• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

What's your favorite Bourbon?

BigN8

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
That Pappy really that good or is it kinda over rated?? I don't think my palate is that discerning

agannole93

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
That Pappy really that good or is it kinda over rated?? I don't think my palate is that discerning
For me it'd be a must buy at the price he got it for just from a collection stand point. But all they're worth on the secondary market is the name. Can find much better juice out there for far less.

1969mach1

Reaction score
Boat Make
Crownline
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I'm trying to find all the letters. I have a hookup for Blanton's back home in VT at $50/bottle that I have check the tops for me. Of course with a couple extra on the shelf for opening.

Awesome on the Pappy. I've never seen one out in the wild before and stores like Costco here in Alabama don't have liquor attached. If you're not camping out overnight for allocated bottles you aren't finding anything here.
I am working on the letters too. I have a spirits guy at the local store here who hooks me up with a bottle a month. Which I about what I drink. Yeah, the Pappy was crazy. Problaby is that I am not chasing the dragon with every costco I go to. Probably never to be repeated. Just dumb luck.

1969mach1

Reaction score
Boat Make
Crownline
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
The Pappy is really good. I'd never pay secondary market prices for it. I haven't opened either bottle, but have had Pappy while out to dinner. As agannole93 mentioned, it's nice having it in your collection. Street value is about $2000 for the pair. I paid under $100. It was a no brainer. What I think happened: Costco spirits guy called his buddy and said, "I'm going to put these out, come down and get them" and either his buddy didn't make it, or I beat his buddy to the cashier. I had a cart full of crap when I rolled by and saw it. I literally left the cart in the liquor isle and ran to the cashier. I am not kidding. I feel like it's all about the collection now, which is a bummer. here are my top three that I'd drink all day and be happy if I never any other brand:

1. blantons
2. George Dickel 15 year
3. Eagle Rare

agannole93

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
The Pappy is really good. I'd never pay secondary market prices for it. I haven't opened either bottle, but have had Pappy while out to dinner. As agannole93 mentioned, it's nice having it in your collection. Street value is about $2000 for the pair. I paid under $100. It was a no brainer. What I think happened: Costco spirits guy called his buddy and said, "I'm going to put these out, come down and get them" and either his buddy didn't make it, or I beat his buddy to the cashier. I had a cart full of crap when I rolled by and saw it. I literally left the cart in the liquor isle and ran to the cashier. I am not kidding. I feel like it's all about the collection now, which is a bummer. here are my top three that I'd drink all day and be happy if I never any other brand:

1. blantons
2. George Dickel 15 year
3. Eagle Rare
Eagle Rare is becoming my go to. I love Blanton's but I try to make them last. I can get Eagle at $30 a bottle back home in VT pretty consistently. Just brought 4 bottles back to Alabama from being up there at Christmas. To me that value can't be beat for an everyday sipper.

BigN8

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Basil Hayden is my goto. I swear I can drink the $80-$100 stuff and I even have some Blantons, but honestly, I still think Basil Hayden is the smoothest, tastiest of them all. Every now and then I'll grab one of those Barrel 10yr or 12 yr bottles that are like 114-124 proof really just to have around when I have had a hard day and want to "go numb" quickly...

agannole93

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Basil Hayden is my goto. I swear I can drink the $80-$100 stuff and I even have some Blantons, but honestly, I still think Basil Hayden is the smoothest, tastiest of them all. Every now and then I'll grab one of those Barrel 10yr or 12 yr bottles that are like 114-124 proof really just to have around when I have had a hard day and want to "go numb" quickly...
If you can ever find 1816 Cask Strength, pick it up. High proof, smoothest and tastiest bourbon I've maybe ever had.

Attachments

agannole93

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Today's pour. Solid almost 10 year single barrel for the money. Haven't brought myself to open my KC12 yet but this is good stuff.

Attachments

drewkaree

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Just got this yesterday from one of the sons - our Christmas with all the kids/grandkids was late. All the guys had a sip, everyone thought on the nose it would be super hot and harsh, and everyone was surprised just how smooth this was. Summer is my drinking time, so I'll try to remember to report back later on this.

original_af2fad09-f9d7-4bc2-a1e0-cf2c8ddb54fd_IMG_20220115_214831964.jpg

BigN8

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Some of you guys have a very nice collection and bar setup. Now it's time to upgrade your ice game!! I bought this a little over a year ago. These things make clear, and I mean crystal clear ice balls in about 24 hours. I keep a 1 gallon zip lock bag in the freezer and I'll just keep making these even if I'm not having bourbon in order to stock pile some ice balls. And, yes they remain clear once you put them in the stock bag.

63823881290__39895EA0-39C9-4AA2-A972-CDC9F4BD78B5.jpeg

F.M.

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
I've got some silicone molds that they were giving out during the Jack Daniel's tour, but that looks much better and easier to use.

agannole93

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Some of you guys have a very nice collection and bar setup. Now it's time to upgrade your ice game!! I bought this a little over a year ago. These things make clear, and I mean crystal clear ice balls in about 24 hours. I keep a 1 gallon zip lock bag in the freezer and I'll just keep making these even if I'm not having bourbon in order to stock pile some ice balls. And, yes they remain clear once you put them in the stock bag.

View attachment 169825
For me, neat is the only way

Robconn

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR192
Boat Length
I'm not a big bourbon drinker, but I've been wanting to try Blantons for a while, it's just really hard to find locally.

I'm a scotch guy.
Curious to know, out of the 5 regions, which is your preferred scotch? The smoky peat flavor of an Islay seems to appeal to me. Specifically ardbeg.

F.M.

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
Curious to know, out of the 5 regions, which is your preferred scotch? The smoky peat flavor of an Islay seems to appeal to me. Specifically ardbeg.
I tend to lean towards Highland or Speyside. My go to at the moment is either a Tomatin 18 or a Glenmorangie 18 with Oban a close third.

I went with an Islay last night for dinner though and enjoyed it. I had a glass of Lagavulin 16 with a giant cowboy ribeye. The peat paired really nicely with it.

Robconn

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR192
Boat Length
I tend to lean towards Highland or Speyside. My go to at the moment is either a Tomatin 18 or a Glenmorangie 18 with Oban a close third.

I went with an Islay last night for dinner though and enjoyed it. I had a glass of Lagavulin 16 with a giant cowboy ribeye. The peat paired really nicely with it.
Thanks for the Feedback. I will have to check out your recommendations. My knowledge of scotch is limited. I would like to have at least a few types of scotch on hand. I will keep you posted.

F.M.

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
Came across an article online a year or so back taking about scotch and how it was rated/graded by the "professionals", and I've seen it a few places since when reading reviews, Macallan 18 is the bench mark when comparing scotch. So that might be a good place to start. If you don't want to invest in an entire bottle, find a bar or restaurant that has it and have a glass ($20-25 per glass around N. AL where I'm at), it's worth every penny. And if you like the 18 the 21 is even better but is out of my budget ($50-60 per glass). I've had one glass on a trip to New Orleans and it was definitely the highlight of the trip.