• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

What did you do to your boat today?

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I did the pool noodles for our trip to Lake Michigan last week over the window shield and it worked out great. Will be adding this to the new routine as well.

suke

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
I did the pool noodles for our trip to Lake Michigan last week over the window shield and it worked out great. Will be adding this to the new routine as well.
Anything I can do to relieve the stress points on the boat and/or cover I'm all for. I put them up front as well, just had already put the cover on that part.

I'm traveling here in 2 weeks, but I plan to use the shipping cover. I'll still do the noodles on the window frame.

drewkaree

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
My 212x with galvanized trailer didn't have them. Had the crappy cheap folding ones. Hate those, but my nice ratchet transom straps were too long. It seems those boat buckles, regardless of brand, have mixed reviews. My boat will be used some in salt water. I'd rather not spend $100 on ratchets that fail fairly quickly.
@swatski suggested picking up CRC 6-56 in a thread around here somewhere. I got a gallon of the stuff, put some in a spray bottle, and I spray down anything on the trailer that goes in the water. Not sure how much longer it'll keep things moving along in salt water (I'm in fresh water only), but thus far, I'm sold on the stuff.

Not sure why the price is so high on those, but it might be due to what seems to be a boat buying frenzy right now - I got the refurbished stainless set for $56, but I know for certain that they weren't more than $70 at the time. I bought refurbished because I figured there couldn't be much, if anything, that could go wrong with them since they were still in the original packaging. I remember thinking that if there were any chance for bad used products, I'd just buy new to avoid problems. Those stainless ones are currently sitting at $125, with a "used" set selling for $73. My guess is that if you can deal with the crapstraps they send with the boat, wait out the market and buy a set when the price comes down, or buy a used set to save a few bucks right now.

I also stopped using the poles for the cover. I bought a 5' beach ball for the cockpit area, and got a good deal on two 3' beach balls for the front seating area. We take the balls with us if we're going to a sandbar (deflated), or throw them on the porch if we don't feel like deflating them for the day. The boat looks like it's got boobs up front when the cover's on, and everything seems to shed water just as well, if not better, than the pole system that came with the boat.

3 green tornados

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212X
Boat Length
Wife is still nursing our youngest and was complaining about not enough shade. She is more than happy now! Color isn’t as close as I would like but hard to match 5 year old canvas and thought it had faded more than it has. Cheap spring clamps and Costco LED lights make night cruises perfect. Bimini rated for 40mph. Bought a “kit” then replaced all the parts with stainless steel and and cut 6 of the bow supports.

Attachments

S1LV3R4D0

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
1yr later and we finally came up with a name for her. I had to move the handle up a bit but easy peasy. I remember when drilling holes in her made me cringe, now i break out the drillbits for everything, lol.

Boat Name.jpg

altimatej

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited
Boat Length
Broke the trailer winch strap at launch; had to tie a good knot to retrieve at the end of our outing and order a replacement... 😒
Had the same thing happen while pulling the boat out on the busy holiday weekend.....luckily had the safety cable attached!

Attachments

suke

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
@swatski suggested picking up CRC 6-56 in a thread around here somewhere. I got a gallon of the stuff, put some in a spray bottle, and I spray down anything on the trailer that goes in the water. Not sure how much longer it'll keep things moving along in salt water (I'm in fresh water only), but thus far, I'm sold on the stuff.

Not sure why the price is so high on those, but it might be due to what seems to be a boat buying frenzy right now - I got the refurbished stainless set for $56, but I know for certain that they weren't more than $70 at the time. I bought refurbished because I figured there couldn't be much, if anything, that could go wrong with them since they were still in the original packaging. I remember thinking that if there were any chance for bad used products, I'd just buy new to avoid problems. Those stainless ones are currently sitting at $125, with a "used" set selling for $73. My guess is that if you can deal with the crapstraps they send with the boat, wait out the market and buy a set when the price comes down, or buy a used set to save a few bucks right now.

I also stopped using the poles for the cover. I bought a 5' beach ball for the cockpit area, and got a good deal on two 3' beach balls for the front seating area. We take the balls with us if we're going to a sandbar (deflated), or throw them on the porch if we don't feel like deflating them for the day. The boat looks like it's got boobs up front when the cover's on, and everything seems to shed water just as well, if not better, than the pole system that came with the boat.
That's not a terrible idea, either.

I'm in no rush to replace the straps currently. Just a pain point so far. Looking for ways my wife can assist some more when getting the boat out to speed up that process.

Shookie

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Couple things.... Finally bought a couple flags for the boat. Forgot to take a picture last weekend but here they are
IMG_1273.JPG

Got a new umbrella that had a screw in attachment (for sand) the was riveted to the pole. Drilled out the rivets and remove the screw base and got a couple removable pins so I can use it on the stern or in the sand as needed.
IMG_6739.JPGIMG_2432.JPG

Also finished up my grill mount. Bought a base online and mounted a piece wood to it. Hadn't used my router in 10+ years.... screwed the mount to the wood and used some "industrial strength" velcro. Keeps the base separate from the grill and it fits in the bag I have.
IMG_4427.JPG

Outnumbered212S

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
Added more lights and changed them to LED.
Added lights to top of fender. And swapped out the three tail lights with nine LED ones. Swapped out bulbs with LED on the break/running lights.

Attachments

white2kstang

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Preemptively replaced my winch strap since the factory one snapping seems to be a common issue lately. New 25ft 10k lb strap so I have a few extra feet as well. Plus now I have a spare to toss in the tool bag just in case.

Attachments

212s

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
Added more lights and changed them to LED.
Added lights to top of fender. And swapped out the three tail lights with nine LED ones. Swapped out bulbs with LED on the break/running lights.
That looks like my boat, same colours, nice choice!
:thumbsup:
Just a heads up, probably won't be an issue but I'd check with local authorities about those lights. The 3 rear center lights are there to mark the center of the trailer. The added lights to the side may not be legal as it doesn't clearly define the center to help determine width to other traffic. Also on the side of the trailer you have red in the center of the tandems which marks the back of the trailer but it is not (amber on the front and sides only), which also may not be legal in your state.

It looks nice, but may cause issues.

212s

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
I picked up some molle panels to help organize the inside of my truck, and had an extra. Screwed it into the bottom of the seat for all the emergency stuff (including the extra emergency boston valve :))
I'm sorry, but I'm going to have to steal your idea! I was thinking of something to help organize the emergency gear behind the helm, and this will work nicely. Thanks!!
:D

Outnumbered212S

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
That looks like my boat, same colours, nice choice!
:thumbsup:
Just a heads up, probably won't be an issue but I'd check with local authorities about those lights. The 3 rear center lights are there to mark the center of the trailer. The added lights to the side may not be legal as it doesn't clearly define the center to help determine width to other traffic. Also on the side of the trailer you have red in the center of the tandems which marks the back of the trailer but it is not (amber on the front and sides only), which also may not be legal in your state.

It looks nice, but may cause issues.
I’ll check the back of the trailer with the new addition. But the light looking back are amber. And looking from the back are all red.

Attachments

212s

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
I’ll check the back of the trailer with the new addition. But the light looking back are amber. And looking from the back are all red.
Red lights are only to mark the rear of the trailer, not anywhere on the side as red means it's clear to pull in behind but it's not at the back of the trailer. In theory someone could think you have passed and cleared them but you still have 6 feet of trailer they would hit if they changed lanes behind you. If there's an accident, wrong clearance lighting would make it your fault.

Like I said, you probably won't ever have an issue as police are probably not looking for small technical issues on boat trailers (just non-working lights). And just because something is available to purchase, doesn't make them legal. I see people driving around with 100w headlights which are not legal on the road (offroad use only), but because the auto parts store sells them, they put them in. Just sayin...
:)