• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Vinyl seat cleaner

dgbroyles @gmail.com

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Hey, what is the best vinyl seat cleaner out there and cleaner not protectant? Tons of protectants out there that claim they clean, but we all know they really don't clean, they shine and protect. Between adults and kids dirty feet, the seats just leave smug marks that the protectants don't pick up. What's everyone using?

mrcleanr6

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
275SD
Boat Length
Spraynine or zep purple industrial degreaser from home depot. The zep works great. Its really strong. Wear gloves and you need to water rinse. Spray nine works good but not as strong. Spray on wipe off.

dgbroyles @gmail.com

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Spraynine or zep purple industrial degreaser from home depot. The zep works great. Its really strong. Wear gloves and you need to water rinse. Spray nine works good but not as strong. Spray on wipe off.
Doesn't affect finish of vinyl?

RobbieO

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212SE
Boat Length
I can only speak from my own experience so far. My seats are still new but I wipe them down after every outing. I use Babe’s Seat Soap and it works great. Most of my clean up is scuffs, and where the seats rub when opening and closing. Then I wipe down with Babe’s Seat Saver. That’s what the dealer recommended so I tried it. I also use Babe’s Boat Bright and it’s awesome.

Huntersales

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Yes, Awesome is awesome. Try it for a dollar. You will be amazed!

RobbieO

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212SE
Boat Length

RobbieO

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212SE
Boat Length

FSH 210 Sport

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I’ve been using the Star Brite vinyl cleaner with great results. It does take a little bit of elbow grease, but the dirt that comes out onto the white terry cloth towel speaks for itself. A while ago I bought the Yamaha brand of vinyl protectant and I follow up with that.

Huntersales

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Totally serious. The first time we used it my wife thought she ruined our seats because where she sprayed it it worked so well it left streaks and she forgot how truly white our seats are! We sprayed down the rest of the seats used a hand brush and like new. Finished with 303 protector and done!

Wishfull1

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
LA’s Totally Awesome and this little leather brush. An aircraft detailer turned me on to this brush. I always thought my seats were clean with Awesome and microfiber, but you’ll be amazed how much more dirt comes out of your “clean” seats. I was.

dgbroyles @gmail.com

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
LA’s Totally Awesome and this little leather brush. An aircraft detailer turned me on to this brush. I always thought my seats were clean with Awesome and microfiber, but you’ll be amazed how much more dirt comes out of your “clean” seats. I was.
Awesome must be the real deal. Will try it!

swatski

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
nope. I use the zep stuff for everything. Its also the best cleaner for the seadek/marine mat as well
I want to say thank you, @mrcleanr6 - what a great tip!

I had to try it, as I'm always searching for better products, cleaning vinyl being a particular challenge.

I had a bad, bad discoloration on the stern seats - a couple of weeks ago we inadvertently left a dripping wet 3-person tube sitting on top of those where it ended up sitting overnight - and it left a nasty, redish-pinkish imprint - ARGH. One of those I figured - this is never coming off...

Well, 5-6 applications of the ZEP cleaner over some 2 hour period, admittedly with some serious elbow grease on top - the freaking stains are GONE. I could not believe my eyes. Thanks a bunch!

--

mrcleanr6

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
275SD
Boat Length
I want to say thank you, @mrcleanr6 - what a great tip!

I had to try it, as I'm always searching for better products, cleaning vinyl being a particular challenge.

I had a bad, bad discoloration on the stern seats - a couple of weeks ago we inadvertently left a dripping wet 3-person tube sitting on top of those where it ended up sitting overnight - and it left a nasty, redish-pinkish imprint - ARGH. One of those I figured - this is never coming off...

Well, 5-6 applications of the ZEP cleaner over some 2 hour period, admittedly with some serious elbow grease on top - the freaking stains are GONE. I could not believe my eyes. Thanks a bunch!

--

No sweat!! Glad that worked out for you.