• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Waiting on Irma....

OCMD

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Hang in there! And thanks for sharing the videos. Keep 'em coming if you are able.

swatski

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

Speedling

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
I know my generator goes about 8-9 hours depending on load so if you get low on fuel turn off everything you can!
I spent most of the night looking at photos from space which was pretty cool! Eye of the storm is indeed crazy!
Also watching hurricane jose, not to get anyone more worried but yeah, there is another one out there. Glad i don't get that stuff up here. Come winter and 3+ feet of lake effect snow the rolls will be reversed!

ClemsonTiger

REJECTED / BANNED
REJECTED / BANNED
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
She survived. Can't say the same for other boats at the marina. Canvas & Bimini tops are either gone or ripped to shreds.

Saw a sailboat washed ashore and a cabin cruiser marooned on an island up Loxahatchee.

IMG_0869.JPG
IMG_0871.JPG

0627Devildog

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Classifieds Moderator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

adrianp89

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
No damage to the boat here. Cover seems a little more loose, maybe it will tighten up with some sun.

Murf'n'surf

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Watched the entire thing from on my patio. Wild ride. I'll post video when I get a solid connection.

IMG_4242.JPG

IMG_4252.JPG

IMG_4261.JPG

Watched the homes across the lake get blitzed by wind and crushed their pool cages like a tin can.

jcyamaharider

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
WOW!!! The power of mother nature.

Drift Away

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
All well here. No major damage. And yes @swatski I have many many fuel cans now a little lesson I learned over the summer on a vacation. if I run out of those I have 50 gallons sitting in a $55,000 fuel can.

AZDANSX230HO

Passed Away
In Memoriam-RIP
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
All well here. No major damage. And yes @swatski I have many many fuel cans now a little lesson I learned over the summer on a vacation. if I run out of those I have 50 gallons sitting in a $55,000 fuel can.
I keep 30 gallons of gasoline and 30 gallons of diesel stored all of the time for just in case purposes and keep the boat full after every trip, does not matter where you live it's a practical thing to do, as well as storing extra food & water.

CraigAR

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Boat came out fine! My super screen cage was untouched. All the extra preparations paid off! Had to run the generator for 27 hours, finally got power back on. 20170911_114909.jpg
20170911_114853.jpg
The boy and I playing Madden 17' thanks to the generator.
20170910_195015.jpg

Britboater

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Nicely tied down there @CraigAR , I strapped mine to the lift but was worried about flying debris.

What cover is that, I've got a deluxe mooring cover but its black, which I'm not happy about in the intense Florida sun, I was expecting it to rip after having two seasons, it didn't though.

Mystic1906

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
We here in Orlando got beat up a little bit but no more than I expected. Lots of downed trees and some damage to my roof. Important things are that my family is good and nothing happened to the boat. Compared to others I can't complain one bit.

Not sure when we can get back on the water cause most of the places we boat at have experienced some damage of varying levels.

Cobra Jet Steering LLC

Jetboaters Admiral
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
Borrowing someone's laptop, no power for days and no word on when it will be back up, so no cable or phones or internet. sending out orders as usual but I can.t send emails so I am sending tracking numbers directly via pay pal , L believe I have one phone working as of today after I got creative but no guarantee if it will keep working just a heads up.

swatski

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Borrowing someone's laptop, no power for days and no word on when it will be back up, so no cable or phones or internet. sending out orders as usual but I can.t send emails so I am sending tracking numbers directly via pay pal , L believe I have one phone working as of today after I got creative but no guarantee if it will keep working just a heads up.
Jeff - man, that sounds rough! Hope they can get the grid back up and running ASAP.

--

tim h

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Trophy
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
I hauled my boat to a friend's place in Tennessee, then came back to Tampa for the camper and family. Then hit the road 10:45 p.m on Thursday.
We spent the weekend in NE Alabama at Honeycomb Campground. Nice place but IRMA loomed in my mind the whole weekend. The girls really enjoyed it though.
As the storm veered our direction we left at noon on Monday and headed SW away from the strong winds. South into the pan handle of Florida then to my in-laws north of Orlando by 3:30 a.m Tuesday for some much needed sleep.
Back home at 2:30 to fin almost no damage to our place. Some trees down in our neighborhood but not many...

Maybe I didn't NEED to leave, but I'd rather say that, then be inside a house as a hurricane rips it to pieces with my girls in terror....

20170906_163605_resized.jpg 20170909_113702_resized.jpg 20170910_090554_resized.jpg

Last edited:

Cobra Jet Steering LLC

Jetboaters Admiral
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
Eight days and 6 hours with no power just had it turned back on last night. Damn that was rough! I hope the next one headed toward us decides to go visit the Atlantic and stay there. I spent days making preparations as the storm kept aiming at our coast so I would hate to remove all the window coverings just to have to put them back up for the next one

0627Devildog

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Classifieds Moderator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Eight days and 6 hours with no power just had it turned back on last night. Damn that was rough! I hope the next one headed toward us decides to go visit the Atlantic and stay there. I spent days making preparations as the storm kept aiming at our coast so I would hate to remove all the window coverings just to have to put them back up for the next one
Maria is on the way. . . . Should have left them up. Be safe.

GTBRMC

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Couple guys livestreamed Irma from their sailboat in a Key West marina. Quite a few dropouts (understandably) but it lasts 13 mins before it cuts out for good. I don't think I've seen such angry seas in a marina before.