• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

What might be in store for 2023?

Jim_in_Delaware

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
I could believe this except it went all downhill with a 90 gallon tank.
However, a 90 gallon fuel tank would be the appropriate size for a 22' FSH center console, and put it on par with many outboard center consoles. If you shared the same hull with the other boats, I could see it in the ream of possibility. I think for the bow rider, however, a 50 gallon hull with some additional storage space would probably make more sense.

Jim

seabrooktx

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
I could believe this except it went all downhill with a 90 gallon tank.
Sorry guys....typo. 70 Gallon tank, same as the 25 series.

1WetBoat

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Yup, 75 Gallons on the AR250.

WA61

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
If 'Big Things Coming' means we get new 21.5' 22' boats..., well that's not very exciting.
I would be excited but I am sure most people wouldn’t care. I wanted to replace my 190 with a 240 in 2020 and we all know what happened that year. Now the 250 is too long for my 24 foot slip and I don’t want to pay to extend my dock and the roof, so I have to wait until Saturday night and see if they are making a 22 foot boat. First world problems.

WA61

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Is the 25 really too long for your dock? It's only an additional six inches, if the 242 would have fit, the 252 should as well.
I have thought about that myself. It is only 6 inches too long if I put the bow right up to the front, which I probably can’t really do and I wouldn’t want it to actually touch. I figure a 250 would really be 1.5 to 2 feet too long and with the hip roof rain water will just pour on the back of the boat. I think a 240 would have really been too long but not enough to worry about. I think a 22 foot would probably be just about perfect. I should have gone with a 28 foot slip, live and learn.

adrianp89

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
I have thought about that myself. It is only 6 inches too long if I put the bow right up to the front, which I probably can’t really do and I wouldn’t want it to actually touch. I figure a 250 would really be 1.5 to 2 feet too long and with the hip roof rain water will just pour on the back of the boat. I think a 240 would have really been too long but not enough to worry about. I think a 22 foot would probably be just about perfect. I should have gone with a 28 foot slip, live and learn.
Just put the cover on it... probably solved.

The Canuck

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Our lake has a 24' max length for v-hull boats. So when Yamaha went to 25' that eliminates that, unless I peel the stickers off. So a 22' would be a nice comprimise.

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Our lake has a 24' max length for v-hull boats. So when Yamaha went to 25' that eliminates that, unless I peel the stickers off. So a 22' would be a nice comprimise.
How does your state legally determine the length of a boat? How long is a 24' 6" boat....round up or down? I'm pretty sure NC rounds down.....(not certain).

Jim_in_Delaware

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
Would be nice if they make 22ft boat with little cabin to sleep in and powered by dual 1.8
Man, I would be all over a 22' Yamaha cuddy cabin. :winkingthumbsup" What a great boat this would be for couples or small familiers. Love the vibes of the older Chaparral 225 SSI, especially with twin jets in place of the I/O:

1660759044924.png

I'm guessing, however, the odds are probably about zero of that happening. Cuddy's are pretty much dead in the U.S., although they are still very popular in other markets.

Jim

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Man, I would be all over a 22' Yamaha cuddy cabin. :winkingthumbsup" What a great boat this would be for couples or small familiers. Love the vibes of the older Chaparral 225 SSI, especially with twin jets in place of the I/O:

View attachment 185665

I'm guessing, however, the odds are probably about zero of that happening. Cuddy's are pretty much dead in the U.S., although they are still very popular in other markets.

Jim
I guess it depends on where you boat. In Lake St. Clair, I see a lot of cuddy's. In the in land lakes only bow riders.

The Canuck

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
How does your state legally determine the length of a boat? How long is a 24' 6" boat....round up or down? I'm pretty sure NC rounds down.....(not certain).
I don't know the specifics, but I am assuming they will look at either what is on the side of the boat, or based upon the registration if they were really pissed off. I know there is one person on our lake that has a 25' boat, or so I have been told. It looks bigger, but there are no markings that I have seen that truly depict what it is. I think being 25' is probably fine or close enough to the rules, and you won't be bothered if you don't draw attention to yourself. The lake is narrow and long, so I am assuming they are trying to keep the size down to prevent increased wave activity.

I see it being similar to stories I hear about where there is a max hp for boats and people will alter the stickers on their outboard to show something within the limit. Little harder to do with a boat (25' to 21'). :)

Jim_in_Delaware

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
I guess it depends on where you boat. In Lake St. Clair, I see a lot of cuddy's. In the in land lakes only bow riders.
There used to be a lot of manufacturers who made cuddies. Many off them seemed to drop the cuddies about 5 years ago to focus on bow riders. I believe Regal still has one. There still are a bunch of manufacturers of small pilothouse boats, but this is a different boating experience and oh are they pricey!

Jim

Billtex2000

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Same with my Marina!

tabbibus

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
I would love a cuddie

Julian