• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

What's your favorite Bourbon?

drewkaree

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Rob, not sure if there's a Total Wine in your area, but mine has little airline bottles of Glenlivet, Glenfiddich, Glenmorangie & Laphroaig for single malts, and for blends, they've got Johnny Walker Black, Red & some white/silver/something color, as well as Dewars. They've also got 300ml bottles which are a nice way to sample, both price-wise, and so you don't feel like you've got 750ml of something you won't ever drink again.

Costco also has a really excellent selection near me, as well as someone working the liquor department who will be more than willing to spend time giving you info and guide you to something so you have a good experience with your purchase. They've got multiple different bottles, and while their price might be higher than you were expecting to spend, that price is a lot better than you'd pay elsewhere.

F.M.

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XD
Boat Length
Costco here doesn't carry liquor and we unfortunately don't have total wine either, but I wish we did, those stores are amazing.

F.M.

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XD
Boat Length
Thanks for the Feedback. I will have to check out your recommendations. My knowledge of scotch is limited. I would like to have at least a few types of scotch on hand. I will keep you posted.
Also check out Michael Jackson's guide to scotch.

yall_mahaw

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212SD
Boat Length
I realize that this is the bourbon thread, but to add on to the scotch talk.... If you are just starting out with Scotch, Glenmorangie 10 year 'The Orignal' is a very easy entry point. Both from a cost perspective and a flavor profile. Another tip is this great pronunciation guide that Brian Cox did for Esquire a few years ago - Scotch Pronunciation

My latest bourbon sampling was from one of the local distilleries. Garrison Brothers HoneyDew I'm not usually a fan of flavored bourbon, but this has just the right amount of a honeyness to it and that allows it to be so smooth. And yes, I get that Texas bourbons can be a polarizing subject, but I was just enjoying the local offerings. Happy sipping!

F.M.

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XD
Boat Length
I realize that this is the bourbon thread, but to add on to the scotch talk.... If you are just starting out with Scotch, Glenmorangie 10 year 'The Orignal' is a very easy entry point. Both from a cost perspective and a flavor profile. Another tip is this great pronunciation guide that Brian Cox did for Esquire a few years ago - Scotch Pronunciation

My latest bourbon sampling was from one of the local distilleries. Garrison Brothers HoneyDew I'm not usually a fan of flavored bourbon, but this has just the right amount of a honeyness to it and that allows it to be so smooth. And yes, I get that Texas bourbons can be a polarizing subject, but I was just enjoying the local offerings. Happy sipping!
The pronunciation guide is great, some of these names are definitely not pronounced like they look.

Robconn

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR192
Boat Length
Rob, not sure if there's a Total Wine in your area, but mine has little airline bottles of Glenlivet, Glenfiddich, Glenmorangie & Laphroaig for single malts, and for blends, they've got Johnny Walker Black, Red & some white/silver/something color, as well as Dewars. They've also got 300ml bottles which are a nice way to sample, both price-wise, and so you don't feel like you've got 750ml of something you won't ever drink again.

Costco also has a really excellent selection near me, as well as someone working the liquor department who will be more than willing to spend time giving you info and guide you to something so you have a good experience with your purchase. They've got multiple different bottles, and while their price might be higher than you were expecting to spend, that price is a lot better than you'd pay elsewhere.
Not too far away. When local shops don’t have certain brands and I look further online, total wine will have it at a reasonable price point. I have been there once but do plan to come back soon.

JetBoatPenguin

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
The one I just finished typically! But making your own "ice" from an open cooler and knife really helps.

Robconn

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR192
Boat Length
Interesting collection and set up. That contains bourbon and scotch.

Robconn

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR192
Boat Length
Just purchased Glenmorangie single malt port cask finish 14yr. Thought I would explore the different regions of scotch offerings.

Attachments

F.M.

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XD
Boat Length
I just got extremely lucky and found this at my local ABC store (Alabama Beverage Control store for you non Alabama folks) and had no choice but to put it front and center in my small collection. And the wife didn't seem to mind how much I spent on it after she tasted it.

The Macallan 18 Sherry Oak Cask
16439200600746045871408488202426.jpg

Robconn

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR192
Boat Length
I just got extremely lucky and found this at my local ABC store (Alabama Beverage Control store for you non Alabama folks) and had no choice but to put it front and center in my small collection. And the wife didn't seem to mind how much I spent on it after she tasted it.

The Macallan 18 Sherry Oak Cask
View attachment 170576
Nice set up

F.M.

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XD
Boat Length
Nice set up
I convinced my wife to clean out one of our glass front cabinets to display my scotch. I'm about to have to take over a second one, fingers crossed.

agannole93

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I convinced my wife to clean out one of our glass front cabinets to display my scotch. I'm about to have to take over a second one, fingers crossed.
Nice collection. Those glass shelves give me hives :oops:

F.M.

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XD
Boat Length
Nice collection. Those glass shelves give me hives :oops:
I actually had to have a new shelf made because I broke one. They hold about 80lbs before they decide to give up on life.

drewkaree

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I actually had to have a new shelf made because I broke one. They hold about 80lbs before they decide to give up on life.
"Honey, if I don't drink these down fast enough, the shelves will break. It's to save us money and heartache, honest!"

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

1BadTundra

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212X
Boat Length
My day to day is Jim Beam Vanilla... My spoil myself is Buffalo Trace...

Robconn

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR192
Boat Length
Was going to start an infinity blend. That is, get to remaining 20% of bottle then top it off with different bourbon. Repeat. Repeat and repeat. Eventually will end up a mixture of all tastes from personal collection. Got the idea from YouTube. Could do the same for scotch as well. Anyone heard of this before?