• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

What's your favorite Bourbon?

RobbieO

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212SE
Boat Length
Well then. This is quite the discussion. I must be missing out. I'm not a bourbon, scotch, or whiskey fan, and frankly, I wouldn't know the difference. It must be an acquired taste. All those bottles look awesome though, like show pieces. I used to drink VO/7 back in the day, with a twist of lemon. Seems nasty now. I'll take my Stella Artois and Lagunitas any day.
Bottoms up fellas!

agannole93

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Alright, anyone want to do some swapping on some bottles of Blanton's? I would like to build a complete set. I've got 2 unopened bottles with the #2 "N" or the "N:", that I would like to trade for bottles with a different letter. Since you can't legally ship bourbon without a license, it would need to be a local or fairly local meet up to swap. One bottle is still in the box with the bag, the other is just the bottle with no box or bag, and I will trade accordingly.
What other letters do you have? I have the first N that I've been looking to swap for ages. Need B, A, O and S

F.M.

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XD
Boat Length
What other letters do you have? I have the first N that I've been looking to swap for ages. Need B, A, O and S
I have 4 of the same letter.

F.M.

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XD
Boat Length
Looks like my brother might have just picked up 2 letter Os for me. When I get my hands on them I'll let you know. I could use the first N.

agannole93

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Looks like my brother might have just picked up 2 letter Os for me. When I get my hands on them I'll let you know. I could use the first N.
Shoot me a PM if so. We're just down around Gadsden and I'd happily trade that unopened N with you.

F.M.

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XD
Boat Length
Just opened a bottle of Jack Daniel's 27 Gold. Isn't too bad, but a little too sweet for me.

drewkaree

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
This was my night: fish fry, went to one other bar, a WI Badger win, and back home for cigars and whiskey with the Brother-in-law. Here's my "flight" for the evening. Only meh was the Sheldaig Single Malt.

The Sheldaig blended, NOICE! Single Malt I can pass on, the Macallan will be purchased in 750 mL form either tomorrow or at my earliest convenience, and I recommend you do the same, and the Yellowstone is the BIL's, also recommended by the 750, but needed ice and a dot of water. BIL required 2 dots of water, and he's currently passed out on the porch a few feet away.

. I know 3 of the 4 are Scotch, but I snuck a bourbon in the mix. Buy the Macallan, now! The Yellowstone is also dynamite, when proofed down somewhat with ice/water. On the rocks, it's good, with water, I thought it was great! As for the Macallan, if you're afraid of Scotch, find a small bottle somewhere. You MUST try it! I think you'll want the adult bottle, but no shame in a small sample size before you buy into the Scotch world! The BIL was surprised I found him a scotch he liked, and NOBODY disliked it, including the wife character!

IMG_20220319_025026290.jpg

IMG_20220319_025140277.jpg

F.M.

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XD
Boat Length
This was my night: fish fry, went to one other bar, a WI Badger win, and back home for cigars and whiskey with the Brother-in-law. Here's my "flight" for the evening. Only meh was the Sheldaig Single Malt.

The Sheldaig blended, NOICE! Single Malt I can pass on, the Macallan will be purchased in 750 mL form either tomorrow or at my earliest convenience, and I recommend you do the same, and the Yellowstone is the BIL's, also recommended by the 750, but needed ice and a dot of water. BIL required 2 dots of water, and he's currently passed out on the porch a few feet away.

. I know 3 of the 4 are Scotch, but I snuck a bourbon in the mix. Buy the Macallan, now! The Yellowstone is also dynamite, when proofed down somewhat with ice/water. On the rocks, it's good, with water, I thought it was great! As for the Macallan, if you're afraid of Scotch, find a small bottle somewhere. You MUST try it! I think you'll want the adult bottle, but no shame in a small sample size before you buy into the Scotch world! The BIL was surprised I found him a scotch he liked, and NOBODY disliked it, including the wife character!

View attachment 173642

View attachment 173643
My wife prefers the 12y Macallan over the 18y. If you like the double cask version, you should try the sherry cask one.

gmac03

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Just picked up High West’s High Country.

Excellent.

F.M.

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XD
Boat Length
Finished putting together a full set! I need one more letter "A" to have a second set in boxes. I'm in the process of making a display stand for them. Got it mocked up to make sure the bottles fit.

16481739415135597573817794537408.jpg
20220324_200502.jpg

BigN8

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length

F.M.

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XD
Boat Length
I hate you…….☹
Sorry......

I guess I never truly looked too hard for it in stores because I didn't expect to find any. When my wife and I started actually stopping and looking for it, we picked up 21 bottles in less than a month.

Now I need to put together a set of Gold and Special Reserve, but I've never seen either one in stores.

Farny

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Centurion
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I've been working on finishing up some open bottles lately. Here's my collection of men down in the last few weeks.
All good ones- which one did you like best?

agannole93

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length

agannole93

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
All good ones- which one did you like best?
In order I'd probably say the Makers RC6, BT store pick, KC Store Pick and Longbranch last. Maker's took a while to open up but had some definite fruit punch notes that I ended up really enjoying in the end.

F.M.

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XD
Boat Length
I gotta know how this turns out and how you made it for when I finish up my set.
Finished staining it last night.

20220325_085948.jpg

I bought the stave off Etsy. And used an oak tabletop I had laying around for the bottom and sides. I just made a small lip all the way around so the bottles couldn't slide off.

20220325_090150.jpg

If you watch craigslist or marketplace you can get free solid wood tables and then up-cycle tops. Great way to get solid cherry and oak especially.

*edit*
Pocket holes in the bottom so no hardware shows.

BigN8

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Last night after a full day meeting, hit the cigar bar in The Colony, TX with my boss, his treat. Buffalo Trace in the glass

IMG_2022.jpeg

F.M.

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XD
Boat Length
Just finished off a bottle of Buffalo Trace. Then got into my wife's Jefferson Ocean. Gotta say, the Ocean is pretty tasty.

BigN8

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Just finished off a bottle of Buffalo Trace. Then got into my wife's Jefferson Ocean. Gotta say, the Ocean is pretty tasty.
Damn dude......you horde Blanton's then drink your wife's hooch??? Scoundral!