• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

What's your favorite Bourbon?

KC-AR240

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Here’s my current selection at the bar.
What you can’t see is the 5L mini-keg I filled with Evan Williams Black two months ago. It has already developed a very nice smokey flavor reminiscent of Woodford Double Oak.

The decanter is filled with Knob, and the jar is filled with... ummm, water.

View attachment 108729
What's in that clear Mason jar on the bottom

KC-AR240

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I don't have any problem getting it . Can almost reach out and touch where it's distilled. Now paying for it , that's a different matter ! I can help you out if supply is the problem , but not offering to pay for it. lol
You have to get lucky on which of the 4 day rotation unless you're going 4 days in a row

seanmclean

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I may also have a Blanton's problem 😂
Man, look at all that Blantons! I'm down to 1.5 bottles, haven't seen one on the shelf here in almost 3 years.

King

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
The family and I were up in Columbus Ohio visiting with relatives a few years ago and we came across this Western Reserve Distillers 4 Year and it was amazing. The store we picked it up in had two more versions with more age on them... But, the 4 Year turned out to be the best. If you're in Ohio, I highly recommend getting some. It was smooth enough to drink straight or over the rocks with no issues. 43% ABV gave it a decent punch. If we lived there and not here in Georgia, this would be our go-to standard.
IMG_1507.JPG

The other one that came about recently is the 10 Year Bourbon Cask Glenmorangie that I received as a birthday present back in August. This stuff is right up there with the Western Reserve with drinkability, it's also easier to get.
Glen.jpg

mark_m

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
The family and I were up in Columbus Ohio visiting with relatives a few years ago and we came across this Western Reserve Distillers 4 Year and it was amazing. The store we picked it up in had two more versions with more age on them... But, the 4 Year turned out to be the best. If you're in Ohio, I highly recommend getting some. It was smooth enough to drink straight or over the rocks with no issues. 43% ABV gave it a decent punch. If we lived there and not here in Georgia, this would be our go-to standard.
View attachment 165612

The other one that came about recently is the 10 Year Bourbon Cask Glenmorangie that I received as a birthday present back in August. This stuff is right up there with the Western Reserve with drinkability, it's also easier to get.
View attachment 165613
Where did you pick that up in Columbus?

King

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Mark,

It was a strip-mall type of place close to the hotel we were staying in called Chateau Wine & Spirits (LINK) that's located at...

2131 Polaris Pkwy
Columbus, OH 43240
(614) 848-3130
(GMAP)

In searching them out, I checked their website for availability and couldn't find it listed there. Although, their website did not list any thing with an ABV higher than Kahlu'A. I'm guessing this is a liquor law thing for Ohio.

If Chateau turns out to be a bust, Western Reserve Distillers can be found (HERE). They appear to be out of the 4 Year but, there's a list of vendors on their website that may have it. And though we liked the 4 Year the best... that was several years ago, and the other's we tried were fantastic to say the least. They were impressive enough that I feel confident in saying that no matter what you end up getting, you'll like it. :)

Salute',

King

King

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Mark,

I just went deeper in to the Western Reserve Distiller's website... They're out of stock for items that ship. It looks like they're in stock if you make the trip to pick it up at their facility in Lakewood.

King

ToddM

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212XD
Boat Length
William La Rue Weller Single Barrel
Elijah Craig C921 Barrel Proof
Stagg Jr Batch 16
Wild Turkey Masters Keep toasted oak
Red Breast Small Batch
Blue Label Michters
If you can find it- the new Jack Daniels 10 year is certainly worth trying

mark_m

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Mark,

It was a strip-mall type of place close to the hotel we were staying in called Chateau Wine & Spirits (LINK) that's located at...

2131 Polaris Pkwy
Columbus, OH 43240
(614) 848-3130
(GMAP)

In searching them out, I checked their website for availability and couldn't find it listed there. Although, their website did not list any thing with an ABV higher than Kahlu'A. I'm guessing this is a liquor law thing for Ohio.

If Chateau turns out to be a bust, Western Reserve Distillers can be found (HERE). They appear to be out of the 4 Year but, there's a list of vendors on their website that may have it. And though we liked the 4 Year the best... that was several years ago, and the other's we tried were fantastic to say the least. They were impressive enough that I feel confident in saying that no matter what you end up getting, you'll like it. :)

Salute',

King
I know Chateau - it’s basically my goto and the Kroger further down on Polaris parkway now that the Giant Eagle is closed on route 23. For the locals, Carfaganas sells liquor too, but it’s supposedly lower volume, but “higher end”…

King

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I know Chateau - it’s basically my goto and the Kroger further down on Polaris parkway now that the Giant Eagle is closed on route 23. For the locals, Carfaganas sells liquor too, but it’s supposedly lower volume, but “higher end”…
Mark,

We always his Carfagana's when we were up for their meat department and Terita's Pizza on Friday.

King

mark_m

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Mark,

We always his Carfagana's when we were up for their meat department and Terita's Pizza on Friday.

King
They just moved to a new space closer to Costco, where they now have consolidated the grocery, the liquor, a bar and a restaurant. It’s really quite nice. Check it out next time you’re in town!

agannole93

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Man, look at all that Blantons! I'm down to 1.5 bottles, haven't seen one on the shelf here in almost 3 years.
@seanmclean I can't find it near me, and it's at least $100/bottle, usually more if we can find it a few hours away in Atlanta. A couple years ago when up in New England visiting family I found 4 bottles sitting on a bev cart at a random New Hampshire liquor store. $59.99/bottle and tax free you best believe we grabbed every one they had.

Chrisbert

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SD
Boat Length
Anything from Garrison Bros. Made right down the road from me.

1969mach1

Reaction score
Boat Make
Crownline
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
it's tough to find.
I have three bottles. I have a guy that gets me a bottle about every three months. He also gives me great recommendations. Recent on was George Dickel 15 year. Wow. It's awesome. I have a bottle of last years Mid winters dram, had two bottles. Awesome. I have two bottles on Pappy that are too expensive to drink sadly. But I did but a pour at a high end restaurant just to see what I had.

Love Blantons though.

TimW451

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Out shopping today and saw Redemption, that I’ve seen mentioned here. At $25 a bottle I’m not sure, but can’t hurt to try it. @BigN8 mentioned Elijah Craig too, so I got a small bottle of that also. I was too frugal to buy a 750 of this Sagamore, but I flipped for the half.
152293EA-65F4-4A86-8339-C3CBF6E2C0A5.jpeg

shar

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Treated myself for the holidays! Although, I can’t bring myself to open it lol.
065D8A9C-1A99-4580-993C-E2F067A469CF.jpeg
96DF423C-67AA-4381-8833-1AB3A8113946.jpeg