• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Where are the used Yamaha's?

Just did a search for 2020 Ar210 to see what they are going for, for my boat and it looks like they range from $45,000 - $54,000 within 500 miles of me. Wanted to see where the market is right now.

Facebook Marketplace

Even though I backed out on the 255 FSH, personally if I ever do upgrade again, I would wait till I have it in hand before selling current boat, if that is feasible.
Sorry to hear you backed out. I was happy for you. But your boat is dialed in, so enjoy it for awhile.

Well I will finally be able to put my used boat up for sale.
My 2010 AR240 (216 hours) sat at a dealer in Austin, TX from January 2020 until this week waiting on parts to fix one of the jet drives - missed the whole of last year when we could have had a stellar boating season.
So once the boat is back in operation I'll be putting it up for sale - not sure what the market rate is going to be for it, but at least down here in TX the boat season lasts pretty much all year.
I just sold my 2010 AR240 with just over 300hrs for $35k up in Maryland. Hope that helps.

Sorry to hear you backed out. I was happy for you. But your boat is dialed in, so enjoy it for awhile.

@RobbieO Thanks. It just was bad timing for us, the opportunity came out of no where. I am fine with backing out and really don't regret it. Really looking forward to get out in my boat late March or First of April in Lk. St. Clair to do some fishing once the ice clears and the fish move in.

Thanks for the info - I guess with boats and all vehicles they are only worth what someone will actually pay for it.
How long did it take you to sell your boat?

Wow those prices are ridiculous on the 212x. You can get one around here for at least $5k - $10k less right now.

I would bet if we were not -32f this morning, those boats would have never made the website. During soft water season, they probably don't even bother putting them up there. Just like their ad, they may have examples of what may or may not be in stock. Sort of pushing the limits of the bait and switch laws.

I‘m not following you on this one…. I’ve seen used boats on their site before, please enlighten me.

I‘m not following you on this one…. I’ve seen used boats on their site before, please enlighten me.

During the winter (now) they have enough stock in the lot long enough to bother putting them up on the site. During the Spring/Summer/Fall, they sell faster than the time it takes to make an ad and add it to the website.

Just like the car dealer who keeps all the used cherries in the back lot, they never make it to the front lot or the showroom. Anyone looking for a cherry skips the front lot and drives around back to see what was just traded in and not gone through detailing yet.

Imagine how long it takes to detail, prep, take photos, create listing and post a used boat. In this market "in season" they will sell as soon as they are available. And in River valley's case, they are taking names on boats that could potentially come in on trade! So updating the website is just wasted time. What you are seeing today, is the off season, as we have 2' of ice and -32f. Most folks are not in boat mode until the first boat shows come this month.

During the winter (now) they have enough stock in the lot long enough to bother putting them up on the site. During the Spring/Summer/Fall, they sell faster than the time it takes to make an ad and add it to the website.

Just like the car dealer who keeps all the used cherries in the back lot, they never make it to the front lot or the showroom. Anyone looking for a cherry skips the front lot and drives around back to see what was just traded in and not gone through detailing yet.

Imagine how long it takes to detail, prep, take photos, create listing and post a used boat. In this market "in season" they will sell as soon as they are available. And in River valley's case, they are taking names on boats that could potentially come in on trade! So updating the website is just wasted time. What you are seeing today, is the off season, as we have 2' of ice and -32f. Most folks are not in boat mode until the first boat shows come this month.

Thanks!

Wow those prices are ridiculous on the 212x. You can get one around here for at least $5k - $10k less right now.
Those prices are ridiculous. I saw a 2022 212xe in my dealership last week. If I remember correctly, it was around 69k.

I wonder since the boars are used if that is the asking price and an offer of realistic value would be accepted?

Maybe. Shoot high to get those not informed first and go from there.

there’s one…seems reasonably priced

And another that seems reasonably priced

All one has to do is look around and there are nice boats and reasonable prices. For those that don't want to put the extra effort or distance in, they will pay what they pay. I see postings here and over other boards/facebook of people bitching that they can't go up to their corner dealer and get the best price. In this market it will take more work than that.

All one has to do is look around and there are nice boats and reasonable prices. For those that don't want to put the extra effort or distance in, they will pay what they pay. I see postings here and over other boards/facebook of people bitching that they can't go up to their corner dealer and get the best price. In this market it will take more work than that.

“Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work”
Thomas Edison

Back