• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Where are the used Yamaha's?

212xcarbon

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
I know it's not boating season but there are hardly any used yamaha boats. Is everyone that ordered a 22 just waiting for their new boat to arrive before selling or trading their old one?

There is currently quite a few Yamaha's for sale on Facebook Marketplace. I think this is now the go to place to list boats like these for private sale.

Jim

Yeah I've been searching there, yes some.
I'm also being picky looking for 17 or newer 212x, really wanting a 21 212xe in blue...

I think a lot less people are selling their boats to get new ones because, well, they can't get a new one. Compounding that, people are buying used boats because they can't buy new ones.

Now is not the time to be a picky or indecisive buyer for pretty much anything.

Is everyone that ordered a 22 just waiting for their new boat to arrive before selling or trading their old one?
After watching what is happening to all powersports MFG's over the past year, that would be the #1 smart thing any current boat owner could do. Is wait till they have the new one hitched to the truck. As there are way too many variables that could slow delivery time. Yamaha is not the only ones not meeting delivery times.

Although, Yamaha is probably doing better than most with their 2022 deliveries. Ask BRP, Polaris and Arctic Cat about their Snow and dirt divisions. oof! Delays and cancellations on pre-orders galore! Polaris actually stopped taking orders on '21 SXS they could not deliver, so that they could re-tool their plant for 2022 machines and had already stopped taking pre-orders on 2022 units to catch up. They are once again with delivery times much later in the year.

Just did a search for 2020 Ar210 to see what they are going for, for my boat and it looks like they range from $45,000 - $54,000 within 500 miles of me. Wanted to see where the market is right now.

Facebook Marketplace

Even though I backed out on the 255 FSH, personally if I ever do upgrade again, I would wait till I have it in hand before selling current boat, if that is feasible.

I think it's a sloppy ad - the title is inconsistent and the picture doesn't match the title. In the Seller's Description it notes, 2012 Yamaha 12 Yamaha SX190 Black/White $24,999, 2020 Yamaha 2020 Yamaha 212X + Trailer - red/white $70,999. It is interesting, though, that this dealership has a lot of used Yamahas coming in for re-sale. Seems to me, however, prices are high compared to a lot of other FB Marketplace ads.

Jim

After watching what is happening to all powersports MFG's over the past year, that would be the #1 smart thing any current boat owner could do. Is wait till they have the new one hitched to the truck. As there are way too many variables that could slow delivery time. Yamaha is not the only ones not meeting delivery times.

I ordered a 2022 Monterey 255 SS in September and will not sell my 2018 AR240 until I have the boat in hand as they can't tell me when it will be built and I will not go without a boat next year. That being said once I get it there will be a very well cared for 2018 AR240 with 100 hours for sell in NJ.

I think it's a sloppy ad - the title is inconsistent and the picture doesn't match the title. In the Seller's Description it notes, 2012 Yamaha 12 Yamaha SX190 Black/White $24,999, 2020 Yamaha 2020 Yamaha 212X + Trailer - red/white $70,999. It is interesting, though, that this dealership has a lot of used Yamahas coming in for re-sale. Seems to me, however, prices are high compared to a lot of other FB Marketplace ads.

Jim

River Valley always posts those ads with a variety of boats and only listing the asking price of the AR190 as a drawing card item. They know the used market and will ask well over as they know some folks will only buy from a dealership.

That being said, they are very reputable dealer and one of the only ones in Minnesota. They move a ton of Yamaha for sure. For those curious about the market on Facebook, keep telling yourself, that is asking prices, not the market. There are more folks fishing for a sucker, than actually selling their boats.

One of my other vices is fast cars. People have been saying the same about corvette prices, that "those are asking prices not selling prices and don't be a sucker". People following that advice have been searching for a vette for 2 years. Probably will be searrching for a long time still.

@biffdotorg, is correct about the Facebook ads. There are a lot of "sucker" prices on Facebook. On the other hand, there are also some very reasonable prices as well. Saw a nice looking 2020 AR195S listed at $38K last week. Probably worth every penny of the listed price and if I was buying a boat now (still waiting to move into the new house) I would definitely had checked out this boat.

Jim

Well I will finally be able to put my used boat up for sale.
My 2010 AR240 (216 hours) sat at a dealer in Austin, TX from January 2020 until this week waiting on parts to fix one of the jet drives - missed the whole of last year when we could have had a stellar boating season.
So once the boat is back in operation I'll be putting it up for sale - not sure what the market rate is going to be for it, but at least down here in TX the boat season lasts pretty much all year.

River Valley always posts those ads with a variety of boats and only listing the asking price of the AR190 as a drawing card item. They know the used market and will ask well over as they know some folks will only buy from a dealership.

That being said, they are very reputable dealer and one of the only ones in Minnesota. They move a ton of Yamaha for sure. For those curious about the market on Facebook, keep telling yourself, that is asking prices, not the market. There are more folks fishing for a sucker, than actually selling their boats.
I dealt with Kyle Price and Tommy Odell when I bought my boat at their red wing store… top shelf guys.

@biffdotorg, is correct about the Facebook ads. There are a lot of "sucker" prices on Facebook. On the other hand, there are also some very reasonable prices as well. Saw a nice looking 2020 AR195S listed at $38K last week. Probably worth every penny of the listed price and if I was buying a boat now (still waiting to move into the new house) I would definitely had checked out this boat.

Jim
Amen, a person just has to sift through them to get an idea. As many of the sellers really don't know the market either, and will just price it similar to others out there. That's a very fair place to start. But when everyone is fishing, and nobody is catching, then it changes. It's not like down south where you can still go use it. Up here, there are plenty to compare to, the same ones have been out there for quite some time.

I think adding in the age of the ad is a fair way to gauge if the asking price is fair. Or if the condition matches the asking price. As any Yamaha in decent condition fairly priced is still selling in our hard water situation. If it's been on the market since soft water, then someone has been hitting the pipe a bit too much. We have a few listed since June, and those are obvious wastes of time.

I dealt with Kyle Price and Tommy Odell when I bought my boat at their red wing store… top shelf guys.
Maybe so, but if you check their website they have 0 inventory.

Totally agree!!!
People are holding on to their boats due to the ridiculous pricing going on. The few used Yamahas that I've seen for sale are way overpriced and new ones are scarce.

I know the times we are in but a 2 year old boat asking price is higher than msrp on a 22. Wtf

Notice how they say in many of the ads, "coming in" they are literally trying to pre sell used boats that may be traded in, when their pre-sold 22's are delivered. It's almost as bad as taking more pre orders than their allotment.

That being said, if they have a buyer for their buyers old boat, it will make the transaction much smoother and everyone wins.

Totally agree!!!
People are holding on to their boats due to the ridiculous pricing going on. The few used Yamahas that I've seen for sale are way overpriced and new ones are scarce.

I spoke with Kyle this morning and he told me that MOST model year 22 boats are 2-5 months out on delivery. All inventory is first come first served, and if you wait until the Minneapolis boat show most if not all of the 22 model year boats will be sold.

Back