• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Where to mount NOCO GCP?

Noles187

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH
Boat Length
For those of you with onboard battery chargers, where did you mount your charging receptacle (aka NOCO GCP)? I want it to be somehwere I can plug it in while the cover is still on.72F16DF1-1D97-41A7-9DD7-D0E473AB0034.JPG

FSH 210 Sport

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Mine is mounted on the port side of the Center Console… personally I would not mount it on the outside of the hull. You can just run the cord under the cover.

Noles187

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH
Boat Length
Why would you not mount it on the outside of the hull?

FSH 210 Sport

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
This sounds subjective… I don’t like the idea of it being on the outside of the hull. IMHO the only thing on the outside should be a thru hull fitting sealed with 4200 minimum.

FSH 210 Sport

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I sure like the name of your boat!

Noles187

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH
Boat Length
Thank you!

ahenderson432

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Other
Boat Model
255XD
Boat Length
This sounds subjective… I don’t like the idea of it being on the outside of the hull. IMHO the only thing on the outside should be a thru hull fitting sealed with 4200 minimum.
I second that. Just can't see myself or letting anyone make a hole in my new boat for that plug. Cringe just thinking about it. I mounted mine next to the Battery Switches and just run an extension cord under the cover from the rear deck.

Attachments

Dixemon

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I have mine mounted on the starboard side right above the wash-down hose receptacle on the 210. That is hardwired into a 4 plug surge protector that all three of my chargers (2x victron and 1 noco) are plugged into. I second the idea of not having it on the outside of the boat, I guess for me i boat in salt water and i also don't want any penetrations through the hull. The cord easily snakes under the cover.

tpspeier

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I mounted mine on port side about 2 feet forward of the gas cap. I don't have a pic handy, but it's mounted just under the graphic as the graphic tails off toward the front. This isn't my boat, but I labeled the location with an X so you can see.

1701363629682.png