• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

What might be in store for 2023?

biffdotorg

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
There is substantiated evidence that for the 2023's there will be a revised line of of 21' to a 22' boat. The new models will be named:
- 222S - Confirmed
- 222XE - Confirmed
- 222SE - Confirmed
- 222SD - Not Confirmed
The thing I see here is no 225 models. And that indicates no SVHO engines for the smaller boats. I do believe there are folks that will pay a premium for a 225 model. Need, never comes into that conversation. But the technology is there, and it would be a great addition to the line.

For those looking for an AR, I would expect that to come in a following year. Or anyone looking for a tower still will get that in the listings above. Just no base AR220. We will know in just over a day.

Last edited:

adrianp89

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
The thing I see here is no 225 models. And that indicates no SVHO engines for the smaller boats. I do believe there are folks that will pay a premium for a 225 model. Need, never comes into that conversation. But the technology is there, and it would be a great addition to the line.

For those looking for an AR, I would expect that to come in a following year. Or anyone looking for a tower still will get that in the listings above. Just now base AR220. We will know in just over a day.
AR are only base models. All models listed above would come with a tower, based on the 25' line up.

Honestly the SVHO on the 21/22' boats might be too much power. It would probably push them past 60mph. A single on a 19' can hit 54mph.

biffdotorg

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
AR are only base models. All models listed above would come with a tower, based on the 25' line up.

Honestly the SVHO on the 21/22' boats might be too much power. It would probably push them past 60mph. A single on a 19' can hit 54mph.
Yup, agreed, that's what I meant by them getting a tower with the listings above.

Did you just say, "too much power" I giggle, as I agree, it would be overkill. I would almost say, that a 225x, could actually be rigged with a bigger pump, to allow more low end for surfing, over top end performance. (like a true tow boat) But that would require engineering, which we know comes slow with Yamaha. It's done right, when done, but slow.

WA61

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Scarab offers up to 600 hp on their 21ft, not sure many people go for that option.

If Yamaha goes with these 222 models I just hope they make one that the tower and bimini will fold down enough to fit in my 9ft garage door without modifying and removing a bimini frame like the 255s. That is the only 255 feature I don’t want.

Danadavenport

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Just got an email from Yamaha for the run the water series. Said it will show the new lineup.

Stay tuned for tomorrow. See the new lineup at 9 pm EST.

WA61

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Me too, waiting with bated anticipation

Danadavenport

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Looks like on yamahas site they have already updated pricing but no other changes

Jim_in_Delaware

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
Just got an email from Yamaha for the run the water series. Said it will show the new lineup.

Stay tuned for tomorrow. See the new lineup at 9 pm EST.
Or you can just read about it here. Julian already has the info on the new lineup. If it's anything like last year, he has it organized and already for us to review. Planned posting is also 9 pm EST. I plan to start here and once I have looked at everything, wonder to the Yamaha website.

Jim

Jim_in_Delaware

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
For those looking for an AR, I would expect that to come in a following year. Or anyone looking for a tower still will get that in the listings above. Just no base AR220. We will know in just over a day.
I would be disappointed if they went this route. :(

I'm ready to buy a boat and would be very interested in an AR220. If Yamaha doesn't release a SX220 and/or an AR220, my money is going elsewhere. Maybe a used AR240/250 or another brand boat.

Jim

rockinthesuburbs

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
195S
Boat Length
Just looked at the prices on the 19 footers - everything around 7% +/- .25 increase outside of the 195S that jumped 4.4%

NewBoater

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Really hoping for a new black and red surf boat, with more ballast. Would love an updated version of my 242X with a similar color scheme.

OB WI

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Boat Length
the new 22ft boats look cool. 70 gal tank. 1.8’s. Same seating as the 250 series and more. Saw the promo video on the site. Not sure if all can see it for some reason. Probably shouldn’t have a launch on a Saturday when most people have the day off like their web team lol.

ACRDSPORT14

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
PWC
the new 22ft boats look cool. 70 gal tank. 1.8’s. Same seating as the 250 series and more. Saw the promo video on the site. Not sure if all can see it for some reason. Probably shouldn’t have a launch on a Saturday when most people have the day off like their web team lol.
Link?

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Yep looks like all 22' models are showcased in the video, and some of them are in the toggler.

Last edited:

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
1661031248148.png