• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

We have been looking to add to our boating options

Scottintexas

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Still "knot" laughing. 😉

As a former scoutmaster I perfected the one handed bowline knot.
HA! as a former scoutmaster I had an assistant (former Eagle Scout) who always wanted everyone one to learn to tie a one-handed bowline so when they fell down the well or crevice and broke only one arm they could tie the knot to be hauled up :rolleyes:

Actually he was a great asset and I would have put up with a hundred more idiosyncrasies to keep him involved,

no knot humor available at this time,

zipper

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boston Whaler
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Still "knot" laughing. 😉

As a former scoutmaster I perfected the one handed bowline knot.
Cool thanks, practised, got it down now. My blueberry customers wonder WTH I am tying knots for.

20200805_105023.jpg

I always keep a line in the truck.

Last edited:

tdonoughue

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I got knothing.

Scottintexas

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Drove the truck to work today,

20200806_095003.jpg

zipper

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boston Whaler
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
We went out to the Marina tonight to finish up a long overdue project. I finally removed the bedded bolt from the stem head fitting that will also be one of the bolts holding the anchor roller to the bow. I was a little nervous about the alignment of the holes I drilled in the anchor roller to match up with the existing holes in the stem head fitting. All the holes aligned and the bolts slipped right in. Once tightened down, I put the anchor in its place on the roller for the first time.

20200806_201546.jpg

20200806_201418.jpg

tdonoughue

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
For the record, having seen your work, I have a very hard time believing that your holes ever 'don't line up' anymore. Sure, maybe decades ago, but certainly not now.

Nicely done.

zipper

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boston Whaler
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
For the record, having seen your work, I have a very hard time believing that your holes ever 'don't line up' anymore. Sure, maybe decades ago, but certainly not now.

Nicely done.
Thank you, but..."Even the best laid plans of mice and men go awry". Drilling 1/4" S.S. can be a challenge. Even with a drill press, cutting oil and a punched center point, drill bits go dull, wander and if they get too hot, melt and lose all cutting ability. I was persistant as I stepped up in drill bit size and about a half a dozen drill bits ruined and 2 chamfer/countersink bits later, I was done. I did end up elongating a hole, it was off about .020". I do not have a vertical mill so I put a round chainsaw file in the chuck of the drill press and worked on the hole. A few minutes, 20, later I had elongated the hole and countersink to a kind of slot. I was very happy last night when it bolted right into place. Tonight I will run the chain and rode thru the gypsy on the windlass and that will be another project finished.

zipper

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boston Whaler
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
We went out tonight to run the chain and rode thru the windlass. That is a big project I can check off the list. The boat finally has a working electric windlass and a place to hang the anchor. It only took 29 years. Two in our watch over her.

20200807_194524.jpg

tdonoughue

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Hey, it didn't take 30 years....

zipper

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boston Whaler
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length

ourlee

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Cobalt
Year
Boat Model
Jet Ski
Boat Length
Recieved the graphic of the new name for the Beneteau today. Will be putting on soon. A few things to do first. Need to prep both sides astern to receive the vinyl. The old name has been removed already, but now we must apease Poseidon aka Neptune and a few other Gods of the wind in a ceremony for good luck. Link to the ceremony.
Ceremony for Renaming Your Boat - Boat Safe
This is the new name. I chose Willow's Hawiian name and the Hawiian compass rose.
View attachment 80223
She is a direct decendant of King Kamehameha I, so it thought it would be fitting. Here it is on the dining room table with "peel off" still on.
View attachment 80224
View attachment 80225
Gonna need a dozen bottles of good champagne to satisfy the Gods and our friends at the ceremony. :winkingthumbsup" Just for size ref. Compass is 9" dia. Lettering is 6" h x 32"l.
My fav post so far!

ourlee

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Cobalt
Year
Boat Model
Jet Ski
Boat Length
@Scottintexas thank you bringing me in.

I take the boat renaming process very seriously. We actually made our 2017 trip under the original boat name even if we knew that the future name will be either Artemis or Medusa.
The purging process is very important too. I went as far as selling a 2 month old fixed VHF because the MMSI # was associated with the old name.

Both my boat and jet ski are named very strategically to appease Poseidon.

My boat's is named : HMS Artemis 553
HMS
: commonly translated as His/Her Majesty Ship Note that Poseidon was often referred too as Majestic
Artemis: She is the Goddess of hunting and it is well documented that her bow and arrow was made by Cyclops. Note that Cyclops worked for Poseidon. Recall Odysseus blinding one the cyclopes and Poseidon being pissed at him for life.
553: During the naming process my 4 year old son was present. The Gods are fond of innocence and often communicate to us through kids. So completely out of the blue, my son said " Daddy put 553 on the boat". I had no idea, it looks and sounds stupid, but I did anyway. One day I was bored and I researched the meaning of the number "553". After reading the following, I felt comfortable that Poseidon had approved the name changing.

Angel Number 553 is a powerful sign of important life changes. These changes have come about due to your positive attitude and intentions to better your life. Your prayers and positive affirmations have manifested your desired changes, and ‘better’ is now on its way.
Angel Number 553 is a message that major life changes are around you and you may be feeling apprehensive or anxious about what lays ahead of you. Know that these changes are happening to advance you along your life path and to help you fulfill your soul mission. You are encouraged to take full advantage of the changes and the new opportunities that will present in your life.
Angel Number 553 is a message that the angels and Ascended Masters are overseeing the life changes you are currently experiencing and are ensuring that all goes to Divine plan.

My jet ski is named : CSN Orion
CSN
: if you don't know what CSN stands for..... then you should move to NY or CA. It is a historical fact that we are not allowed to talk or displayed in this county anymore. As far as I know it is the only one cruising under its own power. If I find out of another one, I will rename it to CSS. But for now it will remain CSN.
Orion
: Orion was the boyfriend of Artemis and was said that he could walk on water. It so happens that he is believed to be the son of Poseidon.

My research and experience tell me that it is so much the ritual and the order that it happens as much as the honest respect for the deity in charge.

BTW: Neptune is that the Romans called Poseidon, so it is kind of nice to refer to him with his original name, but I am sure he wont take offence as long as the motivation is pure.

PS. I like your name choice. Very fitting for the occasion.
I love this. We’re gonna name our 250 Simple Cub.
This of course is SC:

zipper

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boston Whaler
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
We wanted to see the current conditions at the Marina. There were 50kt. winds that blew thru there the night before that partially released our furled genoa sail letting a couple of feet flog in the wind until a skilled sailor boarded our boat to pull it back in. He saved us our new 135% genoa, I hope to meet and thank him/them some day. The dock hands said it was a frequent transient visitor sailboater and they have been asked to point them out when they return.

Anyway we wanted to see what was going on down at the marina on our boat. We bought and installed a Blink outdoor wifi camera. Blink for Home: Blink XT2 Outdoor Cameras There is a couple of second delay on live view. But it feels a lot better to be able to check out the boat from anywhere with our phones. It has a speaker so we can talk to anybody on our dock finger. And I can quickly release it from it's base when when we sail.

All quiet this morning.

Screenshot_20200813-081935_Blink.jpg

This was the video alert it recorded/sent last night as we left the boat.

ourlee

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Cobalt
Year
Boat Model
Jet Ski
Boat Length
Good alcohol is the correct thank you. May I suggest my new fav:

zipper

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boston Whaler
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Good alcohol is the correct thank you. May I suggest my new fav:
I agree with your suggestion, mostly. I have read...not all sailors drink alcohol, although I have yet to meet one. The other would be this beer as their actions warrent it.

20200813_105714.jpg

zipper

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boston Whaler
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I drilled a 2 1/8" hole on the transom of the boat to mount an Attwood 2" S.S. 15° rod holder. Figured we could troll for dinner while sailing and then set the Napoleon up on the same rod holder to cook.

20200814_183954.jpg

20200814_184004.jpg

20200816_195337.jpg

20200816_190411.jpg

Last edited:

tdonoughue

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Wait. The roundy thing on the other hole is broken. Why haven't you replaced that with a nice teak version or something that would make us all drool?

Slacker.

zipper

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boston Whaler
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Ya, came that way. Trim piece around the hole for the emergency tiller that fits in the top of the rudder post, in the event that the steering system fails. Pobody's Nerfect. Not sweating the small stuff. But now that you had to mention it...:rolleyes:

Last edited: