• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

What's your favorite Bourbon?

mark_m

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Out shopping today and saw Redemption, that I’ve seen mentioned here. At $25 a bottle I’m not sure, but can’t hurt to try it. @BigN8 mentioned Elijah Craig too, so I got a small bottle of that also. I was too frugal to buy a 750 of this Sagamore, but I flipped for the half.
View attachment 169231
Elijah is good

WildCatFan54

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Was very excited to find some Elijah Barrel Proof on my recent trip, among other things. I may have a bourbon problem.
You have a wonderful selection to choose from !! Can't go wrong with any of them.

BigN8

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
That Angels Envy Finished Rye is good. I’ll get it every now and then but the $79 price tag if I remember keeps me at bay.

agannole93

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
That Angels Envy Finished Rye is good. I’ll get it every now and then but the $79 price tag if I remember keeps me at bay.
Price has gone up from anywhere to $90 and up although I've heard from some that they've paid less at a few places in GA. It's more than that here in Alabama if you can even find it so I happily paid $90.

Crob83

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
About to have a glass or 2 of Jefferson Reserve and relax after getting off work

Epsmith19

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Other
I have a boy due at the end March. Wife got me an aging barrel for Christmas so I'm trying to age this blend (mash from a local distillery and Elijah Craig) for 12 weeks. Hope it's a fitting tribute

Attachments

BigN8

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
This thread is killing me. I'm on sober January. This will be the 4th year I have done it. The first 2 I had to attend 4 day sales meeting the first week of January which had an open bar just about every night. You wanna talk about a test of will power??? Last 2 sales meetings have been virtual. My wife an I do a sober January that will run all the way to Super Bowl Sunday. It's a good cleansing and a test of fortitude. In reality it's not really that hard. After the first 3-4 days I don't even think about drinking really. I just get tired of drinking nothing but water all day and coffee in the morning. Come February I will be a cheap drunk though!!

agannole93

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
This thread is killing me. I'm on sober January. This will be the 4th year I have done it. The first 2 I had to attend 4 day sales meeting the first week of January which had an open bar just about every night. You wanna talk about a test of will power??? Last 2 sales meetings have been virtual. My wife an I do a sober January that will run all the way to Super Bowl Sunday. It's a good cleansing and a test of fortitude. In reality it's not really that hard. After the first 3-4 days I don't even think about drinking really. I just get tired of drinking nothing but water all day and coffee in the morning. Come February I will be a cheap drunk though!!
My dad was talking about doing this. I thought about it but I also cracked an Eagle Rare yesterday so guess I already failed. I think I'm going to give up beer for the month. I never make mixed drinks, so I don't feel AS bad about a small pour of bourbon a couple times a week.

BigN8

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I know a lot of people do Sober October just because it rhymes I guess. I've always thought sober January made more sense because of all the booze and partying we do over the holidays. Plus, by the time January gets here I'm kind of ready to be done with booze and just give myself a nice reprieve

F.M.

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XD
Boat Length
I'm not a big bourbon drinker, but I've been wanting to try Blantons for a while, it's just really hard to find locally.

I'm a scotch guy.

KC-AR240

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I have a boy due at the end March. Wife got me an aging barrel for Christmas so I'm trying to age this blend (mash from a local distillery and Elijah Craig) for 12 weeks. Hope it's a fitting tribute
Sample it after a couple weeks. Those small barrels will add quite a bit of flavor quickly. I distill whiskey and rum at home

1969mach1

Reaction score
Boat Make
Crownline
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Here's the full selection.
damn, I thought I had the largest private collection of blatons. You have me by one bottle. That said, I have two bottles of A Mid Winter Nights Dram Act 8 and 9, two bottles of pappy van winkle (10 and 12 year) and a Kentucky Owl Confiscated. Drinking a nip of Eagle Rare right now. Big fan. My Bourbon guy has a bottle of the George Dickel/ Leopold collection coming on Wednesday for me. Can't wait to try that. Nice Collection you have. I am getting there. Scored the two bottle of Pappy at Costco #1. Paid $42 and $45 dollars respectively. I literally thought I was dreaming.

1969mach1

Reaction score
Boat Make
Crownline
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
damn, I thought I had the largest private collection of blatons. You have me by one bottle. That said, I have two bottles of A Mid Winter Nights Dram Act 8 and 9, two bottles of pappy van winkle (10 and 12 year) and a Kentucky Owl Confiscated. Drinking a nip of Eagle Rare right now. Big fan. My Bourbon guy has a bottle of the George Dickel/ Leopold collection coming on Wednesday for me. Can't wait to try that. Nice Collection you have. I am getting there. Scored the two bottle of Pappy at Costco #1. Paid $42 and $45 dollars respectively. I literally thought I was dreaming.

Okay, I realize that I may have triggered the bullshivick meter on the pappy claims. See attached. Those are the two bottles and yes, they were the only two bottle in the case and they let me take the pricing tag with me for the 12 year. The 10 year was $7 cheaper. And, if anyone have a better Pappy story, I'd love to hear it.

Attachments

agannole93

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I'm trying to find all the letters. I have a hookup for Blanton's back home in VT at $50/bottle that I have check the tops for me. Of course with a couple extra on the shelf for opening.

Awesome on the Pappy. I've never seen one out in the wild before and stores like Costco here in Alabama don't have liquor attached. If you're not camping out overnight for allocated bottles you aren't finding anything here.