hours on the water each time. I washed the boat several times, mainly just rinsed it when I got home from the lake. What I noticed after using the boat the last time in November was there were water spots on the hull.... after reading through numerous threads on the site about removing water spots and waxing I decided to go with the least chemically intensive way to remove the water spots, with vinegar and water.

I thought I should call Vantage and see what they had to say about my plan to get rid of the water spots. First I want to say that Lori at Vantage was very helpful and consulted their chemist as to how I should use the vinegar and water solution. After a very short time she called back with the direction from the chemist which was that vinegar and water can be used, but to be sure and rinse the solution off after removing the water spots so the acid that is vinegar would not damage the Vantage coating. The only two things that will remove the Vantage coating are physical force, as in a buffer wheel with a cutting compound, or chemically with acid. Soaps, sun, bird droppings, sap etc will not harm their product which is guaranteed for 5 years.

While I was on the phone with Lori, she offered to send me the bucket O goodies pictured below. The bottles are sample sized, but, there is enough in each sample bottle for several uses. I thought this was so generous and just added to the great customer service that Lori provided.

72CE8482-0974-4195-B9A2-6AEEBA5DA7C9.jpeg

Winter being what it is I had to wait for a day of good weather to bring the boat outside so I could get after the water spots. I used a solution of water and vinegar at a 1:1 ratio in a spray bottle. I started with the inside of the boat in the bow and worked my way back to the swim deck, man there were a lot of spots in the inside! After I was finished with the inside I rinsed it all down and then dried all of it with micro fiber towels. Moved on to the outside of the boat and began at the bow working my way to the stern. I sprayed the solution on the hull liberally and used a micro fiber towel soaked in the solution and rubbed gently on the hull. 90% of the water spots came off very quickly, the remaining 10% took another spritz and a little more elbow grease to get off. After that I rinsed the hull thoroughly and wiped it all down again with micro fiber towels.

The before pics are a little bit hard to see the water spots.

Before:

F052F073-B690-44D0-A9DD-3435234DF575.jpeg

ABBBC36B-6E9E-4AC6-9C50-220752727C96.jpeg

After: As you can see from the pics below the hull is shining like a new dime.

1615228917688.jpeg1615228917978.jpeg

I’m very happy with the Vantage product, and had I been a bit more on top of it I wouldn’t have had to deal with so many water spots all at once. Most likely these water spots would have embedded in the gelcoat and been very difficult to remove. The Vantage Diamond Ceramic coating prevented that from happening, so they could be easily removed. This next season I’ll be getting a CR Spotless de ionized water system to rinse with so the only water spots I’ll have to deal with are from the lake water.

did you wet slip or trailer and put it in and out? I am looking at doing the ceramic coat - I like Rejex but hearing good things about true pro baked on ceramics and lasting for 5+ years.

did you wet slip or trailer and put it in and out? I am looking at doing the ceramic coat - I like Rejex but hearing good things about true pro baked on ceramics and lasting for 5+ years.

I put my boat in and take it out the same day... Between the first of August and October I spent at least 300 hours on my boat last summer. I even did a bit of a no no in that I washed my boat using Dawn dishwashing soap a few times as I hadn’t secured proper boat washing soap, and the finish still looks great!

As I mentioned above, I had this coating put on before I took the boat home and after my test drive. Vantage has numerous certified dealers around the country. I’m really impressed with their customer service, they respond to my emails within an hour after I send them a question, usually within 15 minutes. Vantage seems very interested in me being happy with the product.

Back