• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Announcing the 2024 Jetboat Pilot 10th Annual Marine Mat Group Buy for JetBoaters.net members only! This is your best time to buy Marine Mat from JetboatPilot - you won't get a better price - 30% Off! Use Coupon Code JETBOATERS.NET at checkout.

So if you are tired of stepping on really hot snaps/carpet, or tired of that musty carpet smell - Marine Mat is the best alternative out there! Get in on this now, or pay more later!

You only have until September 30th to get in on this.....So Hurry!

You can dismiss this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner>>>>>>>>

Who is ready to kick winter in the ass and boot it out?

RForester

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
I don't know about the rest of you guys, but I am so stinking sick of winter. Some of us have boat payments, storage fees, etc. just going to waste because we can't play in our boats! This stinks! I tell you how bad it is with me, yesterday i drove over to the storage unit and just opened it up, took the cover off, climbed inside and just listened to the stereo for a few. Sad huh? Summer hurry up!

I'm in the same boat. Well actually sitting in my boat in the garage right now enjoying the tunes, the LED mood lighting, and admiring the new Seadek, and Elite 4 I installed while drinking my last "winter" Guinness from the fridge. It will be much better on the water; but I honestly find myself chilling out with it on the trailer quite a bit. Not sad anymore, just a good way to unwind. My wife still laughs at me, especially when company comes to visit and we all end up hanging out in the boat (in the garage! Uh oh. Winter Guinness is empty! Time to climb out and grab a "summer beer"! See ya winter! I hear birds chirping in the mornings.

Was able to get out on the bay early Feberuary with hope of a early spring- all to vanish with a polar vartex ! Just saying :).... I am ready for New 242 to come in - sell my sweet AR240 and spend some time on the water. @Seadeals me and my friends do the same thing, hang out in the boat lol. Hope you able to enjoy some summer beer and smooth water soon!

Thanks @Jackew! Only difference is you get to have more friends than I do in your 242. I'll eventually move up; but gosh darn it if the wife finally might actually want a minivan first (swore them off for years). Looks like Honda might beat Yamaha to my money. No worries though... I love my wife and my boat so it's all good.

I only got 1 thing to say ........
Lake Oconee @ its finest - sm.jpg

Best Wishes to all ! Mikey Lulejian - Lake Oconee, GA

73 degrees in Iowa today but still 6 inches of ice on the lake. Talk about punishment. My buddy bought a new boat late last fall and didn't get it in the water. He wants to drive south this weekend to see how far we have to go to find open water. Any members in southern Iowa been by the lake?

What is this winter you speak of? We only got a couple dustings of snow here this year (very very unusual). Ive already had the new boat out four times this year. Going out again tomorrow. Gotta love the high desert!

It does suck for you guys in the northeast. I do feel for you. You guys will be the ones laughing at us by the end of summer, when we have no more water to use in our reservoirs and your lakes are still good.

I was thinking the same thing. 15F here in Anchorage. We didn't have much winter and now its getting COLDER! Lake house in Wis is 45F. I can't wait to get back on the boat. I just bought it last May. I've got a sub to put in and a few minor things to do. Can't wait.

I am definitely ready for spring. This winter has kicked our ass.
We got 6 more inches of snow last Thursday on top of the 5'+ that was on the ground.
Since then - it's been in the mid 40's - low 50's - with 58 yesterday. Unbelievable how fast the snow is melting. Everything is mud. Rivers flowing down streets. But it's exciting to see this crap melting.
I can now actually see my roof for the 1st time since December.

It hit 90 here today, Ugh! Too early for that.

I retired this past October after 25 years in Law Enforcement. My son started college in Charlotte NC, about the same time. I started with a new P.D. as a second career and now have to listen to him tell me how warm it is every day at the school I'm paying for. I am looking however at the nice lakes in that NC/SC Lake Wylie area. Just have to convince the wife the schools down there are just as good for the two little ones. One of my friends stated that lake has a Nuclear power plant and are having troubles with the water?

Even with the recent warm temps, we still have over a foot of snow on the ground and the lakes are still frozen solid. Not looking good for an early Spring here. I am thinking around May 1st before the boat is in the water.

60+ degrees here today and the lake is still frozen over. I may try Lake Michigan next weekend and drop a line or two to see if anything hits. Probably won't even spend money on minows or anything, maybe a hotdog, lol

@2devine ......... I wish I had the words to help convince you how much difference there is down herem in "the South."
First, N.C. is a great state to live in, and Lake Wylie is to die for, as far as lakes go.
Then you got the "people" and nothing beats us Suthern'rs ! Really. Nothing at all.
And while you are waiting for snow to melt and ice to thaw, we have already mowed our lawns times so far.
PEOPLE - PLACES- ATMOSHPERE - ATTITUDES - REALITIES = Life in the South.
As I have said for many, many years ..........

"American by Birth ........ Southern by the Grace of God!"
And now you too can adopt that as YOUR saying ! Good Luck - Mikey Lulejian - Lake Oconee, GA

I'm still looking at 3' of snow here - considerable melt down from the 5' we had just a week ago.

Lake was 20" thick last Sunday - I predict it's down to 16" or hopefully less today. I keep looking at it waiting and waiting for it to start breaking up.
Water is going to be damn cold this May.
Waiting for ice to melt is like watching paint dry. The more you stare at it, the slower the process.
Damn it - I'm staring at it now!

@octavio3311 ........ I feel for ya. Pls know the only reason I did the "Southern Board of Tourism & Relocations Services" thingie for @2devine was the fact he said he was looking seriously into / considering / trying to convince his bride/ thinking about moving/ whatever .
Connecticut has some really nice areas to live in ... but we feel really prejudiced "down here" and are proud to talk about it. That's all.
I'll say a prayer for fast snow thawing for you tonight !

Hopefully y'all might enjoy this ....... Relocate 1 - 2devine - 3.jpg

@MikeyL - it's all good brother.
Ct is an absolutely beautiful state to live in - couldn't agree with u more. Lots of history - lots of money, lots of everything. The coast is beautiful, and I happen to live literally down the street from the states largest lake. But winters SUCK! I get so bummed in October realizing winter is around the corner.
The older I get, the more winter hurts.

I vacation in the Outer Banks, NC every year. And I consider moving down every year. But just can't pull the trigger. My job, my wife's job is just way too good up here.

Ct has been a great state. octavio3311- I have been where you are, now that I am older it is getting harder to deal with a winter like this. It is so weird how we are creatures of habit and how hard it is to pull the trigger and move away from something we know so well. @MikeyL I love the nudge to keep looking on Zillo at houses on the water down there. Funny thing the difference in taxes etc. I probably wouldn't have to work a second career. It is still so hard to do the move. I didn't mean to hijack this thread just thought on retirement I would have the guts to move after a winter like this. When the best selling time comes around in spring I forget the winter and start loving the shoreline again. This must be some type of Boater Alzheimer's you forget the 5 months of payments and storage fees winter brings.

Back