• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

What should I buy for my new boat?

LindaDLS

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
NA
Boat Model
212SE
Boat Length
I ordered a 2022 Yamaha 212SE and was told it should be here by June. Super excited as we are new boat owners! What I want to know is what are the top things we should start buying for our boat that we need?

I ordered a 2022 Yamaha 212SE and was told it should be here by June. Super excited as we are new boat owners! What I want to know is what are the top things we should start buying for our boat that we need?

Safety gear… self inflating PFD’s since you forget you have them on, and a few extra regulation type PFD’s.
Dock lines, longer than you think you need
Boat hook
Fenders
sun block
sun hats
gasoline.

Until then, watch docking videos, boat ramp etiquette vids.

Safety gear… self inflating PFD’s since you forget you have them on, and a few extra regulation type PFD’s.
Dock lines, longer than you think you need
Boat hook
Fenders
sun block
sun hats
gasoline.

Until then, watch docking videos, boat ramp etiquette vids.
Thank you, I did buy some docking fenders and ropes, and life jackets. Thank you for replying ?

There is a lot that can do for your boat. Things that I find necessary is all your safety gear, a battery tender, and any thing that we as a community have found to be problematic. Those problematic things being (Anchor locker drain and Scupper valve). You might ask do I really need to do these right away. Probably not but it will save you a lot of time and possibly money in the future. Next up on the list would be things that protect your boat. Like a nice spray on protective coating for your vinyl seats. Then of course all of your modification youll want to do either now or later. Window tint, speaker upgrade (i have a 252sd and don’t think an upgrade is necessary atm), LEDs, and anything else you find fitting or desirable). Good luck! Have fun!

Oh and great advice on docking videos and etiquette

Here’s one to get you started.. love these two girls! You have twin engines on your boat, lean how to use them to your advantage.

Back