• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

What's your favorite Bourbon?

drewkaree

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
The original bar is vintage 1940’s. Handmade by one of my wife’s uncles. is in the man cave.
That boom box...always felt like I should have bought stock in a battery company. :D

drewkaree

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

BigN8

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I'll tell you as soon as I crack it open. My buddy swears by it. Today is the last day of my sober January alcohol fast. Like you I've had the oak, but not this one.

Dean P

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
I made some Gold Rush(es) (Bourbon, lemon juice, honey syrup) last night with 1792. First time, they were really good!

PeterB

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
@drewkaree I have gone through a bottle of the Angels Envy Caribbean Rum Cask and thought it was very good. I have some more expensive bourbons such as an Old Forrester Birthday bourbon but don’t consider them necessarily “better”.
For a good “bang for the buck” I like the Tullamore Dew Caribbean rum cask also nice for the money - though not a bourbon

ScreaminJay

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Lifelong Kentuckian here.. for thanksgiving in Lexington my family always drinks woodford deserve double Oaked. A fine drink for the money. But also, around the holidays I love to send the guys on my shift at work a giant 1.75 bottle of Evan Williams to sustain them through the holidays... never heard any complaints there either 😎

PeterB

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I have found that “Free” bourbon does have a particularly pleasing taste!

TexAg2010

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SD
Boat Length
@kgower Bulleit is my go-to for balance of price and taste as well. Although I prefer to craft an Old Fashioned with their Rye.

2kwik4u

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Lifelong Kentuckian here.. for thanksgiving in Lexington my family always drinks woodford deserve double Oaked. A fine drink for the money. But also, around the holidays I love to send the guys on my shift at work a giant 1.75 bottle of Evan Williams to sustain them through the holidays... never heard any complaints there either 😎
That's good stuff. Woodford is my go to for a night out.

I've found 4 Roses to be an excellent value Bourbon for everyday drinks.

agannole93

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I made some Gold Rush(es) (Bourbon, lemon juice, honey syrup) last night with 1792. First time, they were really good!
Ratios? This sounds good, especially for those of us further north during the cole winter months.

agannole93

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I've got lots of higher priced bourbons on my shelf, but everytime I'm needing a restock of something good for a low cost, in my personal opinion Evan Williams Bottled In Bond cannot be beat.

drewkaree

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

Peelz

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Glastron
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Got this gem for Christmas.

"Blackened" named for the metallica song In partnership with the band. I admit, I wanted it just for the cool name LOL (learned to play guitar with their tunes)

Im enjoying it....not as harsh as I would expect from the name, but strong.

BigN8

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I can't ever seem to get my hands on any Blanton's unless I'm at a high end steak restaurant and they want a crap load of money for it.

agannole93

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I can't ever seem to get my hands on any Blanton's unless I'm at a high end steak restaurant and they want a crap load of money for it.
I'm sometimes lucky to find a bottle or two when we're in Atlanta (there's one place that'll slap your name on a bottle whenever they get some in if you get on their waiting list). Admittedly two Christmases ago we were visiting family up in Vermont. Flew into Boston and hit every liquor store in New Hampshire between Boston and Vermont (tax free in NH). Found 3 bottles sitting on a store cart by the register for $59/piece, and of course grabbed em all.