• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Wet Slip, gel coats and Yamaha's warranty

rojda

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SR
Boat Length
Was going to pick up a 2023 222 this weekend and I asked my dealer for insight regarding the reports of 2022 boats with gel coat blisters due to a faulty adhesion promotor. Gel coat blisters are excluded from warranty.
Was told that they would talk to their Yamaha sales rep.
Their sales rep said to call customer service.
I spoke to customer service and was told that they haven't seen failures in 2023 boats but these boats have not been in the water that long, so time will tell.
They blamed the blisters on wet slipping the boats and said wet slipping isn't advised and would affect the warranty on other components such as steering components.
I have an older Yamaha jet boat which I leave in the lake the whole summer without any problems.
Now Yamaha is telling me to install a boat lift before purchasing a boat, which is going to cost me an additional $16K.
Nothing seems easy with Yamaha and their latest boats.

adrianp89

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
Just budget fiberglass repair down the road. They denied my claims because I was outside 1 year warranty. I will let the detail guy handle it.

FSH 210 Sport

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length